Laptop warming up room

NeatSquidYT

Hi,

My mum is making fun out of me currently for saying that I'm hot due to my laptop heating up my corner of the room. My laptop reaches 95 degrees Celsius, and she still says that. Tell her she's wrong please.

She's wrong.

She won't listen to us

My statement achieved nothing

(And clean your laptop if it's getting to 95 degrees C)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm hot due to my laptop heating up my corner of the room.

Do you live in a, let's say, shipping container, by any chance? Perhaps an igloo?

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

tbh she may be right. One of my siblings spends most of the day on a netbook and her room is noticeably warmer than the rest of the house.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Wait, so you are saying she believes you have some sort of health issue and that you are heating up the room?

Well, I've heard that the human body releases about 80W of heat while "operating", so as hilarious as this is, she's not entirely wrong; you are probably contributing close to 50% of the "problem" :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Hi

My laptop reaches 95 degrees, and my mum is making fun out of my currently for saying that my laptop heats up my corner of the room, saying that it's stupid. It has an exhaust that hurts the hand due to how hot it is. Please tell her that she's wrong.

That's pretty normal for a laptop - I get 105 (CPU-killing) if I play for more than 5 hours. So I don't. So your mother says it's stupid to heat up your laptop like that? or what? not sure I understand

tbh she may be right

Wait, so you are saying she believes you have some sort of health issue and that you are heating up the room?

Well, I've heard that the human body releases about 80W of heat while "operating", so as hilarious as this is, she's not entirely wrong; you are probably contributing close to 50% of the "problem" :P

umm.... no... I was wearing a dressing gown whilst typing and started sweating whilst my laptop was on, but beforehand I was fine. I'm not saying I have a health issue.

Clean it

cba. It's old and slow af, I don't care if it dies.

That's pretty normal for a laptop - I get 105 (CPU-killing) if I play for more than 5 hours. So I don't. So your mother says it's stupid to heat up your laptop like that? or what? not sure I understand

no,  she's saying it's stupid that I get hot because of it.

Clean it

She's wrong.

She won't listen to us

My statement achieved nothing

(And clean your laptop if it's getting to 95 degrees C)

My laptop's CPU sat in the low 90s even when it was brand new, and didn't thermal throttle at all.  Not all laptops are designed with super cooling... some are thin :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Hi

My laptop reaches 95 degrees, and my mum is making fun out of my currently for saying that my laptop heats up my corner of the room, saying that it's stupid. It has an exhaust that hurts the hand due to how hot it is. Please tell her that she's wrong.

EDIT: I mean she's saying I'm stupid because I said that it warms me up.

do like me in the winter, use F@H to heat the house

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I'm not saying I have a health issue.

I'm not saying you do either.  I was asking if that's what she thinks, since the OP was a little unclear to me

umm.... no... I was wearing a dressing gown whilst typing and started sweating whilst my laptop was on, but beforehand I was fine. I'm not saying I have a health issue.

well, especially since you're in a dressing gown, you probably just heat yourself up, it's an insulating layer, and the laptop wont be helping.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Well at least your not watercoooling, even more heat output to the room.  :D

how exactly?  Components set up a certain will way release X watts of heat regardless.  Whether this is effectively and quickly moved away from them and into the room or not makes no difference in the long run - the heat will get into the room, because if it doesn't, the parts will continue to heat up and melt

cba. It's old and slow af, I don't care if it dies.

Use it a room heater lololol

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Tell her 1 laptop heats 1 room

Tell her more laptops heat more rooms

???
more laptops

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Use it a room heater lololol

That's what I do, but my mum keeps laughing at me because I say that it heats up my corner of the room

no,  she's saying it's stupid that I get hot because of it.

If you're complaining to her about it then yeah that's stupid but otherwise why does she even care?

Luckily my mother is a physics teacher. Can you try to explain her how heat dissipation actually works?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

My old Pentium 4 laptop-which had the CPU running at 3.9GHz-managed to warm up my entire room so......

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

how exactly?  Components set up a certain will way release X watts of heat regardless.  Whether this is effectively and quickly moved away from them and into the room or not makes no difference in the long run - the heat will get into the room, because if it doesn't, the parts will continue to heat up and melt

It's more efficient in the radiator's it's ability to transfer the heat to the air due to the larger surface area so just heats up the surrounding air faster.

If you're complaining to her about it then yeah that's stupid but otherwise why does she even care?

I wasn't complaining, it was a passing comment. She then proceeded to mock me.

Luckily my mother is a physics teacher. Can you try to explain her how heat dissipation actually works?

Sound cooler than Post Office Worker. I will try, if she says it to me again, I will get out paper and explain the kinetic theory to her.