Halo 5?

megjake

I've heard a lot about it, IGN and imdb have it good scores, and I'm hearing good things, but I just want more feedback. I heard it was terrible from a ps fanboy, but he thinks the order was fantastic. No spoilers please

your much better off watching the campaign on utube ;)

^THIS.

Don't bother playing campaign. Utter waste. Just watch and be done. I swear it was written by a 12 year old.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Better than 4 probably (haven't played but have seen) but that doesn't really give much praise, as 4 imo was awful.

I thought it was OK, but my friends who only play online loved it.

Honestly I never followed the story all that closely until mcc, and its kinda confusing to me

I thought it was OK, but my friends who only play online loved it.

I still like reach and 3 over it for both aspects, 4 seemed weird to me and I have a hard time putting my distaste for the game in words.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I still like reach and 3 over it for both aspects, 4 seemed weird to me and I have a hard time putting my distaste for the game in words.

Well yeah, but comparing 3 to 4 is like comparing fallout to csgo

I mean fallout and assassins creed unity, don't know why I put csgo

My copy of Halo 5 is supposedly arriving tomorrow. The hype that has been generated for the story has been massive. From a spectacular opening cinematic to two seasons of Hunt the Truth, marketing for the story has done well. However I'm a bit worried they are unable to deliver that hype, judging from user feedback.

Multiplayer has been praised by many.

Regarding it's continuation from Halo 4, it is a step back from style. A reason Halo 4 didn't do too well is because it changed too many things and often just for change's sake. Halo 5 has taken a step back by re-introducing some Bungie-related elements such as the traditional soundtrack. It has also removed loadouts from Halo 4 and brought in AR/Pistol starts, which make the game balanced.

Regarding the story you need to catch up on to enjoy Halo 5, you can just watch the cinematics from the games to understand the story; perhaps also spending some time readying summaries. However after Halo 4, you will want to read an arc from Halo: Escalation, titled "The Next 72 Hours", which specifically transitions Halo 4 to Halo 5 from Master Chief's prospective. In other areas, such as politics, you will want to read the rest of Halo: Escalation and watch Spartan Ops cinematics. Halo Canon's channel has a few Halo 5 Primer videos, which help new players get into Halo 5 by introducing backstory.

If you aren't compelled by my post to pick up the game, it's understandable. Most aren't willing to dump faith into 343 after Halo 4 and the outsourced Halo: MCC fiasco. I am however a loyal fan and will continue to enjoy Master Chief's sagas. People have told me the campaign sucks. It only makes my experience better if I enjoy it.

Honestly I never followed the story all that closely until mcc, and its kinda confusing to me

Please allow me and my extensive Halo knowledge to guide you along. What parts are you confused about?

COMIC SANS

Please allow me and my extensive Halo knowledge to guide you along. What parts are you confused about?

1. 343 guilty spark, why did he betray you? And why does he exist?

2. Prometheans?

3. What happened to Commander keys (I forgot)

4. Why did chief fake his death?

I have more but a lot are stuff I just forgot rather than dont know

1. 343 guilty spark, why did he betray you? And why does he exist?

2. Prometheans?

3. What happened to Commander keys (I forgot)

4. Why did chief fake his death?

I have more but a lot are stuff I just forgot rather than dont know

1) If we're being technical, Guilty Spark never betrayed anyone. He was following protocol. When the Chief originally wanted to light the ring, Guilty Spark helped him, when the Chief wanted to blow up the ring, Guilty Spark tried to kill him. He was the overseer of Installation 04 (Alpha Halo), and therefore he was also its protector. When the ring was destroyed he was without purpose, until Alpha Halo was rebuilt a few months latter by the Lesser Ark. When Johnson went to light the ring, it was going to destroy the ring as well, which was no bueno to Guilty Spark. Naturally, protocol kicked in.

2) Prometheans are the Ur-Didact's (not Iso-Didact, there is a difference) personal army, you could say. A Promethean is "built" by using the Composer, which turns organic matter such as humans, Elites, Forerunners, etc. etc. into Prometheans.

3) Commander Keys was essentially captured by the Flood. Chief killed him.

4) He never did...? (I'm not sure what part of whatever Halo game you're referring to...)

COMIC SANS

1) If we're being technical, Guilty Spark never betrayed anyone. He was following protocol. When the Chief originally wanted to light the ring, Guilty Spark helped him, when the Chief wanted to blow up the ring, Guilty Spark tried to kill him. He was the overseer of Installation 04 (Alpha Halo), and therefore he was also its protector. When the ring was destroyed he was without purpose, until Alpha Halo was rebuilt a few months latter by the Lesser Ark. When Johnson went to light the ring, it was going to destroy the ring as well, which was no bueno to Guilty Spark. Naturally, protocol kicked in.

2) Prometheans are the Ur-Didact's (not Iso-Didact, there is a difference) personal army, you could say. A Promethean is "built" by using the Composer, which turns organic matter such as humans, Elites, Forerunners, etc. etc. into Prometheans.

3) Commander Keys was essentially captured by the Flood. Chief killed him.

4) He never did...? (I'm not sure what part of whatever Halo game you're referring to...)

Halo 3, didnt he fake it?

The Forward Unto Dawn was separated during slipspace, and this the Chief was isolated in an unknown region in space.

No. Half of the Forward Unto Dawn was sucked into the Slipspace rupture while the other half (Chief's half) didn't make it. They lost communications and obviously couldn't pilot the ship. They couldn't do anything, so Cortana set up a beacon in hopes that somebody would eventually find them, and until then the Chief went into stasis.

COMIC SANS

No. Half of the Forward Unto Dawn was sucked into the Slipspace rupture while the other half (Chief's half) didn't make it. They lost communications and obviously couldn't pilot the ship. They couldn't do anything, so Cortana set up a beacon in hopes that somebody would eventually find them, and until then the Chief went into stasis.

When I tell that to my friend he might explode. He was the one who said he died

When I tell that to my friend he might explode. He was the one who said he died

Just show him this.

As a side note, I'll 343i credit where credit is due. The Halo 4 announcement trailer was freaking brilliant and nostalgic.

COMIC SANS

Multi-player is definitely a good change (4 was a step in the wrong direction and reach was just terribad).

The campaign is half a story at best and can be ignored.