Best tubing for watercooling in tight spots

Ok so ive done watercooling before. But im doing water cooling in a tight spot.

Tygon, ek tubing, im really interested in neoprene tubing.

What basicly the best tubing out there? (Tubing will not be in sight so looks dont matter

Ill be cooling a 6700k OC a little and a 980ti ssc left stock

Ok so ive done watercooling before. But im doing water cooling in a tight spot.

Tygon, ek tubing, im really interested in neoprene tubing.

What basicly the best tubing out there? (Tubing will not be in sight so looks dont matter

Ill be cooling a 6700k OC a little and a 980ti ssc left stock

Primochill and EKWB's ZMT tube is also some of the best stuff out there.

thinner tubes bend easier.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

thinner tubes bend easier.

True, but the thinner wall stuff kinks a fair bit easier. 

Really, you want a thick wall, somewhat thin tube for tight bends. They don't bend quite as easy, but can go a lot further without kinking. 

When I was cooling in a tight space I grabbed barbed angle fittings at home-depot and used them in the areas where kinks where an issue. (if your tubing is flexible enough you can use PEX fittings like barbed fittings; they are a massive pain to get on but they don't leak. You will end up with nice straight runs bit they will have odd brass looking corners.

Edited for PEX fittings ... I used PEX fittings. not sharkbite.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

When I was cooling in a tight space I grabbed barbed angle fittings at home-depot and used them in the areas where kinks where an issue. (if your tubing is flexible enough you can use PEX fittings like barbed fittings; they are a massive pain to get on but they don't leak. You will end up with nice straight runs bit they will have odd brass looking corners.

If you are cheap, you can do your entire watercooling build with PEX and save a huge amount of money while being insanely less prone to leakage.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

EK ZMT tubing

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you are cheap, you can do your entire watercooling build with PEX and save a huge amount of money while being insanely less prone to leakage.

Tubing is less expensive than PEX as well as the fact PEX can be a bit less forgiving if you didn't measure perfectly or if you don't have the tools required to do it correctly. Also Pex to the actual blocks and radiators would be a bit of a challenge.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

Tubing is less expensive than PEX as well as the fact PEX can be a bit less forgiving if you didn't measure perfectly or if you don't have the tools required to do it correctly. Also Pex to the actual blocks and radiators would be a bit of a challenge.

PEX is certainly less flexible, but honestly with a crimping tool its a joke to do right and no one should ever fuck it up. But even though PEX tubing is slightly more expensive than PETG (and I mean very slightly), the fittings are literally 1/5 to 1/10 the cost, easily making up the difference. 

PEX fittings to the blocks and rads are literally the exact same thing as they are with regular tubing, it's a standard size.

I mean people still rarely do full copper watercooling in their pc and everything that exists in copper exists in PEX (or copper).

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

PEX is certainly less flexible, but honestly with a crimping tool its a joke to do right and no one should ever fuck it up. But even though PEX tubing is slightly more expensive than PETG (and I mean very slightly), the fittings are literally 1/5 to 1/10 the cost, easily making up the difference. 

PEX fittings to the blocks and rads are literally the exact same thing as they are with regular tubing, it's a standard size.

I mean people still rarely do full copper watercooling in their pc and everything that exists in copper exists in PEX (or copper).

I didn't try to use standard fittings on the PEX tubing  I assumed that the sharper barbs on the standard fittings would cause cracking or ar least risk it. Although now I'm kind of tempted to try it in my ITX box when I replace the damaged CPU in it.

sorry but NEVER barbed fittings....EVER

sorry but NEVER barbed fittings....EVER

Why the hate? they have exactly 2 points of failure. the o-ring and the person installing them. I have used them in every loop I have made and they have worked excellently

my whole build is nickel plated barbed fittings...

I prefer the Black chrome ones.

I didn't try to use standard fittings on the PEX tubing  I assumed that the sharper barbs on the standard fittings would cause cracking or ar least risk it. Although now I'm kind of tempted to try it in my ITX box when I replace the damaged CPU in it.

Nah, when you take note that PEX tubing for residential use has to withstand like 10 ATM of pressure (not to mention hotter than boiling water), it's basically the most leak resistant thing out there for plumbing. (My father and I replaced the plumbing of his cottage/retirement home a few years ago and have never looked back.)

And I meant that finding PEX fittings with the threading used for rads would be a joke because it's a very very common threading and size.

BTW Crimp fittings>>>>all, but they do look worse than compression fittings I'll admit.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

And I meant that finding PEX fittings with the threading used for rads would be a joke because it's a very very common threading and size.

My local home depot didn't have any while I was looking for some when I did a peltier cooled loop about a year ago so I went with soft tubing. (the pex would of been nicer because it would of been easier to get isolating jacket over the cooled lines.)

Although for the itx rig I think it would just be neat to have a hard line water loop in the tiny case.