Does anyone else find that Skype sucks lately?

yourdad165

It just crashes all the time and lags in calls and overall sucks. I use Skype with like about 10 + other friends. We've always used Skype just because its always been there but lately we're all experiencing problems with it.

Skype version 7.12 between Windows 7 and 10 users.

Is there anything better than Skype? We like screen sharing and the profile pic / message is nice. Also, just the way you can see people go on / offline. People always say TeamSpeak but I don't like the ear rape when people talk on mic. Skype has the mic going all the time so its not a surprise to hear someones voice all of a sudden.

I will tell you something...

It has always sucked.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

For me it's as bad as normal.

Also the problems you're complaining about would seem to be caused by your connection (or one of your friends').

Sig under construction.

It just crashes all the time and lags in calls and overall sucks. I use Skype with like about 10 + other friends. We've always used Skype just because its always been there but lately we're all experiencing problems with it.

Skype version 7.12 between Windows 7 and 10 users.

Is there anything better than Skype? We like screen sharing and the profile pic / message is nice. Also, just the way you can see people go on / offline. People always say TeamSpeak but I don't like the ear rape when people talk on mic. Skype has the mic going all the time so its not a surprise to hear someones voice all of a sudden.

It always sucked.  :huh: 

Teamspeak is the only usefull program for VOIP.

I will tell you something...

It has always sucked.

No I used to use it 3 years ago. I've always loved it and all of a sudden it's just been terrible. How's Google Hangouts?

I've been using discord, one downside though is it doesn't have a feedback block functionality otherwise I like it more. And I like it more than teamspeak btw, just an opinion though.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Yes skype sucks lately so i moved 90% over on teamspeak :D

Even on time of writing this post my skype is crasht but its still open (Windows 10)

I have no problems with lag but i have a problem with The Crashes and the ghost calls 

Tag me if you need me :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop:                                       Laptop:        
CPU - i7-4790k                            CPU: I7 7700HQ
GPU - Inno3D 1080TI                  GPU: 1060
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI          Memory: 16 GB
Memory - 32 GB DDR3                Storage: 1256GB
Storage - 11 TB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: ONEPLUS 6 128GB

For me it's as bad as normal.

Also the problems you're complaining about would seem to be caused by your connection (or one of your friends').

No trust me its not us. We all get the same glitches and we all have good internet.

I've started to use line with a couple of friends a week ago. It's a nice thing. But i have no idea about it's functionalities, it's multi-platform so that's nice, and it has some nice gimmicky stuff, but it's not too bad.

It does about anything skype can, exept screen sharing, you can send snapshots of your screen, but no video stream, i think. Never tried video calling with it on the pc, but it can do that, it works on mobile and there is a button on pc soo :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Yes skype sucks lately so i moved 90% over on teamspeak :D

Even on time of writing this post my skype is crasht but its still open (Windows 10)

I have no problems with lag but i have a problem with The Crashes and the ghost calls 

I go to call someone on Skype and it just crashes so I have to re-open it and call again. 

I have not used Skype for ages now, but a year or two ago when I used it frequently I found that it was getting worse and worse. Would not be surprised if it got worse now.

Also, I just started using Discord now and like it a lot. Only two things it doesn't feature is screen sharing and webcam stuff.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just get TS Skype has been terrible since the last 3 years or so. Teamspeak is the way to go, you just join a channel when you are "online" and you can have AFK channels and so on. Then its not as much background noise and better audio than Skype. (personal opinion)

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I go to call someone on Skype and it just crashes so I have to re-open it and call again. 

Yeah i have the same problem

Storage - 11 TB

Skype's VOIP sucks. Teamspeak's is much better.

On Teamspeak, you can configure it to be constant mic, or change the push-to-talk to toggle so you can just press it and forget it.

Teamspeak's codecs are waaay better, even people with crappy mics sound "okay."

On Teamspeak, you can have as many people as you want in one "call" (as many as the server permits,) and it won't be one million people talking all at once because of PTT.

I used to be quite active here.

Skype always sucked

Hangouts for life.

Just get TS Skype has been terrible since the last 3 years or so. Teamspeak is the way to go, you just join a channel when you are "online" and you can have AFK channels and so on. Then its not as much background noise and better audio than Skype. (personal opinion)

When its silence on teamspeak its 100% silence skype is not 100% silence you can hear someones noise.

And yes skype has screen sharing and facecam and a online,away.do not disturb,fake offline,and offline but Screen sharing sucks its 10 fps and 720p facecam has a lot of problems and the status feature just sucks some times with the app open.

Storage - 11 TB

I agree, skype has gone way down hill lately, thats why I'm working on getting both myself and my friends moved to discord instead, it's soo much nicer.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The difference between Teamspeak and Skype is just that Teamspeak has options - and not just two stupid bars that you can change from "does nothing" to "does also nothing".  ;) 

And then there is also the obviously better quality and performance.

When its silence on teamspeak its 100% silence skype is not 100% silence you can hear someones noise.

And yes skype has screen sharing and facecam and a online,away.do not disturb,fake offline,and offline but Screen sharing sucks its 10 fps and 720p facecam has a lot of problems and the status feature just sucks some times with the app open.

Yep always that annoying background noise. I keep trying to get my friends to change from Skype but apparantly they think the sound is fine wich well tells some about how they appreciate good sound....So now I just talk with people that have enough sens to not use Skype. Beacuse I can't stand the background noise.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"