Arkham Knight back on sale, WB/Rocksteady recommend Windows 10 users have minimum 12GBs of RAM to play smoothly

Master Disaster

Ah, Windows 10.

I don't know what you mean by that. Right now (with Chrome open, running a livestream) I'm using less than 1GB RAM. On Windows 10.

EDIT- Oops, opening the livestream brought it to a whopping 1.5GB usage.

I used to be quite active here.

Nintendo knows how to optimize games on their own hardware. That wouldn't apply to any other platform.

No, but if it did, then they could. Pretty much guarantee it.

They're still working on SLI and Crossfire support? 12GB RAM for a smooth experience? This re-release sounds like it will be more embarrassing than the first one. 

The game runs well on non SLI systems but it still looks like ass.

Me playing Battlefront on Ultra settings, it reached a max of 7.0 FULL USAGE of RAM. If my system had 8GB only, it would have stuttered. Just because that was your brother's case doesn't mean that it's everybody's case.

Your experience is irrelevant because you have 16GB RAM. Everybody knows that if you have more RAM, you use more RAM. I had plenty of programs open, including a couple Google Chrome tabs, and I didn't go over ~75% RAM usage. I have 8GB RAM. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Next they're going to announce that you need at least 6 GB of VRAM as well. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I don't know what you mean by that. Right now (with Chrome open, running a livestream) I'm using less than 1GB RAM. On Windows 10.

EDIT- Oops, opening the livestream brought it to a whopping 1.5GB usage.

kek

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

kek

Really, though, I've only noticed better performance on Windows 10. I haven't had any driver issues, my 2013 GPU+2012 CPU run fine, no crazy RAM usage, no HDD problems, no keyboard/mouse problems.. Maybe my computer is immune??

Meh, that's BS. I never saw my PC take more than 8 Gigs during Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay, I had the game since the start that came with my old GTX 970.

I can't even run it without windows throwing the system is almost out of RAM message which in turn causes the game to crash as it switches to desktop ¬_¬ and on some occassions even causes CCC to swap to an unsuported resolution lol

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Really, though, I've only noticed better performance on Windows 10. I haven't had any driver issues, my 2013 GPU+2012 CPU run fine, no crazy RAM usage, no HDD problems, no keyboard/mouse problems.. Maybe my computer is immune??

Got lucky.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I can't even run it without windows throwing the system is almost out of RAM message which in turn causes the game to crash as it switches to desktop ¬_¬ and on some occassions even causes CCC to swap to an unsuported resolution lol

Arkham Knight, the game which keeps on giving, or taking in this case :P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Your experience is irrelevant because you have 16GB RAM. Everybody knows that if you have more RAM, you use more RAM. I had plenty of programs open, including a couple Google Chrome tabs, and I didn't go over ~75% RAM usage. I have 8GB RAM. 

Irrelevant? I would beg to differ, as most of my friends have already upgraded to 16 GB (most has 4GB to begin with.) I'd say most people building new computers with a budget over $1000 USD would put 16GB of RAM into their computer. 8GB being fine for every game on the planet is an old statement, I'm sure more and more games are gonna be asking for that 16GB instead.

I think this user on the topic explain it the best:

obG5JlY.png

never played a batman game .... and after this fail of a game ... never ever will in the future.... 

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

I'm not surprised. Seriously, games are evolving. Star Wars Battlefront recommends 16GB of RAM, since the game can use around 7 GB just for itself, your last gig being used by OS and other programs (Origin, ECT.) So, 16 is good.

That's what a page file is for. Windows isn't likely to keep that stuff in physical RAM while you have a game in focus.

That's what a page file is for. Windows isn't likely to keep that stuff in physical RAM while you have a game in focus.

Unless you're running those programs on multiple monitors, like I do. I might also get extra usage because I disabled paging files.

Well that they want 12GB isn't weird. But that they say that it will break after a certain while and start using the page file means that you are using too much RAM and have RAM leakage....

Demanding 12GB is okay aslong as you don't go suddenly needing 16GB after the game has been running for a few hours

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Irrelevant? I would beg to differ, as most of my friends have already upgraded to 16 GB (most has 4GB to begin with.) I'd say most people building new computers with a budget over $900 USD would put 16GB of RAM into their computer. 8GB being fine for every game on the planet is an old statement, I'm sure more and more games are gonna be asking for that 16GB instead.

I don't think you read my comment correctly. What I'm saying is, you cannot say for sure that you would have stuttered if you only had 8GB RAM, because when you have more RAM in your computer, you use more. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Eh, I never liked Batman games anyway.

I don't think you read my comment correctly. What I'm saying is, you cannot say for sure that you would have stuttered if you only had 8GB RAM, because when you have more RAM in your computer, you use more. 

I could take out one stick if you really want me to. :)

Irrelevant? I would beg to differ, as most of my friends have already upgraded to 16 GB (most has 4GB to begin with.) I'd say most people building new computers with a budget over $900 USD would put 16GB of RAM into their computer. 8GB being fine for every game on the planet is an old statement, I'm sure more and more games are gonna be asking for that 16GB instead.

I think this user on the topic explain it the best:

obG5JlY.png

I'd say$1000-1100 is where you start looking at adding at least 16GB of RAM. At that point you're getting into cards in the range of the 970 or 290/390 and it makes more sense to spend a little more on extra RAM. Below that you are more than likely looking at cards like the 960 or 380/380x paired with a lower end quad-core CPU and with that kind of system you aren't going to have the power to max out the kind of games that would require more than 8GBs anyway.

PS: That person is very wrong. 4 years ago 4GB was still the low recommendation for gaming systems with 8 being considered the max required. Game specs really didn't change drastically until the launch of the PS4 and XB1.

I could take out one stick if you really want me to. :)

Battlefront 3 isn't available anymore so that would be pointless lol

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I'd say$1000-1100 is where you start looking at adding at least 16GB of RAM. At that point you're getting into cards in the range of the 970 or 290/390 and it makes more sense to spend a little more on extra RAM. Below that you are more than likely looking at cards like the 960 or 380/380x paired with a lower end quad-core CPU and with that kind of system you aren't going to have the power to max out the kind of games that would require more than 8GBs anyway.

PS: That person is very wrong. 4 years ago 4GB was still the low recommendation for gaming systems with 8 being considered the max required. Game specs really didn't change drastically until the launch of the PS4 and XB1.

Person isn't very wrong. 8GB RAM is recommended in most game spec lists.

Here's a build that's almost exactly $1000 USD, overclockable, good GPU, and it's got 16GB RAM. Oh, also edited my post to $1000, $900 builds would be more suited for 1x8GB for upgradability later.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FF7s23

EDIT- That extra stuff really bloats this post. Removed.

I have claimed for quite a while now that 8GB is not a sweet spot for gamers anymore. You have to turn off unnecessary tasks though, maybe they take up some of your RAM.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I have claimed for quite a while now that 8GB is not a sweet spot for gamers anymore. You have to turn off unnecessary tasks though, maybe they take up some of your RAM.

I have no programs running except for steam and have disabled the majority of un-important services before I play :/

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

xD only 12gigs of ram!! ram is so cheap, right??

It is. I got 8 more GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM for 55 bucks on Amazon. RAM prices are super cheap nowadays. Even 6 months ago I paid nearly $70 for my first 8GB.

---------------

Anywho, I'm downloading the 2.4GB patch now and hoping they fixed the stuttering and FPS drop issues.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM