Why do YOU like PC over other "consoles"

MrKappa

Hey! I'm pretty new to PC gaming, I used to own a XB1 but well I decided to join the "Master Race" Personally I think the aspect that I enjoy is the wide array of games (emulators, steam and browser games) it's just craazy!

I find a controller extremely difficult to hold, uncomfortable to use and inaccurate compared to a good old keyboard and mouse.

Congratulations on your ascension :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Only ever had a PS2, my 2-way sli 980ti's ruin that anyday.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Can we even compare a console to a PC?

No. That's why ITT it's pretty much silly..

Me too, Linus was pretty much the guy who got me into PC.

Same, thanks Linus for getting me into PC, and screw you Linus for convincing me to pay a ton of money on a gaming rig :P

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

-More powerful

-Backwards compatible with most software and hardware

-Can do more than 1 thing

-Can Fold@Home

I can't see why people bash on controllers- there is nothing better than sit back and play games like GTA, AC or similar with a controller. M/KB doesn't feel well.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Consoles don't offer a better experience over my desktop anymore (they did when the Original Xbox came out).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

IDK.

Can tell you one thing I hate though.

The PCMR community.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The precision of a mouse, and I enjoy typing.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

More FPS and higher detail. Also being able to use any sort of controller I want for any game I want is nice, assuming the game supports it. And even if it doesn't, PC always has a workaround or mod to make it work. Also free online and cheap games.

IDK.

The PCMR community.

MASTER RACE! haha, I'd have to say that linus did a pretty good sum up of them on his PC vs console video on techquickie

Because I'm a cheap guy. PC's can do a lot more than consoles. A whole flock of birds with one stone.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.

I play BF4 on PC, and when i tried playing it on Xbox one, the controls felt lazy and graphics were a big downgrade on the console

Looking for a job

More FPS and higher detail. Also being able to use any sort of controller I want for any game I want is nice, assuming the game supports it. And even if it doesn't, PC always has a workaround or mod to make it work. Also free online and cheap games.

and you could work on it ;)  never saw someone work with his console

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

For the most part, its how customizable they can be and the fact that I can say I chose the parts and I built it.

Also that I can choose whether to use a controller or keyboard/mouse whenever I want.

The massive amount of game and ability to play games that weren't even made for it make it a ton better too.

You make a PC your OWN with all the RGB lighting and all that. You can't do that with a console. You're stuck with low fps as well on consoles.

And IMHO, a self built gaming rig is like your little "baby" of sorts. YOU chose the parts. YOU put the thing together. YOU installed whatever OS you wanted to. YOU fixed any potential issues at first boot or set up. YOU saved up for it in the first place and there's that sense of pride and achievement that "Oh look! I'm not a waste of space, I have skills for something".  A lot also has to also do with how once you have a decently sized case and a PSU that allows good headroom, you can pretty much upgrade when you feel like it so you may start off with a ghetto build but you can work your way up. That's a SATISFYING experience as well.

I'm a guy that loves things that go beep over actual human beings so this kinda stuff has sentimental value to me, hell, the first time I took apart the old Dell PC in my garage, I took PICTURES every step of the way. Once the PC had died for sure, I took out the CPU, RAM and HDD and I still have those parts somewhere in my room. 

Wow...that post ended up being longer than expected and had a broken grammatical structure. LOL. Sorry about that guys. 

IDK.

The PCMR community.

This so much, god I hate that immature shit.  It's the main reason why I stopped following or watching Tek Syndicate and went over to LTT, and I've been very happy ever since.  On topic:  I prefer PC for the fact that I'm in control of the experience.  This doesn't necessarily mean frames per second, higher resolutions, better textures and middle wares and all that, (though those are quite nice), what I'm referring to is being able to customize the experience to my preference.  Take motion blur for example; I hate the shit, and yet on consoles I'm forced to endure it even though it almost always introduces a small amount of input lag and blurs an otherwise crisp, pleasing picture.  I adored Bloodborne on PS4, and yes I still have consoles for exclusive titles, but on PC if I don't like chromatic aberration, motion blur, fxaa, "halo" introducing ambient occlusion algorithms that aren't well optimized or implemented, or a nauseatingly low field of view I can change those settings at my leisure.  I mean that's a powerful thing that's taken for granted often by modern console users:  a gamer will enjoy the experience more if he can customize it to his liking; I mean it seems so simple that it should be common sense right?  And yet somehow it's not..... it boggles the mind.   

Oh signature time!  It's on now, gonna give ya somethin snarky and clever and think way too hard about this because I'm really concerned about what people on the internet think of me.  Better google some good quotes to put in here too.....oh wait I'm not a loser.

A pc is cheaper in the long run, as games get stupid cheap with steam sales. I got ac4 black flag for a few bucks not long ago. Also I can just hook up a controller for racing games and such, so for me there is no point of getting consoles

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

IDK.

The PCMR community.

Seriously?

Your computer has an i7 4770k and a 780 and you are saying you are not part of the PCMasterRace?