Could moving PCIE slots improve temps this much?

Virtual01

So I recently switched which PCIE slot my GPU was in (from the bottom one to the one right in the middle), and my idle temps seem to have gone down quite a bit from 33 to 27. Ambient temps may have a little to do with it but at most they have changed 2-3 degrees, so 3-4 degrees is still accounted for. Even in the summer with the A/C on I never saw anything less than 30. Could my swapping PCIE slots have actually improved my idle temps by this much? I really can't think of any other reason this would be happening. Nothing else besides that has changed.

was something restricting your airflow on the bottom slot? PSU or bottom of case maybe?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't know how air flow works when two things are pulling air when they're across from each other (i.e. a GPU and a PSU with the intake on the top competing for air), is your PSU intake possibly facing up? Maybe that could be a factor?

Idk, lol.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

was something restricting your airflow on the bottom slot? PSU or bottom of case maybe?

Yeah a little but I didn't really think anything of it. I guess I underestimated the amount of space that my card needed. PSU is facing down btw

gpus suck air up from below them so if they are in the bottom theres less room for airflow especially if they are right up against your psu

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives