Any Experienced Counter-Strike Players? (1000+ hours) I need advice

Meestagibbon

Hi, my name is Dylan and I have been playing CS:GO (First Counter-Strike) for about a year and 3 months now, approx. 2000 hours. I have achieved Global Elite, and I am about 12 RWS if you know what that is. After all this time, I have realized that all of my achievements have been due to my ability to learn the game, because I am not much of an "aimer". This is where I need help, I have tested out a ton of sensitivities and resolutions, mice and mousepads. I have found myself most comfortable with a mid range sensitivity (Around 2.5 @ 400 dpi) and a Zowie FK1 and a Steelseries QCK heavy, but I feel with this sensitivity that I have control of, I can not make small adjustments, I do not make small flicks accurately, I am a very "odd" player, in the sense that I could go home today and turn my sensitivity up to 3.8 (my old sensitivity) and still get around 25-40 kills in matchmaking, but I can also do this with nearly any sensitivity if I practice for 10-30 minutes. Most of you are going to say "Don't change it, learn muscle memory" but after my first three months I went down to 2.1 @ 400 dpi from 3.8 @ 400 dpi. I played with 2.1 for almost 10 months, but I felt like I couldn't move comfortably and I would die because of it, I also felt like I had no muscle memory, it didn't feel natural, it still doesn't. 3.8 is the perfect speed, I feel comfortable flicking and moving around, but when it comes to control, it is very hard for me to slow down and do what I want with it. What I'm asking is, what the hell do I do?! I feel like no matter my settings, I hit a skill barrier, my aim just doesn't improve past a certain point, and I know I can perform at a much higher level. Anyone have this issue previously and can help me? Thank you if you can!

Sorry but if someone has over 1,000 hours into a game, he/she has an addiction. The most I have into a game is lile 170 hours.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Sorry but if someone has over 1,000 hours into a game, he/she has an addiction. The most I have into a game is lile 170 hours.

I don't get people that can play that often.. I've played since March and I still only have 377 hours.

I used to be quite active here.

OP didn't create a new post to get hate. It's the same thing as playing 10 games for 100 hours.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

Find a comfortable middle.

That's what I did in Team Fortress 2 when 3 felt way too slow but 4.5 was way too fast.

I'll try my best, it's kind of in a sense that I'm more of a fingertip/wrist player, but I cant control high sensitivities the way I'd like.

48 days on black ops 2 for xbox and I still play that game to this day

i mentioned call of duty on a csgo thread dont crucify me please

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I don't get people that can play that often.. I've played since March and I still only have 377 hours.

I played Farming Simulator for 7 months and got 170 hours into it lol. About 30 of itmis AFK

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I'll try my best, it's kind of in a sense that I'm more of a fingertip/wrist player, but I cant control high sensitivities the way I'd like.

I use 1.76 in game and 400 it seems like a good middle, coming from playing at high dpi's

Well in the beginning, it was the drive to be the best, get to the highest rank, and I was having fun, more lately I only put in like 1 hour a day just to keep my skill level at a consistent point, and I play with friends for fun, it's my style of game, what I enjoy. Same thing as someone who plays WoW everyday for years, doing the same things. Only replying to you because the other comment about it was plain ignorance, yours was more of curiosity.

Well in the beginning, it was the drive to be the best, get to the highest rank, and I was having fun, more lately I only put in like 1 hour a day just to keep my skill level at a consistent point, and I play with friends for fun, it's my style of game, what I enjoy. Same thing as someone who plays WoW everyday for years, doing the same things. Only replying to you because the other comment about it was plain ignorance, yours was more of curiosity.

Yeah. I play MM like every other day, so I get a lot of hours in. Just not every day. I don't play any games every day actually.

I played Farming Simulator for 7 months and got 170 hours into it lol. About 30 of itmis AFK

So being a professional football player and practicing all the time, and playing all the time is an addiction, not a passion?

Yeah. I play MM like every other day, so I get a lot of hours in. Just not every day. I don't play any games every day actually.

I'm in a situation where I'm stuck at home nearly every single day, I play now just to pass the free time.

Dude I have several games I have played past 500 hours and I wouldn't say I have an addiction since it doesn't affect my real life or any of my "social skills". I just have quite amunt of free time that I like to spend on games. I also workout quite abit so neither you can say I only play games in my free time. 

But now to the topic. To get your aim good you really need something you are comfortable with and to find that I think you should try several sensitivitys. Then you have found something that feels good try to improve that sensitivity with aim maps or joining custom pistol only servers (since these are really raw aim practice and no spray control so you only focus on aim) Then spend a lot of time there untill it feels good. Or well it should feel good first and then after the pistol practice it should feel perfect. 

This is what I have done and found my sens I'm comfortable with but if you have reached Global you must be quite a good aimer, maybe not perfect but still very good. 

I myself are LEM so just a few ranks below but my game sens is whats troubling me I think. (Got about 500 hours, it is also my first CS)

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I'm in a situation where I'm stuck at home nearly every single day, I play now just to pass the free time.

Well, to answer your initial question, I think the only way to get better is to practice. That's it. Find a sensitivity that's good for you, and win! I did that and I went from S4 to MGE, where I am today. I keep getting better.

So being a professional football player and practicing all the time, and playing all the time is an addiction, not a passion?

Are you playing video games for a living? Doubtful.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

They say it takes 10,000 hours to master something. I actually have a friend that played on the national competitive LAN level for the original CS or CS:Source, before the days of esports (I can't remember which, but I'm almost certain the original). He had over 10,000 hours into the game.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Are you playing video games for a living? Doubtful.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

So you're saying everyone who plays a professional sport, got there from just practicing every once in a while.

Weird that you only want advice from people with 1000+ hours.. But here comes some advice from someone with only 300 hours.

If you have reached your cap and you can't find any way to improve, that means you can't go past it. It's a good thing that you always want more, it's admirable. But be happy with what you have achieved so far instead of being sad, wondering why you can't keep improving.

I hope you'll read the comment of an MG2 pleb.

Thanks

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

I don't really know I myself just have lots of free time when I dont workout or are with friends and then I enjoy to play games. Its kind of a hobby and well its easy for me to just chill an evening and play games with friends for maybe 2-5 hours. You like just talk with eachother listn to music and plays.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Dude I have several games I have played past 500 hours and I wouldn't say I have an addiction since it doesn't affect my real life or any of my "social skills". I just have quite amunt of free time that I like to spend on games. I also workout quite abit so neither you can say I only play games in my free time. 

But now to the topic. To get your aim good you really need something you are comfortable with and to find that I think you should try several sensitivitys. Then you have found something that feels good try to improve that sensitivity with aim maps or joining custom pistol only servers (since these are really raw aim practice and no spray control so you only focus on aim) Then spend a lot of time there untill it feels good. Or well it should feel good first and then after the pistol practice it should feel perfect. 

This is what I have done and found my sens I'm comfortable with but if you have reached Global you must be quite a good aimer, maybe not perfect but still very good. 

I myself are LEM so just a few ranks below but my game sens is whats troubling me I think. (Got about 500 hours, it is also my first CS)

It just kind of hit me when a long time friend with 450 hours at LE started playing with me, and fragging well, but watching him it was in all of the wrong ways, and I just felt like I needed to figure out my settings and aim, once and for all, I've tried all forms of practice, doing them for hours, but still felt like I wasn't improving. Thank you though.

I was GN2 about a month ago. I started playing constantly when I had free time, I would play about three match making games a day and aim/ffa for about an hour. I am now LEM. The only tip I have is just keep playing and discovering the game. When you feel comfortable just take a break and when you do play which should be rarely. Play very seriously on a ESEA/CEVO server.

Weird that you only want advice from people with 1000+ hours.. But here comes some advice from someone with only 300 hours.

If you have reached your cap and you can't find any way to improve, that means you can't go past it. It's a good thing that you always want more, it's admirable. But be happy with what you have achieved so far instead of being sad, wondering why you can't keep improving.

I hope you'll read the comment of an MG2 pleb.

Thanks

I just said 1000 hours because I wanted people serious about the game, 500+ is more than enough to have good aim, my issue is this. I haven't reached my cap, I know it, but I feel like I have, my aim was better as an MGE than it is now, I got to where I am now, from movement, and game sense, with my old aim, I could be so much better, I have missed so many easy shots because of my aim, while I'm positioned perfectly. It's frustrating.

Could be worse. Could be addicted to shooting horse tranquilizer and heroin... 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

No, it just means thats their most favorite game. Playing with friends especially. CS:GO, Dota, LoL, HS are the most played games. 

People who go to school and have no other hobbies spend their time playing games and not everyone plays 10 different games.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE