Why do people actually hate OSX so much?

Norton sucks. Also, for most stuff, drivers are automatic. For stuff like GPUs and peripherals, it's different, but it's just as easy as downloading the software off of the manufacturer's website (Keyboards and mice automatically work, but updated drivers might make them function better.)

So what Antivirus would you recommend? 

Right there makes me question the amount of effort they put into their operating system if they can't make it extremely flexible like Windows. And that's why ultimately I like Windows more because it's flexible.

Always has got me scratching my head, thinking "why don't they put more effort into it? They have the resources, they have the capital, hell, they have everything necessary to pull that off."

Erm they can....But OSX is a selling point for Macs and guess what? They're a HARDWARE company that happens to sell software and services. Btw, nvidia offers their drivers for OSX on their website and the Mac Pro owners at least, can swap out their RAM, CPU, GPU and storage easily. But still, please clarify how they don't put effort into development. 

I ran OSX for a long time, even had a hackintosh for a couple years before I really wanted to get into gaming. But OSX is a very intuitive and powerful operating system depending on what you're trying to do. However, people (I am often on this boat) hate apple computers because of the hardware, knowing they could get much better performance for the same or less money and not have it cook itself because it's too busy looking pretty in a paper thin aluminum housing with maybe one heatpipe for an amd gpu or whatever. Or a damn triangle heat sink with a fan that barely turns to cool a 12 core xeon and two firepro gpus.

ASU

Erm they can....But OSX is a selling point for Macs and guess what? They're a HARDWARE company that happens to sell software and services. Btw, nvidia offers their drivers for OSX on their website and the Mac Pro owners at least, can swap out their RAM, CPU, GPU and storage easily. But still, please clarify how they don't put effort into development. 

Well take a look at Microsoft. They have put in monumental amounts of effort in perfecting Windows for a long time, and even then they're not a perfect company in that pursuit. Apple on the other hand is yes, primarily a hardware company that happens to sell software and services as well, but their OS's are locked onto those particular machines, whereas Windows you can pretty much install it on just about any system. For them in their mind (I'm speculating here) it's too much work to do what Microsoft is doing in the realm of software.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Well take a look at Microsoft. They have put in monumental amounts of effort in perfecting Windows for a long time, and even then they're not a perfect company in that pursuit. Apple on the other hand is yes, primarily a hardware company that happens to sell software and services as well, but their OS's are locked onto those particular machines, whereas Windows you can pretty much install it on just about any system. For them in their mind (I'm speculating here) it's too much work to do what Microsoft is doing in the realm of software.

I disagree, I think it comes down to OSX being a selling point. I bet they could easily release it for the general public if they wanted to as the iPhone 4S runs the latest iOS version which certainly shows they'll gladly put in the work to support it everywhere if required. 

I'd personally love to see OSX for everyone but its never gonna happen. 

I think it comes down to OSX being a selling point. I bet they could easily release it for the general public if they wanted to as the iPhone 4S runs the latest iOS version which certainly shows they'll gladly put in the work to support it everywhere if required. 

I'd personally love to see OSX for everyone but its never gonna happen. 

For me the selling point in anything has to do with more than just software alone, but I'm not going to list them out as every item has to have its own statement.

I agree now with the second sentence. They can just package the OS on a USB thumb drive or a disc if they really wanted to and support all the various hardware, but they won't as a business decision. I don't know what Steve Jobs will actually do with the OS if he were alive, but it would be no doubt, just keep on their own products.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

I personally love it. It has so many features built in rather then hoping 3rd party programs will work. Plus it has the full star wars movie in ascii in terminal

ƆԀ S₱▓Ɇ▓cs: i7 6ʇɥפᴉƎ00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GT҉X҉1҉0҉8҉0 Zotac Amp ExTrꍟꎭe),Si6F4Gb D???????r PlatinUm, EVGA G2 Sǝʌǝᘉ5ᙣᙍᖇᓎᙎᗅᖶt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGeeTeeX, Windows 10, K70 R̸̢̡̭͍͕̱̭̟̩̀̀̃́̃͒̈́̈́͑̑́̆͘͜ͅG̶̦̬͊́B̸͈̝̖͗̈́, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. פN∩SW∀S 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 9̵̨̢̨̧̧̡̧̡̧̡̧̡̡̢̢̡̢̧̡̢̡̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̱̖͈̠̝̯̹͉̝̞̩̠̹̺̰̺̲̳͈̞̻̜̫̹̱̗̣͙̻̘͎̲̝͙͍͔̯̲̟̞͚̖̘͉̭̰̣͎͕̼̼̜̼͕͎̣͇͓͓͎̼̺̯͈̤̝͖̩̭͍̣̱̞̬̺̯̼̤̲͎̖̠̟͍̘̭͔̟̗̙̗̗̤̦͍̫̬͔̦̳̗̳͔̞̼̝͍̝͈̻͇̭̠͈̳͍̫̮̥̭͍͔͈̠̹̼̬̰͈̤͚̖̯͍͉͖̥̹̺͕̲̥̤̺̹̹̪̺̺̭͕͓̟̳̹͍̖͎̣̫͓͍͈͕̳̹̙̰͉͙̝̜̠̥̝̲̮̬͕̰̹̳͕̰̲̣̯̫̮͙̹̮͙̮̝̣͇̺̺͇̺̺͈̳̜̣̙̻̣̜̻̦͚̹̩͓͚̖͍̥̟͍͎̦͙̫̜͔̭̥͈̬̝̺̩͙͙͉̻̰̬̗̣͖̦͎̥̜̬̹͓͈͙̤̜̗͔̩̖̳̫̑̀̂̽̈́̈́̿͒̿̋̊͌̾̄̄̒̌͐̽̿̊͑̑̆͗̈̎̄͒̑̋͛̑͑̂͑̀͐̀͑̓͊̇͆̿͑͛͛͆́͆̓̿̇̀̓͑͆͂̓̾̏͊̀̇̍̃́̒̎̀̒̄̓̒̐̑̊̏̌̽̓͂͋̓̐̓͊̌͋̀̐̇̌̓̔͊̈̇́̏͒̋͊̓̆̋̈̀̌̔͆͑̈̐̈̍̀̉̋̈́͊̽͂̿͌͊̆̾̉͐̿̓̄̾͑̈́͗͗̂̂́̇͂̀̈́́̽̈́̓̓͂̽̓̀̄͌̐̔̄̄͒͌̈́̅̉͊̂͒̀̈́̌͂̽̀̑̏̽̀͑̐̐͋̀̀͋̓̅͋͗̍́͗̈́̆̏̇͊̌̏̔̑̐̈́͑̎͑͆̏̎́̑̍̏̒̌̊͘͘̚̕̚̕̕̚̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ8̵̨̛̛̛̛̮͍͕̥͉̦̥̱̞̜̫̘̤̖̬͍͇͓̜̻̪̤̣̣̹̑͑̏̈́̐̐́̎͒̔͒̌̑̓̆̓͑̉̈́́͋̌͋͐͛͋̃̍̽̊͗͋͊̂̅͊͑́͋͛̉̏̓͌̾̈́̀͛͊̾͑̌̀̀̌̓̏̑́̄̉̌͂́͛̋͊̄͐͊̈́̀̌̆̎̿̓̔̍̎̀̍̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̚͝͝͠͠͠0̶̡̡̡̢̨̨͕̠̠͉̺̻̯̱̘͇̥͎͖̯͕̖̬̭͔̪̪͎̺̠̤̬̬̤̣̭̣͍̥̱̘̳̣̤͚̭̥͚̦͙̱̦͕̼͖͙͕͇̭͓͉͎̹̣̣͕̜͍͖̳̭͕̼̳̖̩͍͔̱̙̠̝̺̰̦̱̿̄̀͐͜͜ͅͅt̶̡̨̡̨̧̢̧̢̨̧̧̧̧̢̡̨̨̢̨̢̧̢̛̛̛̛̛̠͍̞̮͇̪͉̩̗̗͖̫͉͎͓̮̣̘̫͔̘̬̮̙̯̣͕͓̲̣͓͓̣̹̟͈̱͚̘̼̙̖̖̼̙̜̝͙̣̠̪̲̞̖̠̯̖̠̜̱͉̲̺͙̤̻̦̜͎̙̳̺̭̪̱͓̦̹̺͙̫̖̖̰̣͈͍̜̺̘͕̬̥͇̗̖̺̣̲̫̟̣̜̭̟̱̳̳̖͖͇̹̯̜̹͙̻̥̙͉͕̜͎͕̦͕̱͖͉̜̹̱̦͔͎̲̦͔̖̘̫̻̹̮̗̮̜̰͇̰͔̱͙̞̠͍͉͕̳͍̰̠̗̠̯̜̩͓̭̺̦̲̲͖̯̩̲̣̠͉̦̬͓̠̜̲͍̘͇̳̳͔̼̣͚̙͙͚͕̙̘̣̠͍̟̪̝̲͇͚̦̖͕̰̟̪͖̳̲͉͙̰̭̼̩̟̝̣̝̬̳͎̙̱͒̃̈͊̔͒͗̐̄̌͐͆̍͂̃̈́̾͗̅̐͒̓̆͛̂̾͋̍͂̂̄̇̿̈͌̅̈́̃̾̔̇̇̾̀͊͋̋̌̄͌͆͆̎̓̈́̾̊͊̇̌̔̈́̈́̀̐͊̊̍͑̊̈̓͑̀́̅̀̑̈́̽̃̽͛̇́̐̓̀͆̔̈̀̍̏̆̓̆͒̋́̋̍́̂̉͛̓̓̂̋̎́̒̏̈͋̃̽͆̓̀̔͑̈́̓͌͑̅̽́̐̍̉̑̓̈́͌̋̈́͂̊́͆͂̇̈́̔̃͌̅̈́͌͛̑̐̓̔̈́̀͊͛̐̾͐̔̾̈̃̈̄͑̓̋̇̉̉̚̕̚͘̕̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅi̵̢̧̢̧̡̧̢̢̧̢̢̢̡̡̡̧̧̡̡̧̛̛͈̺̲̫͕̞͓̥̖̭̜̫͉̻̗̭̖͔̮̠͇̩̹̱͈̗̭͈̤̠̮͙͇̲͙̰̳̹̲͙̜̟͚͎͓̦̫͚̻̟̰̣̲̺̦̫͓̖̯̝̬͉̯͓͈̫̭̜̱̞̹̪͔̤̜͙͓̗̗̻̟͎͇̺̘̯̲̝̫͚̰̹̫̗̳̣͙̮̱̲͕̺̠͉̫̖̟͖̦͉̟͈̭̣̹̱̖̗̺̘̦̠̯̲͔̘̱̣͙̩̻̰̠͓͙̰̺̠̖̟̗̖͉̞̣̥̝̤̫̫̜͕̻͉̺͚̣̝̥͇̭͎̖̦̙̲͈̲̠̹̼͎͕̩͓̖̥̘̱̜͙̹̝͔̭̣̮̗̞̩̣̬̯̜̻̯̩̮̩̹̻̯̬̖͂̈͂̒̇͗͑̐̌̎̑̽̑̈̈́͑̽́̊͋̿͊͋̅̐̈́͑̇̿̈́̌͌̊̅͂̎͆̏̓͂̈̿̏̃͑̏̓͆̔̋̎̕͘͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅZ̴̧̢̨̢̧̢̢̡̧̢̢̢̨̨̨̡̨̧̢̧̛̛̬̖͈̮̝̭̖͖̗̹̣̼̼̘̘̫̠̭̞͙͔͙̜̠̗̪̠̼̫̻͓̳̟̲̳̻̙̼͇̺͎̘̹̼͔̺̹̬̯̤̮̟͈̭̻͚̣̲͔͙̥͕̣̻̰͈̼̱̺̤̤͉̙̦̩̗͎̞͓̭̞̗͉̳̭̭̺̹̹̮͕̘̪̞̱̥͈̹̳͇̟̹̱̙͚̯̮̳̤͍̪̞̦̳̦͍̲̥̳͇̪̬̰̠͙͕̖̝̫̩̯̱̘͓͎̪͈̤̜͎̱̹̹̱̲̻͎̖̳͚̭̪̦̗̬͍̯̘̣̩̬͖̝̹̣̗̭͖̜͕̼̼̲̭͕͔̩͓̞̝͓͍̗̙̯͔̯̞̝̳̜̜͉̖̩͇̩̘̪̥̱͓̭͎͖̱̙̩̜͎̙͉̟͎͔̝̥͕͍͓̹̮̦̫͚̠̯͓̱͖͔͓̤͉̠͙̋͐̀͌̈́͆̾͆̑̔͂͒̀̊̀͋͑̂͊̅͐̿́̈́̐̀̏̋̃̄͆͒̈́̿̎́́̈̀̀͌̔͋͊̊̉̿͗͊͑̔͐̇͆͛̂̐͊̉̄̈́̄̐͂͂͒͑͗̓͑̓̾̑͋̒͐͑̾͂̎̋̃̽̂̅̇̿̍̈́́̄̍͂͑̏̐̾̎̆̉̾͂̽̈̆̔́͋͗̓̑̕͘̕͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝ͅo̶̪͆́̀͂̂́̄̅͂̿͛̈́̿͊͗́͘͝t̴̡̨̧̨̧̡̧̨̡̢̧̢̡̨̛̪͈̣̭̺̱̪̹̺̣̬̖̣̻͈̞̙͇̩̻̫͈̝̭̟͎̻̟̻̝̱͔̝̼͍̞̼̣̘̤̯͓͉̖̠̤͔̜̙͚͓̻͓̬͓̻̜̯̱̖̳̱̗̠̝̥̩͓̗̪̙͓̖̠͎̗͎̱̮̯̮͙̩̫̹̹̖͙̙͖̻͈̙̻͇͔̙̣̱͔̜̣̭̱͈͕̠̹͙̹͇̻̼͎͍̥̘͙̘̤̜͎̟͖̹̦̺̤͍̣̼̻̱̲͎̗̹͉͙̪̞̻̹͚̰̻͈͈͊̈́̽̀̎̃̊́̈́̏̃̍̉̇̑̂̇̏̀͊̑̓͛̽͋̈́͆́̊͊̍͌̈́̓͊̌̿̂̾̐͑̓̀́͒̃̋̓͆̇̀͊̆͗̂͑͐̀͗̅̆͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅḁ̶̢̡̨̧̡̡̨̨̧̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̡̛̛̛͍̱̳͚͕̩͍̺̪̻̫̙͈̬͙̖͙̬͍̬̟̣̝̲̼̜̼̺͎̥̮̝͙̪̘̙̻͖͇͚͙̣̬̖̲̲̥̯̦̗̰̙̗̪̞̗̩̻̪̤̣̜̳̩̦̻͓̞̙͍͙̫̩̹̥͚̻̦̗̰̲̙̫̬̱̺̞̟̻͓̞͚̦̘̝̤͎̤̜̜̥̗̱͈̣̻̰̮̼̙͚͚̠͚̲̤͔̰̭̙̳͍̭͎̙͚͍̟̺͎̝͓̹̰̟͈͈̖̺͙̩̯͔̙̭̟̞̟̼̮̦̜̳͕̞̼͈̜͍̮͕̜͚̝̦̞̥̜̥̗̠̦͇͖̳͈̜̮̣͚̲̟͙̎̈́́͊̔̑̽̅͐͐͆̀͐́̓̅̈͑͑̍̿̏́͆͌̋̌̃̒̽̀̋̀̃̏̌́͂̿̃̎̐͊̒̀̊̅͒̎͆̿̈́̑̐̒̀̈́̓̾͋͆̇̋͒̎̈̄̓̂͊̆͂̈́̒̎͐̇̍̆̋̅̿̔͒̄̇̂̋̈́͆̎̔̇͊̊̈́̔̏͋́̀͂̈́̊͋͂̍̾̓͛̇̔̚͘̚̕̚͘͘̕̕̕̚͘͘̚̕̚̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅç̵̧̢̨̢̢̢̧̧̡̨̡̢̧̧̧̨̡̡̨̨̢̢̢̧̨̢̨̢̛̛͉̗̠͇̹̖̝͕͚͎̟̻͓̳̰̻̺̞̣͚̤͙͍͇̗̼͖͔͕͙͖̺͙̖̹̘̘̺͓̜͍̣̰̗̖̺̗̪̘̯̘͚̲͚̲̬̞̹̹͕̭͔̳̘̝̬͉̗̪͉͕̞̫͔̭̭̜͉͔̬̫͙̖̙͚͔͙͚͍̲̘͚̪̗̞̣̞̲͎͔͖̺͍͎̝͎͍̣͍̩̟͈͕̗͉̪̯͉͎͖͍̖͎̖̯̲̘̦̟̭͍͚͓͈͙̬͖̘̱̝̜̘̹̩̝̥̜͎̬͓̬͙͍͇͚̟̫͇̬̲̥̘̞̘̟̘̝̫͈̙̻͇͎̣̪̪̠̲͓͉͙͚̭̪͇̯̠̯̠͖̞̜͓̲͎͇̼̱̦͍͉͈͕͉̗̟̖̗̱̭͚͎̘͓̬͍̱͍̖̯̜̗̹̰̲̩̪͍̞̜̫̩̠͔̻̫͍͇͕̰̰̘͚͈̠̻̮͊̐̿̏̐̀̇̑̐̈͛͑͑̍̑̔̃̈́̓̈́̇̐͑̐̊̆͂̀̏͛̊̔̍̽͗͋̊̍̓̈́̏̅͌̀̽́̑͒͒̓͗̈́̎͌͂̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅS̵̡̡̧̧̨̨̡̢̡̡̡̡̧̧̡̧̢̫̯͔̼̲͉͙̱̮̭̗͖̯̤͙̜͚̰̮̝͚̥̜̞̠̤̺̝͇̻̱͙̩̲̺͍̳̤̺̖̝̳̪̻̗̮̪̖̺̹̭͍͇̗̝̱̻̳̝̖̝͎̙͉̞̱̯̙̜͇̯̻̞̱̭̗͉̰̮̞͍̫̺͙͎̙̞̯̟͓͉̹̲͖͎̼̫̩̱͇̲͓̪͉̺̞̻͎̤̥̭̺̘̻̥͇̤̖̰̘̭̳̫̙̤̻͇̪̦̭̱͎̥̟͖͕̣̤̩̟̲̭̹̦̹̣͖̖͒̈́̈́̓͗̈̄͂̈́̅̐̐̿̎̂͗̎̿̕͘͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅt̸̡̡̧̧̨̡̢̛̥̥̭͍̗͈̩͕͔͔̞̟͍̭͇̙̺̤͚͎͈͎͕̱͈̦͍͔͓̬͚̗̰̦͓̭̰̭̎̀̂̈́̓̒̈́̈́̂̄̋́̇̂͐͒̋̋̉͐̉̏̇͋̓̈́͐̾͋̒͒͐̊̊̀̄͆̄͆̑͆̇̊̓̚̚̕̚̕͜͠͝͝ͅͅơ̵̡̨̡̡̡̨̛̺͕̼͔̼̪̳͖͓̠̘̘̳̼͚͙͙͚̰͚͚͖̥̦̥̘̖̜̰͔̠͕̦͎̞̮͚͕͍̤̠̦͍̥̝̰̖̳̫̮̪͇̤̱̜͙͔̯͙̙̼͇̹̥̜͈̲̺̝̻̮̬̼̫̞̗̣̪̱͓̺̜̠͇͚͓̳̹̥̳̠͍̫͈̟͈̘̯̬̞͔̝͍͍̥̒̐͗͒͂͆̑̀̿̏́̀͑͗̐́̀̾̓́̌̇̒̈́̌̓͐̃̈́̒̂̀̾͂̊̀̂͐̃̄̓̔̽̒̈́̇̓͌̇̂̆̒̏̊̋͊͛͌̊̇̒̅͌̄̎̔̈́͊́̽̋̈̇̈́́͊̅͂̎̃͌͊͛͂̄̽̈́̿͐̉̽̿́́̉͆̈́̒́̂̾̄̇̌̒̈̅̍̿̐͑̓͊̈́̈̋̈́̉̍̋̊̈̀̈́̾̿̌̀̈́͌̑̍́̋̒̀̂̈́́̾̏̐̅̈̑͗͐̈͂̄̾̄̈́̍̉͑͛͗͋̈́̃̄̊́́͐̀̀̽̇̓̄̓̃͋͋̂̽̔̀̎͌̈́̈́̑̓̔̀̓͐͛͆̿̋͑͛̈́͂̅̋̅͆͗̇́̀̒́̏͒̐̍͂̓͐͐̇̂̉̑̊͑̉̋̍͊̄̀͂̎͒̔͊̃̏̕̚̕̕͘͘͘̚͘̚͘̕͘̚͘̚̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅc̴̨̡̢̢̢̡̡̢̛̛̛̻͇̝̣͉͚͎͕̻̦͖̤̖͇̪̩̤̻̭̮̙̰̖̰̳̪̱̹̳̬͖̣͙̼̙̰̻̘͇͚̺̗̩̫̞̳̼̤͔͍͉̟͕̯̺͈̤̰̹̍̋́͆̾̆̊͆͋̀͑͒̄̿̄̀̂͋̊͆́͑̑̽͊̓́̔̽̌͊̄͑͒͐̑͗̿̃̀̓̅́̿͗̈́͌̋̀̏̂͌̓́̇̀͒͋̌̌̅͋͌̆͐̀̔̒͐̊̇̿̽̀̈́̃̒̋̀̈́̃̏̂̊͗̑̊̈̇̀̌͐̈́̉̂̏͊̄͐̈̽͒̏̒̓́̌̓̅́̓̃͐͊͒̄͑̒͌̍̈́̕͘̚͘̕͘̚̕͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅǩ̴̢̢̢̧̨̢̢̢̨̨̨̢̢̢̨̧̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̜̥̩̙͕̮̪̻͈̘̯̼̰̜͚̰͖̬̳͖̣̭̼͔̲͉̭̺͚̺̟͉̝̱̲͎͉̙̥̤͚͙̬̪̜̺͙͍̱̞̭̬̩̖̤̹̤̺̦͈̰̗̰͍͇̱̤̬̬͙̙̲̙̜͖͓̙̟̙̯̪͍̺̥͔͕̝̳̹̻͇̠̣͈̰̦͓͕̩͇͈͇̖͙͍̰̲̤̞͎̟̝̝͈͖͔͖̦̮̗̬̞̞̜̬̠̹̣̣̲̮̞̤̜̤̲̙͔͕̯͔͍̤͕̣͔͙̪̫̝̣̰̬̬̭̞͔̦̟̥̣̻͉͈̮̥̦̮̦͕̤͇̺͆͆̈͗̄̀̌̔̈́̈̉̾̊̐̆̂͛̀̋́̏̀̿͒̓̈́̈́͂̽̾͗͊̋̐̓̓̀̃̊̊͑̓̈̎̇͑̆̂̉̾̾̑͊̉̃́̑͌̀̌̐̅̃̿̆̎̈́̀̒́͛̓̀̊́̋͛͒͊̆̀̃̊͋̋̾̇̒̋͂̏͗͆̂̔́̐̀́͗̅̈̋̂̎̒͊̌̉̈̈́͌̈́̔̾̊̎́͐͒̋̽̽́̾̿̚̕͘͘̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅB̸̢̧̨̡̢̧̨̡̡̨̡̨̡̡̡̢̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛͉̞͚̰̭̲͈͎͕͈̦͍͈̮̪̤̻̻͉̫̱͔̞̫̦̰͈̗̯̜̩̪̲̻̖̳͖̦͎͔̮̺̬̬̼̦̠̪̤͙͍͓̜̥̙̖̫̻̜͍̻̙̖̜̹͔̗̪̜̖̼̞̣̠̫͉̯̮̤͈͎̝̪͎͇͙̦̥͙̳̫̰̪̣̱̘̤̭̱͍̦͔̖͎̺̝̰̦̱̣͙̙̤͚̲͔̘̱̜̻͔̥̻͖̭͔̜͉̺͕͙͖̜͉͕̤͚̠̩̮̟͚̗͈͙̟̞̮̬̺̻̞͔̥͉͍̦̤͓̦̻̦̯̟̰̭̝̘̩̖̝͔̳͉̗̖̱̩̩̟͙͙͛̀͐̈́̂̇͛̅̒̉̏̈́̿͐́̏̃̏̓̌̽͐̈́͛̍͗͆͛̋̔̉͂̔̂̓̌͌͋̂͆̉͑̊̎́̈́̈̂͆͑́̃̍̇̿̅̾́́̿̅̾̆̅̈́̈̓͒͌͛̃͆̋͂̏̓̅̀͂̽̂̈̈́̎̾̐͋͑̅̍̈́̑̅̄͆̓̾̈́͐̎̊͐̌̌̓͊̊̔̈́̃͗̓͊͐̌͆̓͗̓̓̾̂̽͊͗́́́̽͊͆͋͊̀̑̿̔͒̏̈́́̏͆̈́͋̒͗͂̄̇̒͐̃͑̅̍͒̎̈́̌̋́̓͂̀̇͛̋͊͆̈́̋́̍̃͒̆̕̚̚̕̕̕͘̕̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅI̵̡̢̧̨̡̢̨̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̢̢̡̢̛̛͕͎͕̩̠̹̩̺̣̳̱͈̻̮̺̟̘̩̻̫͖̟͓̩̜̙͓͇̙̱̭̰̻̫̥̗̠͍͍͚̞̘̫͉̬̫̖̖̦͖͉̖̩̩̖̤̺̥̻̝͈͎̻͓̟̹͍̲͚͙̹̟̟̯͚̳̟͕̮̻̟͈͇̩̝̼̭̯͚͕̬͇̲̲̯̰̖̙̣̝͇̠̞̙͖͎̮̬̳̥̣̺̰͔̳̳̝̩̤̦̳̞̰̩̫̟͚̱̪̘͕̫̼͉̹̹̟̮̱̤̜͚̝̠̤̖̮̯̳͖̗̹̞̜̹̭̿̏͋̒͆̔̄̃̾̓͛̾̌́̅̂͆̔͌͆͋̔̾́̈̇̐̄̑̓̂̾́̄̿̓̅̆͌̉̎̏̄͛̉͆̓̎͒͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅƠ̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̟̰͔͔͇̲̰̮̘̭̭̖̥̟̘̠̬̺̪͇̲͋͂̅̈́̍͂̽͗̾͒̇̇̒͐̍̽͊́̑̇̑̾̉̓̈̾͒̍̌̅̒̾̈́̆͌̌̾̎̽̐̅̏́̈̔͛̀̋̃͊̒̓͗͒̑͒̃͂̌̄̇̑̇͛̆̾͛̒̇̍̒̓̀̈́̄̐͂̍͊͗̎̔͌͛̂̏̉̊̎͗͊͒̂̈̽̊́̔̊̃͑̈́̑̌̋̓̅̔́́͒̄̈́̈̂͐̈̅̈̓͌̓͊́̆͌̉͐̊̉͛̓̏̓̅̈́͂̉̒̇̉̆̀̍̄̇͆͛̏̉̑̃̓͂́͋̃̆̒͋̓͊̄́̓̕̕̕̚͘͘͘̚̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅS̷̢̨̧̢̡̨̢̨̢̨̧̧̨̧͚̱̪͇̱̮̪̮̦̝͖̜͙̘̪̘̟̱͇͎̻̪͚̩͍̠̹̮͚̦̝̤͖̙͔͚̙̺̩̥̻͈̺̦͕͈̹̳̖͓̜͚̜̭͉͇͖̟͔͕̹̯̬͍̱̫̮͓̙͇̗̙̼͚̪͇̦̗̜̼̠͈̩̠͉͉̘̱̯̪̟͕̘͖̝͇̼͕̳̻̜͖̜͇̣̠̹̬̗̝͓̖͚̺̫͛̉̅̐̕͘͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅ.̶̨̢̢̨̢̨̢̛̻͙̜̼̮̝̙̣̘̗̪̜̬̳̫̙̮̣̹̥̲̥͇͈̮̟͉̰̮̪̲̗̳̰̫̙͍̦̘̠̗̥̮̹̤̼̼̩͕͉͕͇͙̯̫̩̦̟̦̹͈͔̱̝͈̤͓̻̟̮̱͖̟̹̝͉̰͊̓̏̇͂̅̀̌͑̿͆̿̿͗̽̌̈́̉̂̀̒̊̿͆̃̄͑͆̃̇͒̀͐̍̅̃̍̈́̃̕͘͜͜͝͠͠z̴̢̢̡̧̢̢̧̢̨̡̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̲͚̠̜̮̠̜̞̤̺͈̘͍̻̫͖̣̥̗̙̳͓͙̫̫͖͍͇̬̲̳̭̘̮̤̬̖̼͎̬̯̼̮͔̭̠͎͓̼̖̟͈͓̦̩̦̳̙̮̗̮̩͙͓̮̰̜͎̺̞̝̪͎̯̜͈͇̪̙͎̩͖̭̟͎̲̩͔͓͈͌́̿͐̍̓͗͑̒̈́̎͂̋͂̀͂̑͂͊͆̍͛̄̃͌͗̌́̈̊́́̅͗̉͛͌͋̂̋̇̅̔̇͊͑͆̐̇͊͋̄̈́͆̍̋̏͑̓̈́̏̀͒̂̔̄̅̇̌̀̈́̿̽̋͐̾̆͆͆̈̌̿̈́̎͌̊̓̒͐̾̇̈́̍͛̅͌̽́̏͆̉́̉̓̅́͂͛̄̆͌̈́̇͐̒̿̾͌͊͗̀͑̃̊̓̈̈́̊͒̒̏̿́͑̄̑͋̀̽̀̔̀̎̄͑̌̔́̉̐͛̓̐̅́̒̎̈͆̀̍̾̀͂̄̈́̈́̈́̑̏̈́̐̽̐́̏̂̐̔̓̉̈́͂̕̚̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̚̚̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅī̸̧̧̧̡̨̨̢̨̛̛̘͓̼̰̰̮̗̰͚̙̥̣͍̦̺͈̣̻͇̱͔̰͈͓͖͈̻̲̫̪̲͈̜̲̬̖̻̰̦̰͙̤̘̝̦̟͈̭̱̮̠͍̖̲͉̫͔͖͔͈̻̖̝͎̖͕͔̣͈̤̗̱̀̅̃̈́͌̿̏͋̊̇̂̀̀̒̉̄̈́͋͌̽́̈́̓̑̈̀̍͗͜͜͠͠ͅp̴̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̨̢̢̢̨̡̛̛͕̩͕̟̫̝͈̖̟̣̲̖̭̙͇̟̗͖͎̹͇̘̰̗̝̹̤̺͉͎̙̝̟͙͚̦͚͖̜̫̰͖̼̤̥̤̹̖͉͚̺̥̮̮̫͖͍̼̰̭̤̲͔̩̯̣͖̻͇̞̳̬͉̣̖̥̣͓̤͔̪̙͎̰̬͚̣̭̞̬͎̼͉͓̮͙͕̗̦̞̥̮̘̻͎̭̼͚͎͈͇̥̗͖̫̮̤̦͙̭͎̝͖̣̰̱̩͎̩͎̘͇̟̠̱̬͈̗͍̦̘̱̰̤̱̘̫̫̮̥͕͉̥̜̯͖̖͍̮̼̲͓̤̮͈̤͓̭̝̟̲̲̳̟̠͉̙̻͕͙̞͔̖͈̱̞͓͔̬̮͎̙̭͎̩̟̖͚̆͐̅͆̿͐̄̓̀̇̂̊̃̂̄̊̀͐̍̌̅͌̆͊̆̓́̄́̃̆͗͊́̓̀͑͐̐̇͐̍́̓̈́̓̑̈̈́̽͂́̑͒͐͋̊͊̇̇̆̑̃̈́̎͛̎̓͊͛̐̾́̀͌̐̈́͛̃̂̈̿̽̇̋̍͒̍͗̈͘̚̚͘̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅ☻♥■∞{╚mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ

I ran OSX for a long time, even had a hackintosh for a couple years before I really wanted to get into gaming. But OSX is a very intuitive and powerful operating system depending on what you're trying to do. However, people (I am often on this boat) hate apple computers because of the hardware, knowing they could get much better performance for the same or less money and not have it cook itself because it's too busy looking pretty in a paper thin aluminum housing with maybe one heatpipe for an amd gpu or whatever. Or a damn triangle heat sink with a fan that barely turns to cool a 12 core xeon and two firepro gpus.

That would be a fair point unless you looked at the competition. Compare the Dell XPS 13" pricing to the 13" rMBP both of these models are the 1300 USD models btw.

-Dell XPS 13" has 8GB of DDR3 RAM at 1866mhz RAM, same goes for the 13" rMBP

-128GB SSD on the Dell, 128GB on the rMBP and corrrct me if I'm wrong here but while both use PCIE, only the rMBP uses NVME?

-HD Graphics 520 vs Iris 6100, pretty sure both are comparable with the 520 maybe getting a slight edge I think. 

-Higher res display 3200*1800 (QuadHD+) with touch on Dell vs "inferior" 2560*1600 on rMBP.

-Trackpad on Dell is nice as reviews have mentioned but the MBP trackpad with Force Touch literally cannot be beat. 

-Two thunderbolt 2.0 on MBP vs TB3 on XPS 13, both have two USB 3.0 ports and both have an SD card slot. Headphone jack for both as well, of course.

-1.29KG for XPS vs 1.58KG

-I think the rMBP has better real world battery life than the XPS 13 but I could be wrong

If I've missed out anything, tell me, but it appears that it indeed isn't overpriced and you can't necessarily say that you get inferior specs if you compare a MBP to a gaming laptop or a gaming dekstop.  

For me the selling point in anything has to do with more than just software alone, but I'm not going to list them out as every item has to have its own statement.

I agree now with the second sentence. They can just package the OS on a USB thumb drive or a disc if they really wanted to and support all the various hardware, but they won't as a business decision. I don't know what Steve Jobs will actually do with the OS if he were alive, but it would be no doubt, just keep on their own products.

Fair enough. When I was buying my 13" rMBP (late 2013 Haswell, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD) I took into consideration how much I loved OSX on my 2011 13" MBP, one of the few laptops with great REAL WORLD battery life unlike, say, how the june XPS 13 was rated for something like 11hrs on the qHD model but didn't get close. Sure I could have picked a lighter laptop, but this, at the time, had the right ports, thin and light enough with an excellent IPS panel with a trackpad+keyboard combo that is still very good AND on top of that, an amazing build. To me, it was well worth what I paid for it. 

Their desktop offerings suck, not their laptop lineup though. IMO of course. 

-128GB SSD on the Dell, 128GB on the rMBP and corrrct me if I'm wrong here but while both use PCIE, only the rMBP uses NVME?

-HD Graphics 520 vs Iris 6100, pretty sure both are comparable with the 520 maybe getting a slight edge I think. 

-Trackpad on Dell is nice as reviews have mentioned but the MBP trackpad with Force Touch literally cannot be beat. 

"Well, you see, the XPS 13 is also overpriced....I would just never bitch about it, because it's not Apple." - pretty much every thread where the XPS 13 is mentioned as a pricing guideline against a 13" rMBP. 

-AFAIK neither use NVME drives...unless Apple recently updated it when they upgraded to Broadwell i5's. 

-I believe Iris 6100 is still a decent bit faster than HD520.  

-I really don't like force touch....Although, admittedly I only used a force touch mac for a short period of time (20~ minutes maybe?)...I just didn't like it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

"Well, you see, the XPS 13 is also overpriced....I would just never bitch about it, because it's not Apple." - pretty much every thread where the XPS 13 is mentioned as a pricing guideline against a 13" rMBP. 

-AFAIK neither use NVME drives...unless Apple recently updated it when they upgraded to Broadwell i5's. 

-I believe Iris 6100 is still a decent bit faster than HD520.  

-I really don't like force touch....Although, admittedly I only used a force touch mac for a short period of time (20~ minutes maybe?)...I just didn't like it.

You're right. Only the new MacBook uses NVME but the 13" rMBP does however use PCIE x4 compared to the XPS 13 that probably isn't. 

Really? I really liked Force Touch when I tried it but I kinda understand why you wouldn't like it. Know what I haven't liked though? The new keyboard on the the MB. It's a disaster IMO. 

EDIT: Apparently the Yoga lineup can't be compared either. And that only uses a SATA SSD! 

Fair enough. When I was buying my 13" rMBP (late 2013 Haswell, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD) I took into consideration how much I loved OSX on my 2011 13" MBP, one of the few laptops with great REAL WORLD battery life unlike, say, how the june XPS 13 was rated for something like 11hrs on the qHD model but didn't get close. Sure I could have picked a lighter laptop, but this, at the time, had the right ports, thin and light enough with an excellent IPS panel with a trackpad+keyboard combo that is still very good AND on top of that, an amazing build. To me, it was well worth what I paid for it. 

Their desktop offerings suck, not their laptop lineup though. IMO of course. 

Yeah their desktops aren't that great for most user's cases, but I would also go with their laptops for light use/business/etc. But I'm going for the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by Dec. 19 because you have the stylus and you can run Adobe apps on it while staying in the tablet form factor since I do digital art and content creation and I can leverage those two features at once. I'm going for the one with Intel Core i7, 16GB of RAM, and 256GB storage. Photoshop will eat up as much RAM as you tell it to, so that's why I'm going for the one with 16GB of RAM in the first place for that reason, and overall I don't want to be riding the "replace your shit every year" boat.I'm not exactly sure about their iPad Pro, what features does it have for me to take into consideration (include pros and cons too since nothing can be perfect in reality.)

And when I get the tablet, I'm going to be starting my Deviantart portfolio for both personal and for showing to a developer company as all game companies want to see your portfolio (EA, Blizzard Entertainment (My dream workplace), Crytek, CD Projeckt Red, 2K, Activision, etc)

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Yeah their desktops aren't that great for most user's cases, but I would also go with their laptops for light use/business/etc. But I'm going for the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by Dec. 19 because you have the stylus and you can run Adobe apps on it while staying in the tablet form factor since I do digital art and content creation and I can leverage those two features at once. I'm going for the one with Intel Core i7, 16GB of RAM, and 256GB storage. Photoshop will eat up as much RAM as you tell it to, so that's why I'm going for the one with 16GB of RAM in the first place for that reason, and overall I don't want to be riding the "replace your shit every year" boat.I'm not exactly sure about their iPad Pro, what features does it have for me to take into consideration (include pros and cons too since nothing can be perfect in reality.)

Noice! I've always been intrigued by the Surface Pro line but never really felt as if the execution was on par for the concept, however the Surface Pro 4 is the closest to near perfect execution yet. 

iPad Pro? Hmm..

Pros:

-As we all know, only the K1 was able to trade blows with the A8X last year in the ARM space so if we look at that again plus the A9's single and multi core in the iPhones.....the A9X is looking to be one hell of a beast. Hence why they were boasting about being able to edit 3 4K clips at once

-Apple's stylus apparently has more sensitivity than the Surface Pen

-The Office suite and some of the Adobe suite on it doesn't have complete parity with the desktop version but its close enough for you if you do quick edits on the fly and then do proper work on the desktop

-Battery is probs gonna be stellar. It uses Variable refresh rate and an IZGO panel now

-Uses NVME storage (courtesy of Anandtech)

Cons:

-Sure it has split screen multitasking finally but the full version of Windows will obviously be much better

-The GODDAMN BROKEN PRICE

-Keyboard AND Stylus are seperate purchases, at least with the Pro 4, you get the Surface Pen with your purchase

-Sure it might have NVME, but the lighting cable uses USB 2.0 as its backend therefore rendering the benefits of NVME meaningless pretty much if you're using it transfer files to and from the device

-Only one, proprietary port (two if you count the Smart port thingy as well)

-iOS in general, if you want Adobe to push their pro apps on the ipad and wanna sell the iPad as a "Pro" machine, freaking allow mouse support

-Keyboard accessory for it by Apple probably sucks 

- DID I MENTION ITS PRICE???

-Very limited storage. Come on. If its going against the Surface lineup, at least offer 256/512GB options

-Probably more that I can't think of the top of my head

The iPad pro is NOT a good buy but I expect decent upgrades for the second generation. 

For me with the combined powuhhh of Windows and Ubuntu Mate I have never had a reason to use OSX. 

OSX is better for programs like video editing and even making songs,etc. but games in OSX absolutely the answer is no... and also it is smooth looking os

Other than for gaming, I don't get the hate. I personally prefer Windows 10 on desktops but for me, OSX reigns supreme on laptops. 

That whole argument about a lack of apps just needs to go and die because quite simply, its not true. The way the trackpad works to give useful functions such as using four fingers to switch between virtual desktops (which were in OSX as early as 2006 or 7 and improved upon significantly in 2011) or the three finger tap on a word to define a word etc...

It comes with pages for free which isn't as feature rich as Word but its free and can be accessed from iCloud online AND saved as a .docx file if needed with the latest release of Pages which btw significantly improves importing/exporting between .pages and .docx files. I hear many people also say that the terminal is way more powerful under OSX/Linux than Windows's equivalent thus why Google love their Macs for development.

I'm just sick of the needless hate on an OS that is really really good if you give it a shot. 

1. I recommend OSX to my family, so if they have an issue I can tell them to call someone who cares.

2. Apple focuses on changing/refining how you use computing devices so for individuals it is fine.

3. MS focuses on organisations workflows, productivity and manageability, so for individuals it is fine, but it is also vastly superior in an enterprise environment in both client and server roles. anyone who has worked Enterprise IT know that managing an apple environment is horrible when compared with the *nix and Windows Alternatives, especially when apple does it's yearly update and breaks all your files shares etc etc.

4. Linux/*nix systems are great servers, but shitty clients ('this is the year of the linux desktop' <- has been said every year since at least 2003 and has never been correct).

5."That whole argument about a lack of apps just needs to go and die because quite simply, its not true." - completely wrong, there are many many consumer applications that just do not exist on OSX, and they do not have a alternative. Take a step into the Enterprise world with it's legacy apps and your not even close on this statement.

6. "The way the trackpad works to give useful functions such as using four fingers to switch between virtual desktops (which were in OSX as early as 2006 or 7 and improved upon significantly in 2011) or the three finger tap on a word to define a word etc..." Virtual desktops where on Linux well before Apple, and (with third party apps) before apple also. All apple did was popularize the function.

7. Look I have used Apple stuff. I have supported apple stuff. Heck I am even certified for apple stuff. but I am sorry, the systems are just shit. and I am sorry but you, op, sound like you have drunk the cool-aid.

OSX is better for programs like video editing and even making songs,etc. but games in OSX absolutely the answer is no... and also it is smooth looking os

Sorry, but no. maybe 10 years ago when final cut pro wasn't a steaming pile of shit. every single 'artsy' person goes to these as the fallback. I am sorry but the third party applications destroy the Apple productivity suite. and they are cross platform.

That's fine. I just hate people that immediately say OSX sucks. When it doesn't. 

no, it does suck. but it does have it's uses. Apple Hardware (laptops only, the AIOs and mac  pros suck), is fantastic. 

Also I am assuming you use OSX in place of Apple every 2nd time you talk about it, because Hardware <> Software (MacBook Pro <> OSX)

1. I recommend OSX to my family, so if they have an issue I can tell them to call someone who cares. -OK then?

2. Apple focuses on changing/refining how you use computing devices so for individuals it is fine. -So far, agree..

3. MS focuses on organisations workflows, productivity and manageability, so for individuals it is fine, but it is also vastly superior in an enterprise environment in both client and server roles. anyone who has worked Enterprise IT know that managing an apple environment is horrible when compared with the *nix and Windows Alternatives, especially when apple does it's yearly update and breaks all your files shares etc etc. -Then just don't update to the latest OSX version? Explain why OSX is worse here, IBM is clearly liking the Macs that they use.

4. Linux/*nix systems are great servers, but shitty clients ('this is the year of the linux desktop' <- has been said every year since at least 2003 and has never been correct). -Seriously? It is correct..

5."That whole argument about a lack of apps just needs to go and die because quite simply, its not true." - completely wrong, there are many many consumer applications that just do not exist on OSX, and they do not have a alternative. Take a step into the Enterprise world with it's legacy apps and your not even close on this statement. - Again, talking about Enterprise and  Business. Am I fricking talking about them? I'm talking about 99% of the population

6. "The way the trackpad works to give useful functions such as using four fingers to switch between virtual desktops (which were in OSX as early as 2006 or 7 and improved upon significantly in 2011) or the three finger tap on a word to define a word etc..." Virtual desktops where on Linux well before Apple, and (with third party apps) before apple also. All apple did was popularize the function. - Lolwut? So OSX didn't have the option to use third party programs that could do the same thing back when OSX didn't have that feature? And really? Linux had it before OSX natively, so pre 2006? Where's your refute for the trackpad and how you can bring up definitions or quickly preview things?

7. Look I have used Apple stuff. I have supported apple stuff. Heck I am even certified for apple stuff. but I am sorry, the systems are just shit. and I am sorry but you, op, sound like you have drunk the cool-aid. -HA! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Funny. But not true. 

You say I'm on the kool aid, when you sir, are the one on it. 

no, it does suck. but it does have it's uses. Apple Hardware (laptops only, the AIOs and mac  pros suck), is fantastic. 

Also I am assuming you use OSX in place of Apple every 2nd time you talk about it, because Hardware <> Software (MacBook Pro <> OSX)

I mentioned that didn't I? Their laptops are the best. Although, having said that, find me a better AIO for less than the iMac. Would love to see that. 

Don't bring up the crap about being able to build PCs because we're talking about the average person that walks into a store, sees an AIO, and thinks that they're awfully convenient since it pretty much comes with everything outta the box. By that logic, EVERY single AIO sucks.  

Again, clearly, from a lot of the positive comments about OSX before you showed up, people do see the value. 

Sorry, but no. maybe 10 years ago when final cut pro wasn't a steaming pile of shit. every single 'artsy' person goes to these as the fallback. I am sorry but the third party applications destroy the Apple productivity suite. and they are cross platform.

Final Cut Pro X has gained back nearly all the features it had lost. 

3. MS focuses on organisations workflows, productivity and manageability, so for individuals it is fine, but it is also vastly superior in an enterprise environment in both client and server roles. anyone who has worked Enterprise IT know that managing an apple environment is horrible when compared with the *nix and Windows Alternatives, especially when apple does it's yearly update and breaks all your files shares etc etc.

5."That whole argument about a lack of apps just needs to go and die because quite simply, its not true." - completely wrong, there are many many consumer applications that just do not exist on OSX, and they do not have a alternative. Take a step into the Enterprise world with it's legacy apps and your not even close on this statement.

7. Look I have used Apple stuff. I have supported apple stuff. Heck I am even certified for apple stuff. but I am sorry, the systems are just shit. and I am sorry but you, op, sound like you have drunk the cool-aid.

IBM will seriously disagree with you. (As will I, having worked in IT)

Many companies develop their own in-house software negating that as an issue; and the majority of other programs that a business may need are available on both. 

You sound very credible....Knowing quite a few people involved in the IT industry, programming, other, the vast majority of which have no complaints with Macs (no more so than with any Windows computer). So yeah....I find it hard to take anything from someone who's clearly so objective on the matter that they're just going to call Apple systems 'shit'. 

Right, that's why so many people use Mac's/OSX; it's just so bad that everyone flocks to it to experience how bad it really is and to laugh at it while they're using it all day long. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I mentioned that didn't I? Their laptops are the best. Although, having said that, find me a better AIO for less than the iMac. Would love to see that. 

Don't bring up the crap about being able to build PCs because we're talking about the average person that walks into a store, sees an AIO, and thinks that they're awfully convenient since it pretty much comes with everything outta the box. By that logic, EVERY single AIO sucks.  

Again, clearly, from a lot of the positive comments about OSX before you showed up, people do see the value. 

That's the point...

1. OK then?

2. So far, agree..
3. Then just don't update to the latest OSX version? Explain why OSX is worse here, IBM is clearly liking the Macs that they use. - unfortunately Apple only supports the current and 2 revisions back, this is their official policy, so that means you have a legacy application that is 3 years old? yep not supported, so not updating is not an option. IBM is not using Macs, their entire program you are referring to was about bringing productivity applications to iOS, completely different thing.
4. Seriously? It is correct.. No, go tell your average end user to update their drivers on Ubuntu, or any Linux system. seem them stare at you blankly. Tell your average Linux server user the same, and it was done yesterday.
5. Again, talking about Enterprise and  Business. Am I fricking talking about them? I'm talking about 99% of the population - Lets forget that the consumer market is pennies compared to enterprise, and you should have noticed the theme in my responses, consumer is fine, and while applecare exists they are great, but in the real world they are terrible (go look at what the apple store runs off, what?!?!?! no OSX Server, but *gasp* Linux (well Apache, last I checked)) 
6. Lolwut? So OSX didn't have the option to use third party programs that could do the same thing back when OSX didn't have that feature? And really? Linux had it before OSX natively, so pre 2006? Where's your refute for the trackpad and how you can bring up definitions or quickly preview things? -Multi-touch devices existed for a long time before apple popularized it. You talk of definitions and Quickly Preview things, is thanks to Finder, not multi-touch, not virtual desktops. With regards to the multiple desktops I miss-typed, they where available on Linux and windows with thrid-party applications (just read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_desktop#X_Window_System_.28Unix_and_Unix-like.29 ).
7. HA! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Funny. But not true. - No, seriously OSX has it's place, it just isn't as good as you think. and it just seams that a lot of your arguments are lacking due to your lack of technical knowledge on the topic. Unless I have miss-understood you seem to think Apple = OSX.

EDIT: Fixing the damn colours.

So after reading through all of these comments, I've seen many arguments for and against. Some of which have been valid, Some of which have been down right dumb and some are just wrong.

My personal stance with OSX is that it doesn't do anything that I use on Linux or windows better than either of these do. 

Before someone comes up and starts making a big deal about the track pad and gestures. I don't want to use a track pad... EVER, regardless of how "good" a trackpad is, a mouse is simply better. Something which OSX has terrible support for. (Don't get me started on the magic mouse)

Other operating systems in the last decade have come parsecs, OSX has been fumbling along adding cool new features like spotlight, But not improving any of the things that have been there from the start.

For example, The dock, As useful as it is (and well integrated for a dock) still takes up some ridiculous amount of space (Not so bad on a 5K iMac) These are computers, With decent resolution screens why take up so much of my precious screen real estate with a dock. I know you are all going to point out you can auto hide it and adjust the size and the scaling of the hovered over icons. It just seems that no one does this. Everytime I have to work on a Mac (It happens an awful lot considering how they "don't have problems") the dock takes up some huge portion of the screen. Very frustrating when you're trying to multi-task while still being able to view them all at the same time. Remember these are computers not tablets/phones.

This has been corrected a little with window snapping finally being added in 10.11 (Also why are they so stuck on OSX why not OS11)

Also the not having a maximise button. (Yes theres a full screen mode but it hides anything that is useful. yes it pops up when you hover your mouse but by that point because the top bar is contextualised (Actually a feature I love outside of full screen mode) you never know where the mouse needs to be until you've already hovered over the bar) is just to much of an oversight,then they're just being to stubborn to fix it.

Finder, Oh god what a nightmare (also a little less now that you can snap windows, Yes I know there are tabs) but holy hell. Not remembering what view you want on a folder by folder basis. Seriously Why the hell would I want enormous thumbnails for documents, and why would I want a list of pictures. Things that are so simple yet drive me up the wall.

Boot times. (yes they're not that bad when they have NVME SSD's, But I've never understood that even when they have a plain SSD they take longer to boot then a windows machine on HDD. Considering they only support very select hardware you'd think they'd spend some time on optimisation. 

Also anyone had that stupid beach ball come up and never go away, Having to hard reboot. (To be fair this has been a lot better in recent builds, It still occurs though)

After all this ranty stuff, There are things I really like about OSX.

- Search (even if you're guessing or not sure what your looking for you still get the results your looking for.

- Contextual top bar

- I like the way launcher integrates certain folders (like downloads)

- I like the non hassle installs 

I use OSX on a fairly regular basis.

Much to my dismay, I will admit that I'm in general not a fan. But there are definitely reasons people don't like it.

It's apple and apple is evil, what more do you want.

most Game doesnt run on OSX but it does run on MSX

we dont need fanboy here

It really depends how you look at the word evil. I would consider them evil myself. The company has no interest in anything or anyone other than making money. Yes their a business but you only have to look at Tax evasion, Patent trolling (OK some of them were legitimate), and the way the seem to continue to breach GPL just pretend it didn't happen.

Because they're biased idiots that are all #PCMASTERRACE #APPLESUX #STEVEJOBSISGAY and shit and they're too big of pussies to try something new.

Now who is being Biased. There are legitimately reasons to "Hate" an inferior product. (I'm probably going to regret that)

That's fine. I just hate people that immediately say OSX sucks. When it doesn't. 

That is fair enough. Depends what you're comparing it to.

Comparing it to a Vacuum, You could definitely say that the vacuum sucks more.

Comparing it to a Decent Linux Distro, or even windows. OSX sucks more.

Don't be thinking I love windows, I could go all day about that as well. But there is a reason Windows has the market share that it does.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4