DOOM reboot alpha requirements announced

Castdeath97

At least the game is 6gb of HDD space.  Better than most Triple A games coming out with 50gb sizes.

It is just alpha. Short demo perhaps?

I would be incredibly surprised to find out that is the size of the full game at launch.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

CPU requirements are stupid. But developers seem to take system requirements more as a joke, and not a valid information. So who knows.

nope. Go look at Witcher 3... FX 8350 will beat even a 4690k in that game. PURELY because The Witcher 3 is exceptionally well optimized for using many cores.

nope. Go look at Witcher 3... FX 8350 will beat even a 4690k in that game. PURELY because The Witcher 3 is exceptionally well optimized for using many cores.

Where do you see that?

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

RIP in pepperonis m8s

It actually runs surprisingly well on my system

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Minimum requirement makes sense.

But that recommended?

GTX 780 or R9 280?

That only means they have not optimized properly for Nvidia.

Hopefully just an alpha issue...

Also I believe for the first ever iD is using directX, rather than OpenGL

-snip-

I have a 780 and was hoping that would push this at 1440p.  :(

*fingers crossed*

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I have a 780 and was hoping that would push this at 1440p. :(

*fingers crossed*

Should improve by release time..

I think I should be calling this an AMD title.

But seriously, a 280 is not as powerful as a 780, this has got to be a console port.

It's an alpha and id software isn't a console aimed developer as far as I know. I guess they are going for a 3GB recommended, thus they chose a 3GB Nvidia card (obviously the 780).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I can't get in on the alpha.

post-41730-Alan-Rickman-table-flip-gif-I

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's an alpha and id software isn't a console aimed developer as far as I know. I guess they are going for a 3GB recommended, thus they chose a 3GB Nvidia card (obviously the 780).

Yea, this makes the most sense, but I seriously don't see how a linear game would use need more than 2GB no matter how huge the textures are. 760 owners shouldn't be too worried about this. Just put this in the very large pile of games with system requirements that are exaggerated.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

-snip-

Erm... the 4690k is winning most of the time. Like 90% of the time. It is really close though.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Erm... the 4690k is winning most of the time. Like 90% of the time. It is really close though.

it wins average for the most part, due to the low IPC of FX not handling more drawcalls... Thus lower maximums.

However the minimums of FX is also pretty damn good. Especially considering this CPU AND A PROPER MOBO, is still less then that of a 4690k (and stop the bullshit of using B81 boards. everyone knows you buy Z97 when you buy a "K" CPU... thats the whole reason to buy a Z97 board. To OC like mad)

Yea, this makes the most sense, but I seriously don't see how a linear game would use need more than 2GB no matter how huge the textures are. 760 owners shouldn't be too worried about this. Just put this in the very large pile of games with system requirements that are exaggerated.

Well look at the amount of gore!

Anyhow, it's kinda inventible as consoles now have more memory so games are developed as such, though it's quite surprising considering it's id software which not a console centric company.

Pascal laptops guide

it wins average for the most part, due to the low IPC of FX not handling more drawcalls... Thus lower maximums.

However the minimums of FX is also pretty damn good. Especially considering this CPU AND A PROPER MOBO, is still less then that of a 4690k (and stop the bullshit of using B81 boards. everyone knows you buy Z97 when you buy a "K" CPU... thats the whole reason to buy a Z97 board. To OC like mad)

I'm trying to figure who's this intended for since I never recommended (iirc) buying a B81 board. I don't see why you would buy one, unless you're on a really small budget but you want to OC an Intel CPU. Maybe then, but I'm not so sure I'd recommend it.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm trying to figure who's this intended for since I never recommended (iirc) buying a B81 board. I don't see why you would buy one, unless you're on a really small budget but you want to OC an Intel CPU. Maybe then, but I'm not so sure I'd recommend it.

i know you didnt mention B81... but as soon as someone says "but FX is cheaper".. all them plebs come rushing in with their "you gotta have tis zabbertuth 990FX bord and haipa 212 or else faia. ZOMG! intel can run off tis ECS b81 board cuz, intel, hah"....

"Minimum 8GB of ram", lol, I bet the game will run even with 4GB of ram and on your average i3.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Jokes aside, I suppose the GPU recommendation may also be influenced by the gradually worse optimization we've been seeing for Kepler cards.

That's NVidia's planned obsolescence for you. Not only are most NVidia cards in the kepler series, VRAM starved, but since most NVidia hardware is subpar, the performance comes primarily from driver updates. Those updates do not benefit the "older" cards anymore to the same extent. We even saw Battlefront where a 290 beat a 780ti. What a joke.

I can almost guarantee that we will see the same with Maxwell next year. Old 390 basically from 2013 beating a 980ti or so.

People constantly whine about more competition, but the fact of the matter is that AMD is the best choice in everything but the 980ti/Titan X market.

I really hope they bring the BFG9000 back to its glory days. Nothing was better than popping up around a corner and killing everyone with one blast.

Go to 17:30​  :D 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Recommended specs must just be purely based on vRAM, especially looking at the minimums where a 660/7870 is recommended. 7870's slightly better but they were in the same tier back in the day. 780 just happened to be the first 3gb card NV released, which of course resulted in this problematic disparity we see here today

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

Minimum requirement makes sense.

But that recommended?

GTX 780 or R9 280?

That only means they have not optimized properly for Nvidia.

Hopefully just an alpha issue...

Also I believe for the first ever iD is using directX, rather than OpenGL

Or they are recommending at least 3 GB of vram in the recommended specs.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

Or they are recommending at least 3 GB of vram in the recommended specs.

It's at least 2GB and optimally 3GB.

Pascal laptops guide

It's at least 2GB and optimally 3GB.

I'm only talking about the recommended specs. the 280 comes with 3GB and the 780 is the only kepler card besides 4gb 770 that comes with at least 3 gb. On top of that most people don't even have 4gb 770s to begin with.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

I'm only talking about the recommended specs. the 280 comes with 3GB and the 780 is the only kepler card besides 4gb 770 that comes with at least 3 gb. On top of that most people don't even have 4gb 770s to begin with.

That's the sad thing about older Kepler cards, they lack the VRAM.

Pascal laptops guide

They're also focusing on multiplayer so it better be optimized. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |