Corsair K70 RGB VS Corsair Strafe RGB

Arcanekitten

Hi so I was looking for a new keyboard and I saw these bad boys on the Internet and I liked them a lot but I can't really decide which one to pick since they are very similar with each of them having there benefits.

K70 rgb benefits

- Metal Construction instead of Matt plastic of the strafe (mainly this issue where I am not sure about )

-Volume scroll wheel

Strafe RGB benefits

-MX silent switches which are more silent and quicker than MX REDS (from 4mm to 3,7mm and 30% more quieter )

-1 One USB pass through

-better lighting effects because of the white bottom where the switches are embedded on

-€10 euro's cheaper lol

So is the k70 metal body worth it over the strafe it's benefits?

Or am I retarded and the strafe has more features for less money?

Please let me know since I like them both for there own things.

Also quick note if you don't know the strafe rgb comes with a wrist rest else I would have chosen the k70 100%

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Personally I would get the strafe just for the fact that it has the diffuser plate around the keys. I don't think the k70 is quite bright enough (from videos I have seen)

The metal construction would be nice, however I would be afraid of messing up the finish...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Also quick note if you don't know the strafe rgb comes with a wrist rest else I would have chosen the k70 100%

The K70 comes with a wrist rest too...

Well I love my K70 if that helps

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Clearly the only real option here is to buy the K70 then send it to someone you've never met so he can swap the Reds to Blues in his basement then ship it back to you. 

I would get the K70; the media keys are REALLY useful, especially if you listen to music on your PC. I find that the lighting is actually pretty bright and the benefit of the STRAFE's LEDs would be that the 16.8m color mode is less flickery, but I don't find that noticeable so it's not really a selling point for me.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

I would get the K70; the media keys are REALLY useful, especially if you listen to music on your PC. I find that the lighting is actually pretty bright and the benefit of the STRAFE's LEDs would be that the 16.8m color mode is less flickery, but I don't find that noticeable so it's not really a selling point for me.

I really like my K70. I was so excited when it was announced, and so crushed when they stopped selling them with Blues. It has everything I want in a keyboard. I did exactly what I said in my post above. I bought a K70 RGB with Reds, found a guy on Reddit that swaps switches for $70, and finally got my K70 RGB with Blues. Couldn't be happier. 

I had the older blue K70 and really liked it. Definately I'd reccommend it. Too the lights have a 3 level or off dimmer so plenty bright enough. The only reason I have the K95 now is I saw a demo on sale and the price was too good to pass up.

The K70 comes with a wrist rest too...

ive said it in the bottom of the post the strafe comes with a wrist rest ....

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Egh i personly don't use the media keys since i have a nice speakers with and turning button thing.

But thanks for the input :)

OP please note that if you want to use the USB pass through for the Strafe you will have to plug both USB ports in. 

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide

OP please note that if you want to use the USB pass through for the Strafe you will have to plug both USB ports in. 

Thanks for letting me know but i already knew that m8 ;P

Strafe RGB benefits

-MX silent switches which are more silent and quicker than MX REDS (from 4mm to 3,7mm and 30% more quieter )

This is a BS-hoax from Cherry imho. What the Slient switches basically are is a red switch with built-in o-rings (I'm not sure exactly how this is done, but I guess they have some sort of membrane built inside the switches).

The point where the key registers the click, at 2 mm (if I remember correctly) is the same on both the normal and the silent switches. The only difference is that the silent keys bottoms out earlier at 3.7 mm instead of 4; which is the same (again) as putting a 0.3 mm o-ring under your normal, non-silent key-cap. So they are no faster to type on than normal switches. And yes - with o-rings the normal CHerry MX Reds are really silent as long as you don't forcefully try to bottom them out.

Point is, don't focus so much on the silent switches.

As for the choice of K70 vs Strafe - I'm also in the same boat here trying to choose between the two. More often than not people still recommend the K70 RGB over the Strafe RGB.

Main PRACTICAL differnece between the brushed aluminum body vs a matte plastic one, is the fact that dirt and dust particles get stuck a lot more on the aluminum. Fingerprints are also more noticable on the aluminum body.

Spoiler

Mobo: Asus Z370-A Prime

CPU: Intel i7 8700K

RAM: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Beast

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB

Case: Fractal Define R6 Tempered Glass, Black

SSD 1: Crucial P3 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe SSD

SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB

SSD 3: Crucial MX500 500 GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM005 64MB 4TB 7200 rpm

PSU: Corsair RM750X v2

Display 1: AOC Agon AG271QG