Whats your WiFI SSID?

_Rogue

So I'm curious to see what others have come up with as their wireless network SSIDs (WiFI network name). Default, simple, maybe dorky?

Mine is: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Who can top it?

Secret FBI Van.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

If I had my own network It'd be "( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)"

littlepond777

it was the default name, i thought it was kinda funny so i left it

PC: CPU: i7-5820k  GPU: GTX 1080 ROG Strix OC 8GB  RAM: 32GB DDR4   SSD: Samsung Evo 850 1TB  Board: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Case: Corsair 760T

Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13" (i7, 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM)

"[Address redacted] General Use Network"

Obviously not going to put my real address, but that's basically what my network name is. Real clever isn't it?

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

For the longest time, my SSID would be "ASUS" despite using an Apple router, then a Netgear router, and then finally an ASUS router again. The reason being that it was much easier to change the SSID than to setup passwords on all the devices.

RESTRICTED vXYZ

...where the XYZ is replaced by a designator to differentiate it from it's variations.  Something I had to do after getting a dual band router, and having devices that can see both. Using the same SSID on both was causing problems.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST

Secret FBI Van.

I think I saw something like that once.  And iirc there was one called "Death Star"...

I've seen lots of funny names and forgotten them all unfortunately, but I've never done it myself (yet).  And it definitely wouldn't have ever occurred to me to put weird symbols in the name... you guys are crazy! 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Space-Lan, Lan-Fi

Human intelligence decreases with increasing proximity to oncoming traffic.

@home it is "joeraassund" which is a combination of both my last names without "special characters" (I didn't really choose this, it has been that for like 10+ years, but it is unique so I just rolled with it :P )

On my mobile hotspot it is "fbi_van"

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

The Promised LAN

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

MI6 listening post theta .

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

OK, here's another question: with all of these secret service themes names, do you think that makes you more of a target, or less, for potential troublemakers?

OK, here's another question: with all of these secret service themes names, do you think that makes you more of a target, or less, for potential troublemakers?

Not really bothered.

If someone wants in they will get in. 

Rather like if a Burglar really wants in to your home, the best locks in the world won't matter he can 'just' demolish a wall.

Reminds me of a (possibly apocrophyl) story. Someone named his network "hack this then" and he came back to it the next day and the name had been changed to "challenge accepted".

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Not really bothered.

If someone wants in they will get in. 

Reminds me of a (possibly apocrophyl) story. Someone named his network "hack this then" and he came back to it the next day and the name had been changed to "challenge accepted".

I'm going to go ahead and think it probably makes it more likely then... :)

MINE is called. "PLZ PLUSNET WHY U DO IS" 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

So I'm curious to see what others have come up with as their wireless network SSIDs (WiFI network name). Default, simple, maybe dorky?

Mine is: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Who can top it?

FBI Investigation 5G