Whats your WiFI SSID?

_Rogue

IronHeade (2.4Ghz), Tour of Destruction (5Ghz)

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

2.4GHz router: 2.4 hertz when IP

5GHz: It hertz moar

the supposedly hidden 2.4GHz router: In case 2.4 don't hertz

incoming 5GHz backup router when I can find a AC Wave 2 one: It don't hertz no mo

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

OK, here's another question: with all of these secret service themes names, do you think that makes you more of a target, or less, for potential troublemakers?

As others have said if someone wants to get in they will. Making fun at the expense of the feds? Posting on a forum like this? I wouldn't worry too much. You're far more at risk if you leave your SSID as "Netgear" or "dlink". WPA computes your key based on your SSID and your password. So if you use one of the most common SSIDs? There are Rainbow Tables you can download which will cover the most common passwords for the most common SSIDs. So if you're worried about security don't use the default SSID and don't use SSIDs like "Home", "Wireless" or "AP1".

That's if anyone cares at all, which they probably don't. Unless you have a neighbour who has lost their internet connection of course....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

It's about time to rename mine...

"Noli me Tangere"

"El Filibusterismo"

Now if only there weren't that many people dependent on my public AP...

The WLAN Before Time

Damn Kids Get Off My WLAN

pineapple - Cookie Monster or Cookie Jar

For the Dr Who fans out there: ┓┏ 凵 =╱⊿┌┬┐

from this: 

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Secret FBI Van.

I am now going to set up a wifi hotspot with no ethernet connection with this name just to f*ck with my neighbors. THANK YOU KIND SIR!

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

"BiggerNet" = Main router

"LittlerNet" = Smaller AP in bedroom  :unsure:

The main router is named for @Bigger.net which offered free unlimited dial-up Internet access back in 97-98. They were started by TGGH (the Gnome's Guest House) which was a popular BBS at the time I used to frequent. 

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-01-24/business/fi-21746_1_lifetime-net-use

• 5 years later...
On 10/21/2015 at 6:45 PM, _Rogue said:

So I'm curious to see what others have come up with as their wireless network SSIDs (WiFI network name). Default, simple, maybe dorky?

Mine is: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Who can top it?

BELL421 ت ت ت

Well I would imagine google has already collected all these already, so not much of a secret.

I guess "FBI Surveillance Van" isn't that novel of a name anymore, so I might change that one.  I also have "NSA Tracking System" and "No Internet"--because I find it funny "You are connected to No Internet".

My sister has "Yell (expletive) for password"

Need to upgrade to AX.

PWND

I can't be the only one, can I? 🙂  I have more than one, though.

Thinking of neighbours, as you mention some, what if you set your SSID to what your neighbours use?  Isn't that really gona piss them off?

Actually, I do have a neighbour I'd love to piss off.  Maybe that would be a good way.  But I don't know what SSIDs they're using or I could get a couple more APs and put them towards the border ...

1 hour ago, heimdali said:

PWND

I can't be the only one, can I? 🙂  I have more than one, though.

Thinking of neighbours, as you mention some, what if you set your SSID to what your neighbours use?  Isn't that really gona piss them off?

Actually, I do have a neighbour I'd love to piss off.  Maybe that would be a good way.  But I don't know what SSIDs they're using or I could get a couple more APs and put them towards the border ...

Could always name one "Pam is a MILF" or something like that.  Assuming your soccer-mom next door is named "Pam" and is a MILF....