The First Quantum Teleportation In A Computer Chip

quantum_computing.jpg

In a milestone for quantum computing, researchers at ETH Zurich have demonstrated quantum teleportation in a solid-state circuit. Even more, they’ve broken something of a quantum speed record – they estimate that their system could teleport 10,000 quantum bits can be teleported per second. This teleportation occurred on a setup involving superconducting circuits in a configuration resembling a conventional computer chip.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2013/08/17/the-first-quantum-teleportation-in-a-computer-chip/

pics or it didnt happen

Yeah like you could make Pics from Photons and Electrons ;)

RTX2070OC 

All this Quantum stuff makes my atom rearrange! I can't wait for the day we get Quantum computers in our own homes... hopefully i'll still be alive by then :P

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Apparently using Quantum computers would actually be slower at doing things like browsing the Internet. I remember seeing it on a pretty big YouTube video.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

All this Quantum stuff makes my atom rearrange! I can't wait for the day we get Quantum computers in our own homes... hopefully i'll still be alive by then :P

Why would you want a quantum computer in your home? They're not general purpose devices. They can't be programmed. Every quantum algorithm requires a new architecture. This would be like programming by soldering transistors in a different arrangement.

And aside from all of that, there is only one algorithm that has a faster than polynomial speed-up anyway.

I want quantum Internet!

There are already quantum key distribution protocols that can be used, though the qubits are transmitted classically, i.e. over fibre-optic cable or equivalent. Additionally there is work going on at the moment on quantum networks, though it's only been demonstrated between two atoms at the moment. The work is scalable though and hopefully later this year there will be some work published with a third atom.

Apparently using Quantum computers would actually be slower at doing things like browsing the Internet. I remember seeing it on a pretty big YouTube video.

Slower, yes. Partly because of the above reasons, i.e. if you use quantum-firefox you'd need a different device to quantum-chrome etc. But mainly because quantum computers only perform quantum algorithms. There are only a few quantum algorithms currently known, and none of them would be of any use for general purpose computing. 

Why would you want a quantum computer in your home? They're not general purpose devices. They can't be programmed. Every quantum algorithm requires a new architecture. This would be like programming by soldering transistors in a different arrangement.

And aside from all of that, there is only one algorithm that has a faster than polynomial speed-up anyway.

There are already quantum key distribution protocols that can be used, though the qubits are transmitted classically, i.e. over fibre-optic cable or equivalent.

Slower, yes. Partly because of the above reasons, i.e. if you use quantum-firefox you'd need a different device to quantum-chrome etc. But mainly because quantum computers only perform quantum algorithms. There are only a few quantum algorithms currently known, and none of them would be of any use for general purpose computing. 

Yes they can. Its just very difficult apparently.

System Specs:

Yes they can. Its just very difficult apparently.

You can't program quantum computers. As I mentioned, once you've set up your system it will perform one algorithm only. You're making a specific hardware implementation of the algorithm. 

You can't program quantum computers. As I mentioned, once you've set up your system it will perform one algorithm only. You're making a specific hardware implementation of the algorithm. 

Watch the video.

System Specs:

Watch the video.

I've seen it, have you? I'm not sure what part of it you think backs up your claim.

Yeah like you could make Pics from Photons and Electrons ;)

*cough*

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/updates/2013/01/protons-smash-lead-ions-first-lhc-collisions-2013

more pictures. http://cds.cern.ch/record/1477949

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

tracing particle in a particle collider is different from particle inside a solid object. let alone quantum experiments...  

I will explain quantum entanglement as simple as possible. we take two particle that is some way entangled. (like partners) we separate them, if we make change in one particle the same change will be seen on the other particle instantly... instantly means with zero delay. now you may be thinking it is not possible as it will take some time to transfer the information even electromagnetic waves (speed of light) will take some non zero time. but in this case it will happen instantly.the distance is also irrelevant. a light year is the distance a light particle travel in an year. Even if the particles are separated billions of light year apart, the change is immediate.. it is not humanly possible to explain how this is possible.. firstly it is quantum mechanics which is based on uncertainty and could only be explained with pages of hardcore maths and physics... even Einstein couldn't get full grasp of quantum mechanics... 

it will be a sad day for me when we see quantam computers. Since they work at the speed of light, and nothing can be faster than light, one day no progress will be made on making pc's faster. That means your neighbor who uses the 'windows' will have a pc just as fast as you. And quantum computers means programmers are going do a whole lot more work.

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I will explain quantum entanglement as simple as possible. we take two particle that is some way entangled. (like partners) we separate them, if we make change in one particle the same change will be seen on the other particle instantly... instantly means with zero delay. now you may be thinking it is not possible as it will take some time to transfer the information even electromagnetic waves (speed of light) will take some non zero time. but in this case it will happen instantly.the distance is also irrelevant. a light year is the distance a light particle travel in an year. Even if the particles are separated billions of light year apart, the change is immediate.. it is not humanly possible to explain how this is possible.. firstly it is quantum mechanics which is based on uncertainty and could only be explained with pages of hardcore maths and physics... even Einstein couldn't get full grasp of quantum mechanics... 

This is incorrect. If you make a change to one of the particles then you break the entanglement. It is correct to say that by measuring one of the particles you would know the state of the other. It may appear a subtle difference but your scheme would imply a breaking of the no-signalling theorem, something which was proved by John Bell.

it will be a sad day for me when we see quantam computers. Since they work at the speed of light, and nothing can be faster than light, one day no progress will be made on making pc's faster. That means your neighbor who uses the 'windows' will have a pc just as fast as you. And quantum computers means programmers are going do a whole lot more work.

What do you mean they work at the speed of light? I'm not sure where you've got this from. If they did, why would it matter? Your computer you're using at the moment works at the speed of light. That's why there's a fundamental limit to the clock rate of your processor, i.e. at 3 GHz something travelling at the speed of light would travel ~ 10cm. 

In quantum mechanics, quantum entanglement is the effect by which certain widely separated events can be correlated in ways that suggest the possibility of instantaneous communication. A no-communication theorem is a result of quantum information theory which gives conditions under which such instantaneous transfer of information between two observers is impossible. These results can be applied to understand the so-called paradoxes in quantum mechanics such as the EPR paradox or violations of local realism obtained in tests of Bell's theorem. In these experiments, the no-communication theorem shows that failure of local realism does not lead to what could be referred to as "spooky communication at a distance" (in analogy with Einstein's labeling of quantum entanglement as "spooky action at a distance").

It is entangled even if we made change in the other since the other one also changes simultaneously....