Build Log: Wally, The PC case from a monitor's backlighting. Sponsored by CableMod!

iamdarkyoshi

Cool! Are the sides staying open for ventilation?

Well kinda, eventually there will be a 360mm rad on the graphics card's side and perhaps more fans on the other side.

Before anyone suggests this, there will not be anything on the top bit because that is intended to be removable (with the exception of perhaps another led strip if we can manage it) 

So they arrived! Its a shame the postal service's key to the shipment box on my mailbox DID NOT WORK despite half an hour of excessive violence on the lock. Maybe tomorrow? :(

use a drill

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What is that psu before you got the rmi?

One of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817121037

I will likely sell it for 50 bucks or something on the classifieds

I am not sure how... legal that is.

why would it be illegal to break into your own mailbox?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

why would it be illegal to break into your own mailbox?

Umm... because its not my property. I share a stack of key-unlocked mailboxes with like 12 others. Each box has its own unique key. There is one more box, and it is much larger. They put the package in that larger box and they key to the box in the person's mailbox. But the key in my mailbox didnt work.

Umm... because its not my property. I share a stack of key-unlocked mailboxes with like 12 others. Each box has its own unique key. There is one more box, and it is much larger. They put the package in that larger box and they key to the box in the person's mailbox. But the key in my mailbox didnt work.

oh..

oh..

Right now I very much hate that system, especially for the fact that when there is something I am waiting for in the mail I want to check it every hour and it is several blocks away.

Right now I very much hate that system, especially for the fact that when there is something I am waiting for in the mail I want to check it every hour and it is several blocks away.

'murica

Day Nine: Did I skip a day or two?

Yes, I did. Today we pretty much finished the majority of the case. I forgot to take pictures... again. We plan on getting better fans and eventually watercooling it, but we will use these for now. I am going to do uncompressed images from Imgur, so have fun loading them!

The first surprise was the in line capacitors on the CableMod cables. I managed to hide them.

0u05HA2.jpg

Here is where I forgot to take images of the build process again.

Here are images of the (semi) final build! I have not mounted the front panel USB and power/reset buttons yet.

kvhOLdG.jpg

rp7gT7R.jpg

0v9mR6p.jpg

W0jIThi.jpg

BZdvwXA.jpg

lBwzamH.jpg

SkkJDca.jpg

And of course, thanks @CableMod!

FfSOlih.jpg

So here is today's progress!

YfayxeX.jpg

This thing looks sweet! I might have to abandon my Arc Mini and get make one of these! It is not much of a wall PC because the one-who-must-be-obeyed does not like mounting things to the wall.

Images are on Imgur, and they are NOT compressed.

Day Nine: Did I skip a day or two?
Yes, I did. Today we pretty much finished the majority of the case. I forgot to take pictures... again. We plan on getting better fans and eventually watercooling it, but we will use these for now. I am going to do uncompressed images from Imgur, so have fun loading them!

The first surprise was the in line capacitors on the CableMod cables. I managed to hide them.
0u05HA2.jpg

Here is where I forgot to take images of the build process again.

Here are images of the (semi) final build! I have not mounted the front panel USB and power/reset buttons yet.
kvhOLdG.jpg
rp7gT7R.jpg
0v9mR6p.jpg
W0jIThi.jpg
BZdvwXA.jpg
lBwzamH.jpg
SkkJDca.jpg

And of course, thanks @CableMod!
FfSOlih.jpg

So here is today's progress!
YfayxeX.jpg

This thing looks sweet! I might have to abandon my Arc Mini and get make one of these! It is not much of a wall PC because the one-who-must-be-obeyed does not like mounting things to the wall.

Images are on Imgur, and they are NOT compressed.

I did it. I was able to resist blackmailing you again :P

I did it. I was able to resist blackmailing you again :P

Now that I know your address, I should send you like a whole bunch of black ink that spills out as soon as you open the envelope. Blackmailing.

Now that I know your address, I should send you like a whole bunch of black ink that spills out as soon as you open the envelope. Blackmailing.

Go for it (shipping is on you)

dude!! that looks great!!  nice job, can't wait to see all the finishing touches

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Dude, that looks pretty good.

Not sure how I feel about the 24 pin connector wires going over the hard drive though.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.