Need an info about rams

OSBK
Go to solution Solved by Swndlr,

Yep ^_^

For the most part, any DDR3 DIMM will work with any other DDR3 DIMM. Only problem would happen is if you tried to use a 1600 and 2400 stick at the same time. The higher clocked memory would stop itself down to the speed of your slowest clocked memory.

is it safe to install different models of ram in one pc with the same frequency. for ex: corsair 8GB 2400mhz and another G.skill 8GB 2400mhz ??

Yep ^_^

For the most part, any DDR3 DIMM will work with any other DDR3 DIMM. Only problem would happen is if you tried to use a 1600 and 2400 stick at the same time. The higher clocked memory would stop itself down to the speed of your slowest clocked memory.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

it's fine

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

do your research on their latency. its better if you buy the exact same model

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

good to hear i was afraid that i may fry one of them. thanks a lot :)

Check what voltage they use

6600k, Msi 980, Msi gaming m5, Corsair 8gb ddr4, Raid 0 Samsung 850 evo 250gb,1tb WD Black, Noctis 450

Check what voltage they use

the corsair vengence is 1.2v and the g.skill is 1.65. don't tell me that's going to make problems

That title, though.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

That title, though.

so you're saying i'd better not put them together ??

the corsair vengence is 1.2v and the g.skill is 1.65. don't tell me that's going to make problems

even timing is different

It likely is going to have problems. Could you link the exact RAM modules are you looking at purchasing? 

Signature unda construction... in the meantime. Tell me more about yourself. I'm sure you've got an interesting story.

Two timings will work but it will take the slowest speed for both. Two voltages is a lot less likely to work

6600k, Msi 980, Msi gaming m5, Corsair 8gb ddr4, Raid 0 Samsung 850 evo 250gb,1tb WD Black, Noctis 450

so you're saying i'd better not put them together ??

Putting them together will be fine. I'm guessing English isn't your first language?

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

Putting them together will be fine. I'm guessing English isn't your first language?

yup that's right. i do live in uk but i didn't born there :P