Which x99 mobo? ASUS X99-a vs Gigabyte X99 SLI

Hi, i'm going to be making an x99 build in a few months but i'm torn between these two motherboards. Do any owners have anything they want to share about these motherboard or recommendation? I plan to overclock a little bit around 4.2-4.4 and do some streaming. Thanks for replies.

X-99A, I'm running a 5960X with an all in one water cooler at 4.2 GHz right now, no problems.  Since the X99 pretty much starts out as a premium chipset, the only reason to step to a Deluxe, etc is if you want wifi or other things.  

X-99A, I'm running a 5960X with an all in one water cooler at 4.2 GHz right now, no problems.  Since the X99 pretty much starts out as a premium chipset, the only reason to step to a Deluxe, etc is if you want wifi or other things.  

im suprised all new motherboards dont come with wifi now days, seems an obvious essential to me

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Formuula VIII
  • RAM
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
    256GB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD and 2TB Samsung SSD
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
    Asus Rog Swift pg279q, 165Hz IPS
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
    Mionix Castor (waiting on stock for the G Pro Wireless)
  • Sound
    Asus Xonar Essence stx, Audioengine A5+, Sennheiser HD650

go with asus, they have awesome motherboards with lots of features, and the best UEFI

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

im suprised all new motherboards dont come with wifi now days, seems an obvious essential to me

I find wireless on the board to be somewhat pointless, in that my boards last long enough to see wireless standards come and go.  The Wireless G PCIe card can always be replaced by a card that can do AC, and right now the X-99A board plus TPLink PCI card is cheaper than getting a Deluxe board and it isn't like PCIe lane shortages occur on this chipset.  

Just going to put this out there, had my first motherboard die on me ever and it was the Asus X99 Deluxe. Took my 5930k with it. It always had issues with my corsair memory never wanting to work properly with its xmp profile, and the thing that finished it off was simply running their AI Suite 5 step optimization; locked up and powered off immediately never to power on again. I've always been a fan of asus motherboards but my experience and a lot of others out there from what I've read have not been happy with their x99 lineup.

I own the X99-a, and I can say its a great mobo, I am running my 5820k at 4.4 mhz no problem at all

Hi, i'm going to be making an x99 build in a few months but i'm torn between these two motherboards. Do any owners have anything they want to share about these motherboard or recommendation? I plan to overclock a little bit around 4.2-4.4 and do some streaming. Thanks for replies.

Both motherboards are considered entry-level X99 so you can't expect miracles from either of them. Will they get the job done? Yes, definitely, but if you are looking for some more features and overclocking potential you should step up and get something better. From those two, I think the X99-A is the one to be the one that is a bit more well-made and has better track record when it comes to reliability and general build quality. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here