Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

52 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Made a new version. I think this is the final:

(If Morgan made the Mono... ;) )

ngl, it looks quite amazing :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

we need to bring back wood on cars, I don't know why there isn't more around.

Nice work  ?

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

\

I prefer a darker stain but thats just meeeee

I'm just glad its not another imitation stone loool

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

18 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

I prefer a darker stain but thats just meeeee

I'm just glad its not another imitation stone loool

man, we need someone to make one from brushed stainless steel :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

This is fun

07dfd70a-c7e7-48c8-dd4b-914654580d0d_d64e55ea-288b-4929-be52-7385de711f32.thumb.jpg.35b4f0bdafaa1ed819cc6ae15f4e5da8.jpg07dfd70a-c7e7-48c8-dd4b-914654580d0d_418b4ae9-aafd-49ec-94b0-e10717815e59.thumb.jpg.4413bb0f10b7506002523d7f3840c2a6.jpg

Spoiler

07dfd70a-c7e7-48c8-dd4b-914654580d0d_066525d3-392b-48f6-abd5-78563a9d0f5d.thumb.jpg.bfa93b02f4be2578496eafdf3a3184ce.jpg07dfd70a-c7e7-48c8-dd4b-914654580d0d_ac784bc5-1b4f-40c5-b836-e8b84a36c008.thumb.jpg.254aaac9f0d7e484381b3a85d4f6b977.jpg07dfd70a-c7e7-48c8-dd4b-914654580d0d_b251812d-ead4-4bbf-9a0a-d91d6624bb64.thumb.jpg.e02e4ccf67f016cb52c3bdc8ced0860b.jpg07dfd70a-c7e7-48c8-dd4b-914654580d0d_bdd7ab02-4d04-4f2a-a6fa-e24a325a8b6f.thumb.jpg.c0d299d37c891b084e5240def53b0bb3.jpg07dfd70a-c7e7-48c8-dd4b-914654580d0d_dfb4059b-d7ca-47de-a118-339d4aa5a612.thumb.jpg.4b6b0958435af2abc1fada7713c2ebb2.jpg07dfd70a-c7e7-48c8-dd4b-914654580d0d_96f3f77b-da93-4619-bae8-0884ea027a5d.thumb.jpg.566c90a55cc962e27cd9a2dce7d72bda.jpg

Edit: oh ya this

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

ah waunt eet

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

• 2 weeks later...

IGTC pack is good news, with a 2019 "championship" for the base game soon,

g3zw32n4fym31.png

https://505games.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-the-intercontinental-gt-pack/

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 8/31/2019 at 6:19 PM, MEC-777 said:

We're running the Bac Mono in the next season with PRD. Decided to finally take a stab at creating my own custom livery for PCars2. Turned out pretty much as I anticipated. Simple, but unique. :)

20190831205952_1.thumb.jpg.bf17131016c380ff0c0438db30d070c8.jpg

I actually thought that was Forza and the wood grain they have in there. Although actually looking at it, it seems higher res.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:51 PM, chaozbandit said:

Goals

8B4BB6D3-0B78-4BA9-B893-AE9CB7D64195.png

That's a terrible surround sound setup! The center is pointed right at your crotch and the rears are just... completely wrong.

In other regards, is ACC still just GT/Touring cars? I don't know why they didn't just make AC2. Then again I seem to be the only person more interested in road cars rather than hyper and GT/F1.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

In other regards, is ACC still just GT/Touring cars? I don't know why they didn't just make AC2. Then again I seem to be the only person more interested in road cars rather than hyper and GT/F1.

Yeah it still just GT cars, i don't think they will add normal road cars in the future.

I like ACC but the official GT tracks only makes the game boring really fast for me.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

10 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Yeah it still just GT cars, i don't think they will add normal road cars in the future.

I like ACC but the official GT tracks only makes the game boring really fast for me.

That's what I figured so I never bought in. Is there any mod support at all?

I also like the fact that they pulled a Kunos and were a poster boy of RTX and just decided, nah, nevermind. That's basically false advertising, it was lauded and touted for months as having RTX, and then they just drop it.

#Muricaparrotgang

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

That's what I figured so I never bought in. Is there any mod support at all?

I also like the fact that they pulled a Kunos and were a poster boy of RTX and just decided, nah, nevermind. That's basically false advertising, it was lauded and touted for months as having RTX, and then they just drop it.

No mod support at all. Currently just the Blancpain GT series and its affiliated classes (GT3, GT Cup, possibly GT4 later on) and their respective tracks. New DLC coming down is a welcome additon overall. It would have been a lot of work to go straight to AC2 with all the groundwork that goes into a new engine. This is more akin to GT5 Prologue, or would you rather not have any AC for 2+ years. Mind you the early access period was just as buggy, but I got my $20s worth of value out of it and then some.

They dropped it as a priority item, doesnt mean it wont get implemented later on. Kunos is among the smaller studios that Nvidia was pushing so it's not entirely surprising. A product will always suffer the more it gets into mission/scope creep.

"Our priority is to improve, optimize, and evolve all aspects of ACC. If after our long list of priorities the level of optimization of the title, and the maturity of the technology, permits a full blown implementation of RTX, we will gladly explore the possibility, but as of now there is no reason to steal development resources and time for a very low frame rate implementation," said the developer...

https://www.techpowerup.com/258340/assetto-corsa-competizione-dumps-nvidia-rtx?cp=3

Folding@Home | BOINC

19 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

No mod support at all. Currently just the Blancpain GT series and its affiliated classes (GT3, GT Cup, possibly GT4 later on) and their respective tracks. New DLC coming down is a welcome additon overall. It would have been a lot of work to go straight to AC2 with all the groundwork that goes into a new engine. This is more akin to GT5 Prologue, or would you rather not have any AC for 2+ years. Mind you the early access period was just as buggy, but I got my $20s worth of value out of it and then some.

They dropped it as a priority item, doesnt mean it wont get implemented later on. Kunos is among the smaller studios that Nvidia was pushing so it's not entirely surprising. A product will always suffer the more it gets into mission/scope creep.

https://www.techpowerup.com/258340/assetto-corsa-competizione-dumps-nvidia-rtx?cp=3

It's $45 now. I know the early access was cheaper, but $45 seems steep for what's included. As it is now, I haven't bought ACC because it's only the Blancpain series I don't care about, so it's going to be more than 2 years anyways. And ACC still launched in early access, so it's not unreasonable to assume that AC2 could've taken its place.

Then again, I've also gotten pretty bored with sim racing in general. The community is generally trash and the individual games feel pretty lifeless. I don't know what it is, but when I play Forza on my buddy's Xbox I can do an hour long race or two, but with PC sims I get bored after 15 minutes tops. Ac in particular feels very dead and dated. I might do a lap or two of Nordschleife and maybe some skids around the drift track and then dismantle everything again.

I think a big thing is that Forza feels much more polished in terms of menus and UI, which has nothing to do with team size, and also constantly pushes and encourages you to do faster laps.

#Muricaparrotgang

5 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I think a big thing is that Forza feels much more polished in terms of menus and UI, which has nothing to do with team size, and also constantly pushes and encourages you to do faster laps.

The big thing here is, I can still hop into Forza Motorsport 4 and the general feel of their physics engine feels almost identical as 6A/7, if not better. The big thing they have is the variety of stuff you can do in one title (which shows in Horizon), but when you're allowed the freedom of not needing drastically different models for each make and model your dev team can pour resources into other areas. If you expect a studio to fully embrace the "feast or famine" model of game development, only putting out a fully developed product when they've optimized what that engine has to offer each generation, that studio isn't going to survive very long.

Although how much it really matters at the end of the day is debatable, the devil is really in the details the further you stray away from something like a Forza. Chassis flex, tire deformation and advanced contact patch physics, computational aerodynamics - don't add to the casual who just wants to race, but hey they're there.

To each their own with what title(s) they support. GT racing has been played to death universally across the board, but if you literally can't find anything else in that title that brings you joy then maybe take a break. League racing was fun for me in PC1 and I met a bunch of great people. I did pubs for the majority of the first year of PC2 and that had its ups and downs. ACC was a mix of both over the past 5 years, but I found joy in the quality of some mods.

As it stands now ACC has gotten stale for me but I do the occassional hot lap or simulated weekend, because the overall racing experience is more or less exactly what I want in sprint/endurance racing. I may be biased, because motorsports is a passion for me and I shoot this stuff in real life whenever I get the chance. Me personally, I've enjoyed the offline experience much more than the online in ACC - and when I am racing against the aliens, I like the GT3 cup because that's what I find to be fun.

Folding@Home | BOINC

17 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

The big thing here is, I can still hop into Forza Motorsport 4 and the general feel of their physics engine feels almost identical as 6A/7, if not better. The big thing they have is the variety of stuff you can do in one title (which shows in Horizon), but when you're allowed the freedom of not needing drastically different models for each make and model your dev team can pour resources into other areas. If you expect a studio to fully embrace the "feast or famine" model of game development, only putting out a fully developed product when they've optimized what that engine has to offer each generation, that studio isn't going to survive very long.

Although how much it really matters at the end of the day is debatable, the devil is really in the details the further you stray away from something like a Forza. Chassis flex, tire deformation and advanced contact patch physics, computational aerodynamics - don't add to the casual who just wants to race, but hey they're there.

To each their own with what title(s) they support. GT racing has been played to death universally across the board, but if you literally can't find anything else in that title that brings you joy then maybe take a break. League racing was fun for me in PC1 and I met a bunch of great people. I did pubs for the majority of the first year of PC2 and that had its ups and downs. ACC was a mix of both over the past 5 years, but I found joy in the quality of some mods.

As it stands now ACC has gotten stale for me but I do the occassional hot lap or simulated weekend, because the overall racing experience is more or less exactly what I want in sprint/endurance racing. I may be biased, because motorsports is a passion for me and I shoot this stuff in real life whenever I get the chance. Me personally, I've enjoyed the offline experience much more than the online in ACC - and when I am racing against the aliens, I like the GT3 cup because that's what I find to be fun.

I haven't directly played and compared Forza 4 to Forza 7, but... having them feel pretty similar doesn't seem like an issue. Also, every single car since the XOne release has been completely reworked, where Forza 4 was still using cars from Forza 2. If you think about it, if every big PC sim is "the best" that they all tout to be, then they should all feel pretty much identical.

Even then, while okay, the base car handling is probably pretty similar, I don't know why it would suddenly massively change, they have put in some big changes. There's now an amount of time of day and weather variations as a big one, and they skipped this year's release to theoretically do something really big for Forza 8. I wonder if that's going to push the Horizon series back a year too.

I find it odd that you mention chassis flex etc... because the only game I actively know that does that is BeamNG, which Sim lovers hate. Otherwise various sims will do various bits, but I don't know any that simulate chassis flex. I could be wrong, I'd be interested if you could point me at things. I think AC is supposed to simulate bald spots on tires, but outside of it making a slight vibration on the wheel until it goes away I don't think it really does much else. I know LFS did some pretty neat tire flex and deformation, at least visually.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I haven't directly played and compared Forza 4 to Forza 7, but... having them feel pretty similar doesn't seem like an issue. Also, every single car since the XOne release has been completely reworked, where Forza 4 was still using cars from Forza 2. If you think about it, if every big PC sim is "the best" that they all tout to be, then they should all feel pretty much identical.

Even then, while okay, the base car handling is probably pretty similar, I don't know why it would suddenly massively change, they have put in some big changes. There's now an amount of time of day and weather variations as a big one, and they skipped this year's release to theoretically do something really big for Forza 8. I wonder if that's going to push the Horizon series back a year too.

I find it odd that you mention chassis flex etc... because the only game I actively know that does that is BeamNG, which Sim lovers hate. Otherwise various sims will do various bits, but I don't know any that simulate chassis flex. I could be wrong, I'd be interested if you could point me at things. I think AC is supposed to simulate bald spots on tires, but outside of it making a slight vibration on the wheel until it goes away I don't think it really does much else. I know LFS did some pretty neat tire flex and deformation, at least visually.

Afaik PC, ACC, and supposedly RF2 all simulate side wall flex now. One of my first impressions of ACC was how similar it drove in the early stages to PC2 in terms of chassis loading and feedback, until it suddenly killed you. AC was harder to drive and was a knife edge unless you had a good setup; RF2 is somewhere inbetween all these (still really enjoying the LMP2 and Sebring combo  though). 

Easier to simulate chassis flex on a kart. I believe Kart Racing Pro did it?

automotive industry-standard tyre model
chassis flex simulation
dynamic track surface groove buildup
wet track simulation and dynamic drying
dynamic marbles generation
tyres pickup of marbles, grass and dirt, affecting grip

Not sure what the market share is like between KRP and KartKraft though.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Super late but never too late. 

That price though.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 2 weeks later...

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

Trying to load 397 Nords but ran out of VRAM. Feelsbadman. 

TfMGOXF.png

Just now, chaozbandit said:

that quite accurately sums up about how nearly most iracing races start