Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

A193972_medium.jpg

A193974_medium.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Got bored, made some 140mm fan grills

image.thumb.png.6b1b3d9b856b8be47db27e3fbf5969e1.png

Hashed out the last of the button box earlier in the week but never got around to pushing out a preview. No intention of printing it out anytime soon but was fun messing around with the potential of mx keys. If it wasnt for the need for a usb encoder the enclosure could be a lot more compact, and even more so if you swapped out momentary buttons for the inputs. Theres only so much you can do with 12 open slots before you go into a full 32 input board, but then you start diving into the full sized buttom boxes you see on center consoles.

image.thumb.png.093c7b6f86d8a48a506b69a0301d6841.png

preview.jpg

32bt controllers.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/formula-rss-3-v6.26726/

__custom_showroom_1557497247-jpg.305129__custom_showroom_1557497169-jpg.305128

Wow this car is so much fun. Dare I say, more fun than the dallara f317. Both have top physics.

Folding@Home | BOINC

• 2 weeks later...

Folding@Home | BOINC

6 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

wait ... its the good old GRID games making a comeback? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

wait ... its the good old GRID games making a comeback? 

Nah doesn't look like Feral worked on this one, so it's purely Codies. I ended up really liking 2 and Autosport despite their arcadey feel. New racecars are always welcome but doesn't feel like it drives quite right. Still excited though. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Nah doesn't look like Feral worked on this one, so it's purely Codies. I ended up really liking 2 and Autosport despite their arcadey feel. New racecars are always welcome but doesn't feel like it drives quite right. Still excited though. 

i really liked the GRID series ... grid 1 is still quite a favorite for the crashes 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i really liked the GRID series ... grid 1 is still quite a favorite for the crashes 

I liked Grid 2 because it had split screen local play and I could run it on my laptop. Paired two PS3 controllers to it and had a blast whenever I was at a friends house.

Folding@Home | BOINC

38 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I liked Grid 2 because it had split screen local play and I could run it on my laptop. Paired two PS3 controllers to it and had a blast whenever I was at a friends house.

if i remember correctly i could run GRID 1 on a pentium 4 and ati 1650 .... 

Folding@Home | BOINC

It's time

image.png.7ffdc91594f9ae441a4cb1686f6a6ac9.png

DSC_3083.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

SO MUCH FUN. For anyone who was playing PC2 for the GT3 stuff already, ACC is definitely a worthwhile investment - especially on the audio front, since the porsches actually sound proper now. Driving dynamics, at least on the gamepad, are close enough to EA that I dont think there are any major changes but I havent done that much  testing yet. Steam VR seems borked more than before, and I got some odd crashing that still doesnt seem to be fixed as shown above.

I am ecstatic that theres a 991.2 cup car in the game now as I loved driving the 991.1 car in AC, although I cant be sure for certain if any of the underlying mechanical upgrades have been made (although IIRC those were mostly for longevity and reliability over a season). Drives very similar, sounds very similar, love it as much if not more. If you want a comparison to real life cup cars I went to a race recently and clipped them.

Naturally given there are Porsches in the game now, I went straight for the GT3R after the cup. Did only the one session shown here but plenty more room to grow into than in the PC2 variant. The in car menu is a handy addition to mess around with the electronics. Overall less difficult to drive compared to AC, and you could comfortably lap consistently as the consumables burn off. Not sure if it was as apparent in the early access but you could definitely notice when your car was bottoming out and in some instances sparking. Death wobble seems to be gone as far as I can tell.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Podium hub released, but still no new Porsche rim in sight. 

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/podium-steering-wheel-r300-1258.html

image.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

15 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Podium hub released, but still no new Porsche rim in sight. 

https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/steering-wheels/podium-steering-wheel-r300-1258.html

i need moar money.... the podium shit is so expensive :( 

Had a go in the NSX. Really good fun, probably as drivable as the GTR though it tends to lean on the assists more. Need to really get that nose turned in or else you'll be hit with chronic understeer. Rear end doesnt step out as much as the 911 with TC off. Speaking of, the AMG GT3 is stupid easy to drive. Carries speed very easily and sticks like nothing else in low speed corners. Just never feels like it has the torque of the bentley and lacks top speed a bit, as it does seem to be geared long. The RCF sounds like a dream but it really is nowhere in pace, struggle to get within 1 second of the other cars but overall easy to drive being FR and NA. Very hard to upset the balance.

20190530113109_1.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

29 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Had a go in the NSX. Really good fun, probably as drivable as the GTR though it tends to lean on the assists more. Need to really get that nose turned in or else you'll be hit with chronic understeer. Rear end doesnt step out as much as the 911 with TC off. Speaking of, the AMG GT3 is stupid easy to drive. Carries speed very easily and sticks like nothing else in low speed corners. Just never feels like it has the torque of the bentley and lacks top speed a bit, as it does seem to be geared long. The RCF sounds like a dream but it really is nowhere in pace, struggle to get within 1 second of the other cars but overall easy to drive being FR and NA. Very hard to upset the balance.

so is ACC a good improvement over AC ? 

6 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

so is ACC a good improvement over AC ? 

If you can live with only having European tracks and gt3 cars, sure. AC still has a lot to deliver if you want other categories but more importantly modded tracks. Still in love with my home track of CTMP over there and a bunch of road cars. 

For now ACC has a decent enough cup car to keep me away from iracing. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

39 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

If you can live with only having European tracks and gt3 cars, sure. AC still has a lot to deliver if you want other categories but more importantly modded tracks. Still in love with my home track of CTMP over there and a bunch of road cars. 

For now ACC has a decent enough cup car to keep me away from iracing. 

My local track if you want to try it (dont know how good the mod is but looks quite well done) https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bikernieki-race-track.17186/

Also talking about iRacing ... i stopped cause i couldnt afford it ... but a buddy of mine is saying that the higher ranks are just pure toxicity fest now 

31 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

My local track if you want to try it (dont know how good the mod is but looks quite well done) https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bikernieki-race-track.17186/

Also talking about iRacing ... i stopped cause i couldnt afford it ... but a buddy of mine is saying that the higher ranks are just pure toxicity fest now 

Actualyl this is technically my home track too baha

Folding@Home | BOINC

What a hot mess

GM decided to have a public lobby in ACC, and turns out nobody knows how to drive on a damp track. Theres some weird medium speed twitchiness going on even on a gamepad, although I somehow managed to catch it most times. People getting thrown off because of hydroplaning is fun to watch.

Oh and apparently you can get flat tires if you abuse curbs.

Folding@Home | BOINC

VR is still so so broken but that was fun.

20190601202621_1.jpg

The aliens are doing 2:16s and I'm here struggling to do 2:24s (on a gamepad)

Folding@Home | BOINC

20190606132434_1.jpg

Edit 1: having a riot trolling people in the 911 Cup

20190606191836_1.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

This was legitimately really fun. Granted Im still on a gamepad and not trying to be competitive, not that the cup car really is, but its hilarious going from the back of the grid to fighting for third. Turns out people dont know how to drive at night and those who havent crashed or pitted for fear of driving on cold tires slowed to a crawl. Most that were still running dropped right down to 1:24s which is right where the 911 Cup sits so I had them on any straight but they got me through sector 2 and 3.

Raidillon claimed many a car.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

Not directly related to simracing but shedboi Jimmers bought Jann's GTR!! It must be fairly recent because Jann's 456 had a window broken into not that long ago, but otherwise I didn't know he was selling his most recent R32. This one is heavily kitted in JDM goodies including Mine's suspension and internals, and rare oddities like a Kakimoto exhaust which is rare outside of Japan - guess it helps than Jann primarily races in Super GT then. He did have a black R32 previously but it was sold a while back.  Nope this appears to be the same GTR he first bought when he signed onto the GT500 program with Team Impul. Good stuff then Jann.

It would appear Jann's had this car since at least the second half of 2018.

And it appears he was still keen on ownership up until the end of May.

Folding@Home | BOINC