Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

PC2 IS LIVE, GOOD LUCK BOYS AND GRIL

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

So far so good. Gsmepad controls are pretty decent in the slow stuff. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

So far so good. Gsmepad controls are pretty decent in the slow stuff. 

played about an hour of just Nordschleife laps in different cars. 

Started on street cars... didn't mess with config at all. 

I think the tire screech noise is too hyper sensitive. Cant recall ever screeching tires so much IRL lol. But from the initial first play of the game I noticed the force feedback felt a lot better than out-of-the-box pCars 1. 

I also noticed I feel far more "in control" of just about every car. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. But everything that happens to the car physics wise seems natural -- and what I expect it to be. 

Then I got in the ferrari 488 gt3 car figuring they probably focused on the race cars anyway and the street cars are just there for fun. 
]AND HOLY COW it felt sooooo good to be driving that car. Can't explain it. Felt so connected to it. Immediately was putting down lap times in the low-7's around the ring. Not even an hour into the game. As far as I can tell... great job on their part on that!

The game is extremely well optimized. I maxed out everything (but had vsync on) except MSAA, which I left on medium (im about to try turning that up too!) and it held solid at 59/60 fps. Never saw or noticed a single dip. So the performance is actually better than pcars 1 lol
      - mildy dissapointed on that though... I feel like the game should of been crazy beautiful (it already is.. maybe we can't do much better?) and really hard to run at maximum settings.

Overall... Great experience. Lots of fun. I want to try multiplayer but im nervous about running into people who crash into me lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The ice course seems like a joke btw.... waaaaaaaay to grippy

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

EZ

ss232040.thumb.jpg.53a3b6a1b5cd94b40ce29f53ef79cd9e.jpg

Now I can get rid of these shit box Formula 1600 cars.

ss231835.thumb.jpg.31a20c803cbb3bec0c6c95be7679ad68.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

no Ariel Atom..

im done. returning the game

/s

Spoiler

So I can match the AI well enough in the g550 junior but whenever it's a track I don't like or its raining they  turn into bloody rocketship 

Folding@Home | BOINC

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

played about an hour of just Nordschleife laps in different cars. 

Started on street cars... didn't mess with config at all. 

I think the tire screech noise is too hyper sensitive. Cant recall ever screeching tires so much IRL lol. But from the initial first play of the game I noticed the force feedback felt a lot better than out-of-the-box pCars 1. 

I also noticed I feel far more "in control" of just about every car. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. But everything that happens to the car physics wise seems natural -- and what I expect it to be. 

Then I got in the ferrari 488 gt3 car figuring they probably focused on the race cars anyway and the street cars are just there for fun. 
]AND HOLY COW it felt sooooo good to be driving that car. Can't explain it. Felt so connected to it. Immediately was putting down lap times in the low-7's around the ring. Not even an hour into the game. As far as I can tell... great job on their part on that!

The game is extremely well optimized. I maxed out everything (but had vsync on) except MSAA, which I left on medium (im about to try turning that up too!) and it held solid at 59/60 fps. Never saw or noticed a single dip. So the performance is actually better than pcars 1 lol
      - mildy dissapointed on that though... I feel like the game should of been crazy beautiful (it already is.. maybe we can't do much better?) and really hard to run at maximum settings.

Overall... Great experience. Lots of fun. I want to try multiplayer but im nervous about running into people who crash into me lol

You can adjust the screech volume, it's a bit oversensitive because of gamepad players. They do not have as much feedback as the wheel users and thus the extra screech is a method of warning them about it. Will see if there's the possibility of adjusting this depending on the type of controller used.

Also FWIW all season tires screech a lot more than normal slicks

Folding@Home | BOINC

just got my first media the g40 junior the, was tempted to go karts but not tried the ginetta in any game yet so went for that. Controller....controls are nice actually, had to pack up the wheel since im moving back to uni so controller session.....yay(i think)

Everything was fun 

BUT

ONE FUCKING GLITCH

ok so lets take knockhill for example(i think it was that) the world record is 1:13.00 around there. I was getting around low 1:16 with my g40, ai was around that at 65%. Ok im fourth in quali great I have four minutes left i cant be bothered to wait, skip quali.

oh im last. 

oh

OH

WAIT 

WHAT

the 11 other cars were getting low 1:11s and the top guys got mid 1:10s. what the shit

The issue was this was consistent, they kept being crazy fast for no reason, you could skip with 10 seconds left and they suddenly go full stefan bellof and go around nords in 6minutes with a bloody ginetta g40 with 90bhp. 

yeah other then that its great

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

@brownninja97 ayrton Senna syndrome has been pretty well documented since the press build went live haha

Folding@Home | BOINC

Project Cars is awesome.... Played for like 45 minutes and did the kart races... damn..

CanTauSces: x5675 4.57ghz ~ 24GB 2133mhz CL10 Corsair Platinum ~ MSI X58 BIG BANG ~ AMD RADEON R9 Fury Nitro 1155mhz ~ 2x Velociraptor 1TB RAID 0 ~ 960GB x3 Crucial SSD ~ Creative SB Audigy FX ~ Corsair RM series 850 watts ~ Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440.

58 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@brownninja97 ayrton Senna syndrome has been pretty well documented since the press build went live haha

that said --- the multiplayer racing is like, perfect. 

Will have to give it a month or two for everyone to get the license they deserve but I think it'll be possible to hop into random games now and actually have good racing.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

that said --- the multiplayer racing is like, perfect. 

Will have to give it a month or two for everyone to get the license they deserve but I think it'll be possible to hop into random games now and actually have good racing.

Maybe they intentionally programmed aggressive AI to condition players for what they expect online

Because if all your lobbies look like this, then it becomes the norm

ss084329.thumb.jpg.d5e2c5edd93419efe85dea847daa68c7.jpg

But in all seriousness the Cayman GT4 CS-MR is ridiculously good fun on the pad. Its a bit of an aneurysm playing above the default difficulty because they have a strong tendency to ram into each other.

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 minutes ago, The Owl said:

Was that the AI hitting you or the other way around ? :o

Neither, it's the AI ramming each other into the corner entry, one going wide into the gravel and spinning then coming back on track only to get rammed again by a different car. End result is cars get flung up into the air pretty easily.

With the Formula Rookie, all you need to do is touch wheels and cars start flying - particularly under braking, where its possible to entirely submarine below the car in front of you.

Folding@Home | BOINC

I never want to see a formula rookie ever again

Folding@Home | BOINC

f17dc598112b544a04d681cfe760b39c.png

Great news for me, my isseu with the pcars1 dlc was that it was too small

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

So Project Cars is CPU heavy?

Seeing FPS drops even on 480P...

75hz drops to 68 FPS every now and then and the screen looks a bit jerky.

CanTauSces: x5675 4.57ghz ~ 24GB 2133mhz CL10 Corsair Platinum ~ MSI X58 BIG BANG ~ AMD RADEON R9 Fury Nitro 1155mhz ~ 2x Velociraptor 1TB RAID 0 ~ 960GB x3 Crucial SSD ~ Creative SB Audigy FX ~ Corsair RM series 850 watts ~ Dell U2715H 27" 2560x1440.

3 hours ago, Potato*Salad said:

So Project Cars is CPU heavy?

Seeing FPS drops even on 480P...

75hz drops to 68 FPS every now and then and the screen looks a bit jerky.

I'm locked 60fps but there is some stuttering although not shown on MSI Afterburner. Pretty weird.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I haven't had a single problem (yet)

3570k@4.3/gtx970. 1440p too. Just 60hz.

max settings!

Spoiler

So while PC2 does run on a 4710hq and gtx 850m, I'd highly recommend against it. Although surprisingly it can handle 1080p medium pretty well its just the CPU stutters under load every few seconds.

Kudos to SMS for sorting out the account sync tho. Profiles updated correctly with game settings specific to machine.

Folding@Home | BOINC