Shooting at Umpqua Community College

ObeseWalrus
Shot them because of their religion and no mention of a hate crime by the media

Wonder why...

Damn, that's not good, why is it always places of education that are targeted? At least the gunman was stopped before more were harmed or he could make a getaway.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

You hear that....... SHHHHH....

thats the sound of Fox news misleading people and calling it a muslim terrorist attack .

bad and sad news from fox news is good news for there profits , thanks fox news , for making donald drup a thing .

anyway , i hope the same situation wont happen like the one in finnland .

Rest in peace and my god have mercy on those souls so thow shall see paradice.

(⌐■_■) 

You hear that....... SHHHHH....

thats the sound of Fox news misleading people and calling it a muslim terrorist attack .

bad and sad news from fox news is good news for there profits , thanks fox news , for making donald drup a thing .

anyway , i hope the same situation wont happen like the one in finnland .

Rest in peace and my god have mercy on those souls so thow shall see paradice.

you just described every major, and minor, media outlet in the united states.  People harp on Fox news but in reality there are others just as bad as them, some even worse, about that stuff.  I'm no fan of fox but to pretend the other outlets are somehow better is naïve

Some of the posts in this thread are pretty disgusting, especially the quick knee jerk reactions to the wrong suspect.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Its not far from me. No real close though.

its about a 2 hour drive for me. luckily i dont know anybody that goes there(and that it wasnt at pcc).

my thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by this tragic incident.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

you just described every major, and minor, media outlet in the united states. People harp on Fox news but in reality there are others just as bad as them, some even worse, about that stuff. I'm no fan of fox but to pretend the other outlets are somehow better is naïve

I can't watch US media because of this.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I can't watch US media because of this.

Depending on the subject matter being covered a lot of times I usually just stick with foreign news outlets.

Their accuracy is better and they don't sensationalize to nearly the same extent as American outlets.

When it comes to stuff like "this politician introduced this bad or good legislation and should be hated or heralded"  type of articles I just read the legislation for myself and form my own opinion. 

The problem with people like this is that they could actually be very normal or appear really normal and hide their true nature. As long as you keep pretending to fake something or fake to be ok people will believe you.

As for taking away guns and stuff like that. Well there is a reason for having the right to bear arms in the U.S it's for in any case if the government turns on us we have a fighting chance of fighting the government if they decide to go corrupt and use soldiers.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

What ? No post about gun control ? 

Obligatory B8

It's because of your guns everywhere redneck mentality

B-But muh constitutional rights

I haz right to carry a weapons bcuz rights hrr gnn burgers n' processed cheese 

inb4 the us has the most school shootings in the world

inb4 crazy ass people can buy weapons without background checks

Australia got it right

ajnKe7Q_460s_v1.jpg

This is why gun control needs to be a thing. In a perfect world, this wouldn't happen and guns would be great to  have, but it's shit like this that makes America look fucking stupid.

I haven't heard anything of it yet. Here in Finland.. So my condolences for the town and it's people. 

Failure is not an option!

This is why gun control needs to be a thing. In a perfect world, this wouldn't happen and guns would be great to  have, but it's shit like this that makes America look fucking stupid.

Actually "gun" control is a thing already here in the states. A lot of folks, especially outside of the US but also within, are misinformed as to what is and isn't required under federal laws for purchasing and owning firearms.

On top of the federal laws many states have added additional layers of requirements, but none of the states are allowed to remove layers put in place by the federal government.

If you have specific questions on gun laws in the US i can help provide information. 

Actually "gun" control is a thing already here in the states. A lot of folks, especially outside of the US but also within, are misinformed as to what is and isn't required under federal laws for purchasing and owning firearms.

On top of the federal laws many states have added additional layers of requirements, but none of the states are allowed to remove layers put in place by the federal government.

If you have specific questions on gun laws in the US i can help provide information. 

Do these layers of requirement include some forms of background checks ? Do someone actually checks before selling a firearm to a potential mentally unstable terrorist ?

Do these layers of requirement include some forms of background checks ? Do someone actually checks before selling a firearm to a potential mentally unstable terrorist ?

Yes and Yes/Sorta

In order to sell firearms as a business you have to have a license from the federal government, specifically the BATFE aka ATF.  

Federal law requires anytime a firearm is sold by a licensee they MUST conduct a background check on the purchaser.  Generally speaking this involves the buyer to fill out form 4473, show 2 forms of government issue ID, one of which has to have a Photo, and then their information is checked against the FBI NICS system, or a state system which will include the NICS database.

The background check yields one of three outcomes.  Approved, disproved, or delayed.  Delays are generally done when they need to look into the persons record a bit more, sometimes its an issue of it being a very common name.

The exception to this requirment is when the buyer is also a licensed dealer; at which point the seller takes a copy of the buyer's FFL (Federal firearms license) and then contacts the ATF to authenticate it.

To your second question.

People who are going through psychiatric care who are deemed to be a danger to themselves and others are SUPPOSED to have their names sent to law enforcement so they can be entered into the applicable databases and thus moved to the disproved list.  Unfortunately this doesn't always happen.  The VA tech killer as well as the Aurora, CO killer both were in treatment, and deemed to be dangerous, but their information was never sent and thus their background checks were approved. 

Something to note is that under federal law you can purchase/sell a firearm between non-licensed persons without going through a background check. for example if my neighbor had a gun they were selling and i were to purchase it we would not have to bother with a background check. Although its a good idea to keep a record of it. 

There are two exceptions to this rule.

1. If the transaction occurs across state lines then the seller must send the firearm to a license dealer who will then conduct the "transfer" which must include the background check.

2. Some states have added "universal" background check laws that require any and all firearms sales, even between regular citizens, to go through background checks.  Oregon is one such state.

If you have other questions i will answer them the best i can. 

The gun was ivented a thousand years ago. SSRI's were invented shortly before the first school shootings started. Gee I wonder what we should limit?

Germany banned guns in the 1930's, it worked, just ask the Jews. The Swiss, by law, mandate every household has a fully automatic battle rifle with 500 rounds of ammo. It is also the only country on the European continent not invaded in WW2. A would rather be an armed citizen in the US then a subject in the other 150 odd hellholes on the planet. There has NEVER been a shooting at Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops or Gander Mountain. And there never will be.

Australia got it right

Also you forgot how common stabbings are lul.

Bahaha!!! 

Happened like a day ago in Aus and he is only 15, if people want guns they will get them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SfkmeM4DSQ

Edit: Another shooting, this time not related to Terrorism lol

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/reports-of-shooting-at-clayfield-shopping-centre-20151006-gk2at4.html

Also about a year ago a guy shot his family and himself so 6 i think all up idk if that is classed as a massacre in your eyes or not.

Snip

That was actually really informative thank you for that