Deus Ex "Augment Your Pre-order" Scheme Canceled

EChondo

Source: https://www.deusex.com/news/aypo-cancelled

fLjQzSU.png

At both Square Enix and Eidos-Montreal, we've been listening to everything you've had to say about the Augment Your Pre-Order program. When it was first conceived, we wanted the program to give you more choice about what you received in terms of pre-order incentives - because we've seen in the past that when we choose those packages ourselves, and split them across regions, it has caused frustration. We quickly noticed that this approach created even more frustration than before, resulting in a resounding amount of negative feedback.

We've spent a lot of time reading through all of your comments, working to understand how we can try to make things right for you. After much thought and reflection, we decided to close down the program and make all of the incentive content available to anyone who pre-orders Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or purchases a Day 1 edition of the game. Additionally, the release date will no longer be changed in accordance with pre-order numbers, and everyone will gain access to the game on February 23rd, 2016.

Your feedback and input is of the utmost importance to us-- as it's your loyalty and passion for our franchises that gives us the opportunity to continue providing you with great gaming experiences.

To our faithful fans who've already pre-ordered: we will be taking care of everything necessary to ensure that all of the changes to the program will be automatically applied to your purchase. Meanwhile, we'd like to thank everybody for their feedback - we know this wouldn't have happened with a game nobody cared about, and we're just focusing now on delivering a game that lives up to your hopes and expectations.

Thanks for your support!

Well damn, I thought they would stick this out and ignore everyone complaining. This was a pretty stupid pre-order scheme though and I'm glad it has been canceled.

One part sticks out to me though;

we've seen in the past that when we choose those packages ourselves, and split them across regions, it has caused frustration.

Then why don't you STOP SPLITTING THEM ACROSS REGIONS!? What did you think would happen when you give us some stupid artificial choice/limit to make ourselves and still not get everything available in the pre-order?

I really do not understand how the thought of this system was brought to the higher ups, approved, and then sent out without considering the backlash. They know what we hate about pre-orders and then they amplified it, so why didn't they just fix what was wrong in the first place? It's not rocket science.

*Edit 1, fixed up some spelling/grammar, added TB's old video about this in case some people didn't know about this or forgot.
*Edit 2, created a text version of the image in a spoiler. I can't highlight and copy the text so I typed it out in case someone can't load the image and updated the image to a more clearer one.

Well shit, this was pretty low on my list of things that I thought would happen. Guess I can put the game back on my radar, in the hope that this whole pre order nonsense was the only thing they fucked up about the game.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Fucking shit, I did not expect this at all.

I'm going to buy the game just because of this.

It still doesnt address the fact that you still get rewards for pre-ordering, but I guess you could call this a win anyways as some people like the pre-order bonuses ect..

I haven't seen worse like/dislike ratio in any video in youtube. Lets hope it will be a lesson for square and other companies.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

It still doesnt address the fact that you still get rewards for pre-ordering, but I guess you could call this a win anyways as some people like the pre-order bonuses ect..

Yup, which is my only problem with pre-orders. I really don't get why they can't just put this content in the game to begin with. If they want to make incentives to pre-order, well that only makes me want to not pre-order it even more and wait for a sale on the game.

But hey, looks like they learned that this was a horrible idea, now let's hope the whole video game industry stops with this pre-order incentive crap as well.

STOP. FUCKING. PREORDERING

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Well , this is the best news this month . I might actually buy on day1 ( after watching some reviews of course )

WE DID IT REDDIT!

wait wrong forum.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

STOP. FUCKING. PREORDERING

Simple solution:

STOP. PREORDERING.GAMES.

Did... did you two read the OP?

This isn't a thread to say "stop pre-ordering games" on.

Did... did you two read the OP?

This isn't a thread to say "stop pre-ordering games" on.

Yes I read it. This is a thread about something people didn't like about pre-order bonuses. And as I said, the simple solution is for everyone to stop pre-ordering.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They tried something new and people didn't like it. Kudos to Eidos for listening to the feedbacks (or their wallets)

dd2646280789b276751372b85270cc11.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

How long till they will come up with the next rip off attempts?

I dont believe any of this "honest" feedback reactions.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Pre-order campaigns will never stop at this point but at least developers can see this and think twice about grand schemes.

well gosh darn i hope this inspires the rest of the industry to follow suit. I finally feel like i have a say in what happens! next down with the DLC! (also i call this is gunna be on wan i can smell it)

:wub: hey

After much thought and reflection, we decided to close down the program and make all of the incentive content available to anyone who pre-orders Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or purchases a Day 1 edition of the game

I'm still reading that there may be content locked to people who don't pre-order or buy a Day 1 Edition.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

The extra content is still only available to those who pre order or buy a day 1 copy. So they can still get fucked.

Edit: 

I'm still reading that there may be content locked to people who don't pre-order or buy a Day 1 Edition.

Just beat me to the punch.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The extra content is still only available to those who pre order or buy a day 1 copy. So they can still get fucked.

Edit: 

Just beat me to the punch.

So if you want that extra content you have to pre order. Don't want to pre order? Well then don't get the bonusses. I really don't see the issue. It's added content, most of which is not ingame content, and the stuff that is, is usually obtainable in the game without pre ordering (like In Deus Ex Human Revolution).

A lot of people seems to suffer from propositional fallacies in their assumption that pre order stuff has been removed from the main game, instead of being added for pre order.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Good now make it free and we can hug and make up 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

I don't care. The very fact that they went through with their primal urge of a crappy idea in the first place already put them on my 5-years-of-perfect-behavior-until-I-buy-anything-from-you-again list.

Though it should be mentioned that Squeenix were always hovering very close to that list even before this.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I don't care. The very fact that they went through with their primal urge of a crappy idea in the first place already put them on my 5-years-of-perfect-behavior-until-I-buy-anything-from-you-again list.

Though it should be mentioned that Squeenix were always hovering very close to that list even before this.

You can literally never buy a AAA game with that demand. Even Valve has done similar things.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro