Do you superhumans actually see past 60-70 fps?

Ramontes
Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

Take your 60fps/60hz, make your game play at 50fps on your 60hz panel (Limit FPS if need be)

This is what (for ME) 60fps/hz feels like after playing with 120hz for hours and hours....that plus the INPUT for the mouse @ 120hz, certainly feels a LOT smoother in 'typical' super fast paced games. A worthy point, super noticeable.

The First time EVER, playing on my mates 120hz (triple screen) Titanfall/BF4... over 9 hours, with (Due to 780Ti SLI) 120fps MINIMUM FPS locked. (Reduced Settings to suit for more FPS (Higher Minimums)

Go back home to 60hz... it's easy to notice it then...what a horrible experience the first 10mins felt like until I got used to the lower refresh again.

Really is a night and day experience 60>120hz, and I'd say MOST could feel/tell the difference (Especially with extended gametime @ 120-144hz)

Went back the next weekend, switching between his triple 120hz and the other 60hz he has for the lanbox, super noticeable.

I've only had a few days (separately) to experience it, and its a difference that begs the question..

Is it worth it..

YES, FPS gaming, the perceived smoothness is ROCK solid, better in every way, could not fault it (bar the required Higher Minimums that I'd prefer)

Can't speak for other gametypes/genre's.

All my moniters or well... tv screens have a 60hz refresh rate and i will be picking up a 144hz monitor later in the future for 1440p very likely however im questioning whether i should go for a second 980ti for that "wow" factor or pushing demanding games around 80+ fps with sli, but i dont know if i will even see the difference i mean the difference between 30 and 60 is very clear but past 60/70 id imagine it be something that you notice when paying very close attention to detail like the differences between high game settings and ultra so my question for you is, do you really notice the difference at these high framerates or are you just enjoying the fact that the fps counter is super high.

90 should make a difference. 120hz as well. But pushing past 90 even with SLI 980ti is though or on a tiny resolution. I say settle for 90hz

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm a lot of them think they do.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

I notice a big difference when I drop under 80 after using my 144hz monitor for a few months now, in some games it's more noticeable than others though.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I am actually a cyborg not a superhuman but the difference is noticeable especially over time and when you switch back to 60hz to compare. 

Take your 60fps/60hz, make your game play at 50fps on your 60hz panel (Limit FPS if need be)

This is what (for ME) 60fps/hz feels like after playing with 120hz for hours and hours....that plus the INPUT for the mouse @ 120hz, certainly feels a LOT smoother in 'typical' super fast paced games. A worthy point, super noticeable.

The First time EVER, playing on my mates 120hz (triple screen) Titanfall/BF4... over 9 hours, with (Due to 780Ti SLI) 120fps MINIMUM FPS locked. (Reduced Settings to suit for more FPS (Higher Minimums)

Go back home to 60hz... it's easy to notice it then...what a horrible experience the first 10mins felt like until I got used to the lower refresh again.

Really is a night and day experience 60>120hz, and I'd say MOST could feel/tell the difference (Especially with extended gametime @ 120-144hz)

Went back the next weekend, switching between his triple 120hz and the other 60hz he has for the lanbox, super noticeable.

I've only had a few days (separately) to experience it, and its a difference that begs the question..

Is it worth it..

YES, FPS gaming, the perceived smoothness is ROCK solid, better in every way, could not fault it (bar the required Higher Minimums that I'd prefer)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Is it worth it..

i suppose that makes sense kind of that idea that you dont know how bad your situation is til you see one better like i was entirely fine with hard drives before until i helped my friend build his pc with ssd's, damn... that speed was incredible.so i picked one up but am still in the habbit of turning on my pc and walking away for a couple minutes for it to boot which kind of breaks the purpose of the ssd

90 should make a difference. 120hz as well. But pushing past 90 even with SLI 980ti is though or on a tiny resolution. I say settle for 90hz

yeah im still kinda debating in picking a 27" 1080p g sync ips monitor(if those even exist) or waiting for the asus pg279q 1440p g sync, obviously i wondnt consider sli'ing a 980ti for 1080 and i know 1 of these gpu should hold fine in 1440 but not that insane framerate in demanding games if you were to sli and turn up anti aliasing a little

When I play cs go and it's running at 300 fps and it drops to like 80-100 I really notice it, it's like when a game running at 60 fps drops to 11 FPS

yeah im still kinda debating in picking a 27" 1080p g sync ips monitor(if those even exist) or waiting for the asus pg279q 1440p g sync, obviously i wondnt consider sli'ing a 980ti for 1080 and i know 1 of these gpu should hold fine in 1440 but not that insane framerate in demanding games if you were to sli and turn up anti aliasing a little

Gsync and 1440p is the way to go, that way everything is smooth at any framerate instead of jumping 60 to 90 to 120 etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Linus can do it, but most average gamers can't

I saw a huge difference from 60 to 75hz.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

Easily.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

well by the looks of it everyone is reccomending going for a higher fps so ill probably end up sli'ing the cards whenever i decide to go for a custom loop

Mostly people with poor vision or just never used a higher refresh say it's not noticeable.

It's day and night.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

it probably is noticeable in direct comparison but when playing for an elongated period of time on either method it probably doesnt mean much

It's huge.. and that's just a 15hz jump.

The human eye is capable of seeing 240fps.

Some people are not able to discern the difference but in other cases there are some that can. On average most people can detect up to 120-160 fps.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

this was one of the superhumans i was talking about

To be fair, I had to get a balance patch...

My eyeSIGHT is pisspoor. I'm nearsighted & sunlight hurts.

BUT, I guess that's an alright tradeoff for really fast eyes and epic nightvision...

To be fair, I had to get a balance patch...

My eyeSIGHT is pisspoor. I'm nearsighted & sunlight hurts.

BUT, I guess that's an alright tradeoff for really fast eyes and epic nightvision...

I have 20/20 vision, decent night vision, can see things really far off, even written things, and i can perceive much higher refresh rates, things get tough for my eyes when it's around 20cm close to my eyes, eyes strain and become blurred.

I guess it depends on the person.