Why attack Linus and LMG?

Pooherino ツ

So let me preface this post by telling a story. I finished season 5 of Game of Thrones last night. And in one of the episode, the ex-queen, Cersei Lannister got thrown in jail for inbreeding by some stupid religion people. I thought to myself, why? if u gonna prosecute this person, why don't u go to every single house in the city and prosecute every sinners. Its so unfair. Anyways the point of the story is that why nunya bus attack Linus? Just because he is the popular among the community, doesn't mean that he is the only one getting paid to do things. If u want commercial free content why dont u go watch television, oh wait, theres even more commercial on there, watching a 30mins episode of my fav tv show, but have to sit thru 1hr of commercial time. Why don't you go attack those people.

Sure he puts ad on his videos. Sure he get paid for reviews. But why does that matter to you? Are u fucking paying him? Are u paying for his house? his car? the food on his table? You're watching his vids for free and you take it for granted. Why do u think he keeps doing what he's doing? Why doesn't he just take a job from 9-5 and not be bothered by you, because money keeps his company going. I've read these two posts and I'm so angry at this kid that I have to write this post.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/443860-deceptive-reviews-and-shoddy-advertisement-practices-being-cracked-down-on-in-youtube-re-machinimaxbox-1/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/458776-canadian-advertisings-response-to-my-complaint-about-linuss-paid-reviews/

As for false advertising go. Here's a picture to look at.

http://imgur.com/DINXs7Q

Not saying that Linus false advertise in his videos. Most of his reviews I think is pretty legit, and comes from his own experience on the product.

There's a computer shop around the corner from my house, and they scam people all the time, should the police arrest them too? Or maybe you or someone in your family has done something wrong. Have you report that to the gov? If yes, then good for you, but probably not. You know why? cus people dont shit where they eat.

The conclusion to this is why do you care? If you dont like his vids, then fuck off.

. . .wat? Both Linus and the rest of the team are in a position where they can do poor reviews; the companies send them stuff so he can review them, not so he can lie. If that means poor reviews, then so be it. All the ads they run are ones they endorse and have opinions on.

@LinusTech / @Slick?

I'm expecting that a Level 100 Linus will spawn here. :P

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

. . .wat? Both Linus and the rest of the team are in a position where they can do poor reviews; the companies send them stuff so he can review them, not so he can lie. If that means poor reviews, then so be it.

@LinusTech / @Slick?

thats exactly my point. But nunya bus, idk how to tag him, says that he get paid to say good things on products. Yes he does get paid but he gives his own opinion

thats exactly my point. But nunya bus, idk how to tag him, says that he get paid to say good things on products. Yes he does get paid but he gives his own opinion

Of course they get paid; by their sponsors, YouTube, and Vessel for creating contents regarding products. Some companies will pay them to get their content out on a certain schedule to build hype, or have some good reviews on the day of release; but not for good reviews. Linus dropped an entire sponsor a while back, but he didn't say why. A good guess would be he no longer agreed with what he was advertising.

They wouldn't accept sponsorships if they didn't agree with what they were advertising.

It's probably better to not tag him.

If you want to talk to this person send him a private message.

Anyways, we are all humans. And as a human you should know that we are a terrible species.

The sad thing is that they do tell us if they recieved a unit from a company and those people don't realize it. Thier scripts flow really well so you don't really notice it.

On a recent vessel video Linus told us that GE gave them the refurbished UPSs. On the video where Linus makes a router for the server room he tells us who sent the RAM and CPU and first motherboard, he even told us about the replacement motherboards he bought off ebay if I remember correctly.

They don't need to have a flashing notification on the video stating that they received a sample from whomever.

I hope this isn't attack on another member of forum. Intelligent conversation is ok and if you are asking why people are jealous of good things happening to others, this really isn't right place for that discussion.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I hope this isn't attack on another member of forum. Intelligent conversation is ok and if you are asking why people are jealous of good things happening to others, this really isn't right place for that discussion.

u're right i should tone down a little, but the purpose of his post is im trying to say that Linus is not false advertising or lying to us.

u're right i should tone down a little, but the purpose of his post is im trying to say that Linus is not false advertising or lying to us.

I think we have enough people saying that in three threads discussing on matter. Plus Linus himself addressing issue in first thread and in WAN Show (briefly). No need to make topic just to defend him.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This is for LMG to deal with not us.

If they want to make a formal public statement they will.

In the mean time I don't see content suddenly stopping.

This is for LMG to deal with not us.

If they want to make a formal public statement they will.

In the mean time I don't see content suddenly stopping.

I agree and there's a lot that goes into policy changes that it doesn't happen over night. And now that a complaint has been made to ASC, LMG likely won't do anything until they make their decision which is their right.

We are all free to believe what we want about something or someone. I watch Linus for two reasons, one he is entertaining and two he knows what he is talking about. Much of what he talks about I already know at least something about and in rare cases more than he talked about. In all cases I learn something new and that is what it makes it so cool for me. The idea that he would be lying about something just for profit I think is a stretch at best. The reality is those that want to claim he is doing this are they themselves lost and hate seeing someone with a good thing working for them.

The reality is the web has always been full of untruths and there are those that did not listen growing up when they was told not to believe everything they hear and instead believe everything they here. This type of person is commonly referred to as an Idiot or Moron and as sad as it is that they exist they seem to congregate together into one giant cesspool comprised of that green shit that floats on top. One of these idiots hears something that is total bull shit, they believe it and then tell other idiots who also believe it. This grows like a virus and is the area of the internet that sucks the life out of it for the rest of us that know better.

Rather than dwelling on these morons we should not be giving them the time of day. Let them piss and moan all they want, but don't acknowledge them because it only gives them cause to bitch more about what they think they know. The way I see it if someone wants to make a claim that someone else is full of shit, they need to bring the facts to the argument. If they cannot do that I suggest to them that they sell the electronic device they are using to spew their trash through because the reality is they are too stupid to own it in the first place!

Nuff Said....

All they are looking for is attention to themselves. Ignoring them will help cure the disease. :)

Thanks!

Chris R.

So let me preface this post by telling a story. I finished season 5 of Game of Thrones last night. And in one of the episode, the ex-queen, Cersei Lannister got thrown in jail for inbreeding by some stupid religion people. I thought to myself, why? if u gonna prosecute this person, why don't u go to every single house in the city and prosecute every sinners. Its so unfair. Anyways the point of the story is that why nunya bus attack Linus? Just because he is the popular among the community, doesn't mean that he is the only one getting paid to do things. If u want commercial free content why dont u go watch television, oh wait, theres even more commercial on there, watching a 30mins episode of my fav tv show, but have to sit thru 1hr of commercial time. Why don't you go attack those people.

Sure he puts ad on his videos. Sure he get paid for reviews. But why does that matter to you? Are u fucking paying him? Are u paying for his house? his car? the food on his table? You're watching his vids for free and you take it for granted. Why do u think he keeps doing what he's doing? Why doesn't he just take a job from 9-5 and not be bothered by you, because money keeps his company going. I've read these two posts and I'm so angry at this kid that I have to write this post.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/443860-deceptive-reviews-and-shoddy-advertisement-practices-being-cracked-down-on-in-youtube-re-machinimaxbox-1/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/458776-canadian-advertisings-response-to-my-complaint-about-linuss-paid-reviews/

As for false advertising go. Here's a picture to look at.

http://imgur.com/DINXs7Q

Not saying that Linus false advertise in his videos. Most of his reviews I think is pretty legit, and comes from his own experience on the product.

There's a computer shop around the corner from my house, and they scam people all the time, should the police arrest them too? Or maybe you or someone in your family has done something wrong. Have you report that to the gov? If yes, then good for you, but probably not. You know why? cus people dont shit where they eat.

The conclusion to this is why do you care? If you dont like his vids, then fuck off.

To be clear - I cannot emphasize this enough - we do not do paid reviews. We never have, we never will.

Product placements, sure (any projects are a great example)

Sponsored content, yes (build guides are a great example)

Reviews sponsored by the company providing the product, no.

Do we expect to keep the units we review? Generally yes. Otherwise how will we compare the Ultimaker 2 head to head to the next 3D printer that shows up in our lab?

Does this affect our ability to review the product? No. You've seen our warehouse. We have enough cool tech crap to choke a horse and your grandmother. We don't care about another phone or case or 3D printer or whatever.

To be clear - I cannot emphasize this enough - we do not do paid reviews. We never have, we never will.

Product placements, sure (any projects are a great example)

Sponsored content, yes (build guides are a great example)

Reviews sponsored by the company providing the product, no.

Do we expect to keep the units we review? Generally yes. Otherwise how will we compare the Ultimaker 2 head to head to the next 3D printer that shows up in our lab?

Does this affect our ability to review the product? No. You've seen our warehouse. We have enough cool tech crap to choke a horse and your grandmother. We don't care about another phone or case or 3D printer or whatever.

so even if they want you to be the biggest critic for their product and find all of the problems you can you will still say no if they paid you?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

so even if they want you to be the biggest critic for their product and find all of the problems you can you will still say no if they paid you?

I'm not really sure I understand the question?

For my convenience if I know something is absolute rubbish going in, and I want my review to be more of a PSA than anything else I'll just buy it so I don't have to deal with an irate email from a PR rep.

Exhibit A: 

For the companies that we work with regularly, I'll still dish out a bad review if a product unexpectedly sucks.

Exhibit B: 

But generally speaking I try to avoid cluttering up the content on the channel with stuff that I don't like and I just won't request review units of things that I don't find appealing. Saves us all a lot of time (me making a video and you watching it).

Guys, I am working on a project right now so I don't have the luxury of reading through this forum in its entirety.  Do we know who did this?  Or at least have a username?

For my convenience if I know something is absolute rubbish going in, and I want my review to be more of a PSA than anything else I'll just buy it so I don't have to deal with an irate email from a PR rep.

Exhibit A: 

For the companies that we work with regularly, I'll still dish out a bad review if a product unexpectedly sucks.

Exhibit B: 

But generally speaking I try to avoid cluttering up the content on the channel with stuff that I don't like and I just won't request review units of things that I don't find appealing. Saves us all a lot of time (me making a video and you watching it).

I don't get why people don't understand this.

Thanks!

Chris R.

Exhibit A: 

Exhibit B: 

ok say said company pays you to find every flaw and talk about everything bad and good about it would you still say no?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

ok say said company pays you to find every flaw and talk about everything bad and good about it would you still say no?

I would say if they want to spend money with us we have a wide variety of advertising options open to them, but that their product will have to earn a spot in our review lineup on it own merit.

-snip-

But shouldnt you first need to know something on how to do it before bitching over it :P?

Groomlake Authority