HTC One MAX - anyone?!

cYbErpILs

Htc wants to release a phablet version of the One. It will be pumped up with a snapdragon 800 and a 5.9" screen and will probably be the competitor to the Note III. http://www.notebookcheck.net/Specs-and-pictures-leaked-of-HTC-One-Max.98835.0.html

I'm personally not that interested in these phablets since every phone above 4.2"/4.3" is to big for my hands.

What do you think about it? Would you prefer this over a Note III ?

Would prefer they skipped the phablet and went full blown tablet. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

I don't really care about phablets.

Btw, the Max and the Mini both seen to have this ugly bumper around the sides

:x

Glad I have a normal HTC One because they are ruining the original design a bit.

I'd prefer to get an iPhone 5 which I already have over these big phones. I have small hand and I'd liked to use it with one hand preferably most of the time instead of using two hand which annoys me when my other hand is doing something.

I'd prefer to get an iPhone 5 which I already have over these big phones. I have small hand and I'd liked to use it with one hand preferably most of the time instead of using two hand which annoys me when my other hand is doing something.

I had an iphone 5, till someone stole it... and now I have an HTC one. I would like to think I have average sized hands, maybe a bit on the small side, and I agree. Iphone 5 really fit nicely for one hand use. The One, not so much. Anything bigger and it would be impossible. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Only thing is lacking is better camera, not sure how good the 4 ultrapixel is.

I had an iphone 5, till someone stole it... and now I have an HTC one. I would like to think I have average sized hands, maybe a bit on the small side, and I agree. Iphone 5 really fit nicely for one hand use. The One, not so much. Anything bigger and it would be impossible. 

My DNA is perfect for one hand use.

I do have around the same size hands as Slick though...

I've currently got the HTC One X, and I have fairly large hands with a push I can get from top left to bottom right without having to adjust hand positioning but it's not comfortable. Yes, it's great for content consumption but for day to day use the larger screens are an issue. 

I'm due to upgrade my phone soon and would like to know what HTC are doing with the One as I've had the Desire, Sensation XE and now the One X. I know they tend to upgrade around October/November with a slightly overclocked CPU and a bit more RAM so what would an HTC One+ look like? or is this upgrade the One max?

If I were a bird, I'd fly into a ceiling fan.

Well it's a direct competitor to the Note 3 and the Xperia Z ultra.

My ideal mobile setup would be a 4-4.3inch phone with a snapdragon 800 and good battery life + a 7inch tablet with an intel silvermont quadcore

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Don't see the point in it. I know it will look good and be a good device but they should make a proper tablet instead. 

I'm looking forward to these phablets. I like to read ebooks outside home, but my iPhone 4 is ok to read, but I would prefer omething larger. I had a kindle, but it was stolen. Now I'm looking for a 2 in 1 solution. A phone with a size good enough to also read ebooks and take good pictures/videos in HD.

So I'm waiting for Samsung's Note 3, HTC One Max and hoping for Apple's entry into this size segment or a new version of the iPad Mini with higher resolution.

I don't really understand the point of a phablet without a stylus.  The main reason I got my note 2 was to use the stylus on the large screen to take notes in meetings etc.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

As much as I like HTC ~ I would wish they spend more money on the next flagship devise. I am fine with the one mine but A 6 inch phone? i would much rather to get a ONE with a nexus 7 or a ultrabook , anyways this is just me. :P Hope they keep push out some amazing new phones ^__^

I would go for a tablet that is designed like the HTC One

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I'd rather have a variation of the One with a bigger battery instead of a bigger screen and so forth.

Wow... This is actually a great news for me due to the fact that I prefer phablets than normal size phones because I need the large amount of battery life without the hassle of bringing another battery or a power bank on my bag. Now, I can choose between this and the Note 3.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

What they need to do is another Ultrapixel but this time make it an oversampled 16 MP image. but the 5.9 inch form factor is pretty awesome but I think the Note 3 will have this thing beat. But HTC's ui is so much better than Touchwiz so that's a pus and the build quality on the ONE is outstanding so i would expect similar results with the One Max.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

10 inch tablet ~ 2-3 lbs same aluminum chassis 2560 x 1440 resolution  :wub:

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

I actually hope they take a big chunk out of Samsung's phablet market share. This would give them some more R&D money to spend on developing the next flagship.

Look at what they've done with what little money they had (HTC One), imagine what they will do if they actually have some more money to spend on? (15 Ultrapixel goodness etc.)

They innovate, instead of revise (not calling any names *cough samsung*)

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

This device will probably get very hot and the aluminum back would be probably burning if you are playing games on it and I personally don't like large phones because I can't reach the top of the screen with my hands.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer