Malicious Code Injected Into Some Imgur Pages

Xyllon

oh ok i don't watch that much anime anymore so i don't know 

It doesn't even have that much to do with anime anymore, it's just a slew of crap plastered all over the walls(pun intended)  It's no longer a mainly anime hub though.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

If 4 chan find that hackers use imgur to lauch DDOS attack, does this means that imgur will be hackers battlefield? 

This, basically

(Go to 1 minute 46 seconds)

Lol poor smosh, Smosh games has pretty much died.  They used to have a million to millions of views daily then all of a sudden their views dropped to like 500,000 daily lol

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

if there's one thing i've learned, it's this:

do not f*** with 4chan

This, so much this. I remember back when Bungie.net use to be my main forum, the off topic section (easily the largest on the site) pissed off 4Chan somehow. I forgot how. And 4Chan attacked, hard. like, hardcore. Page after page after page of nothing but spam. Remember the refrigerator guy here on LTT? Ya, it was basically that, but a million times worse.

COMIC SANS

Lol poor smosh, Smosh games has pretty much died.  They used to have a million to millions of views daily then all of a sudden their views dropped to like 500,000 daily lol

What are you talking about...? Their number are well above 1 million on every video, except the ones just uploaded, of course.

COMIC SANS

What are you talking about...? Their number are well above 1 million on every video, except the ones just uploaded, of course.

Yeah as soon as the vids came out when they first started they had like 1 mil.  Then a couple months later they dropped.

didnt 4ch get sold recently maybe this is in retaliation

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

IT HAPPENED AGAIN

https://twitter.com/GranPC/status/647046402720276480

Edit: Link went down as soon as I posted it here, someone had injected a Harlem Shake JavaScript onto the page. Either way, this goes to show that they aren't actually trying to fix the main problem, just taking down the hacked links when they occur.

Edit 2: Turns out it's as simple to do as pasting HTML in the description. This is ridiculous. http://s10.postimg.org/nfe1kich5/image.png

Malwarebytes keeps getting a positive from the images people use here on the forums.

Lord of Helium.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN

https://twitter.com/GranPC/status/647046402720276480

Edit: Link went down as soon as I posted it here, someone had injected a Harlem Shake JavaScript onto the page. Either way, this goes to show that they aren't actually trying to fix the main problem, just taking down the hacked links when they occur.

Edit 2: Turns out it's as simple to do as pasting HTML in the description. This is ridiculous. http://s10.postimg.org/nfe1kich5/image.png

Wow that's some really shitty security. I don't know who imgur hired to code it but they deserve to be fired.

I see a lot of people doing redirects now. So if you visit an imgur link you can be redirected to any website they want. They can also run javascript and basically anything else they want.

Someone just made a fake login window appear instead of the comments. Great way to steal passwords.

Don't visit imgur until they hire a competent coder that understands how to properly sanitize inputs.

Some say that the admins on Reddit are trying to keep the news from spreading as well (by manipulating how many votes threads about it has).

Bahahaha.

Tinfoil hats everywhere!

Endlessly refresh the news section.

Or Whatch Your Profile Gif Endlessley