[Build Log] Project Circuit - Watercooled Define S

MadPolygon

I quite like it, but it is also a bit old. I got it used (really good contition though) with a 16GB SD for 220€. Since your budget is quite a bit higher, I would look for something newer with some more features, but I can't really help you with that, since I only looked for older used models. I'm also really new to photography too, so you would be better to ask some people that are more experienced ;). You might find some useful information here, they have alot of reviews too.

I quite like it, but it is also a bit old. I got it used (really good contition though) with a 16GB SD for 220€. Since your budget is quite a bit higher, I would look for something newer with some more features, but I can't really help you with that, since I only looked for older used models. I'm also really new to photography too, so you would be better to ask some people that are more experienced ;). You might find some useful information here, they have alot of reviews too.

Now I'm looking at a Sony a6000 but it's wayy expensive

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Dang forgot to paste the link in my last post :rolleyes:

http://www.dpreview.com/

BTT:

I ordered some plexi that is satiniced on only one side, maybe that's giving a better result regarding the painting.

Some of the hardline tubing stuff (fittings, tubing) also arrived last week.

Dang forgot to paste the link in my last post :rolleyes:

http://www.dpreview.com/

BTT:

I ordered some plexi that is satiniced on only one side, maybe that's giving a better result regarding the painting.

Some of the hardline tubing stuff (fittings, tubing) also arrived last week.

Yeah the a6000 was really good on dpreview and the DC3 was good but not as good. My mom has a Rebel XS which is good but I don't love it.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

In a few weeks I hopefully have some wonderful news regarding my gpu, which I sent away today ;). But stay tuned for more information :D

That "quick sketch" is a cover for the back of the case.

The 140mm fan holes and the general shape gave it away for me.

Shhh don't tell the others :P. I was thinking that the holes might give it away. I propably have to delay that a bit until I figured out a good was to diffuse the led light enough, because the strips are really close to the plexi ^^.

Looks very exciting! Can I ask how you painted the PSU shroud? It looks really good and maybe I'll replace my cardboard one with something like this.

Thank you :)

I just painted the backside (that faces inwards to the psu) with matte black spray paint. 

Btw, that's not the finished psu shroud, just a small piece for testing (10cm x 10cm).

New pictures today  :lol:

Removing the panel

P1090386

Old Leds

P1090389

New Leds

P1090786

Removed the cables for power and hdd led from the case

P1090794

Removed the heat shring (cables are really fragile as you can see...)

P1090799

Removed old leds and stripped the wire

P1090803

Soldering

P1090806

P1090822

Let there be light B)

P1090830

Before and after

P1090370

P1090843

P1090837

coming along nicely

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Today I designed the psu cover a little bit more detailed. Suggestions are always welcome :lol:, e.g. I'm still a bit unsure if I should add more lines so I have 8 on top and 2 pairs of 4 at the bottom... :rolleyes: .

For best accuracy I'm getting the design plotted on masking foil :D

But have a look yourself:

render

man caint wait to see this build it looks amazing so far. how do you plan to transfer the circuit board design onto that? are you hand painting or cnc because if your not an acid etching might be what your looking for. very accurate 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

You're not the only one, can't wait to overclock the sh*t out of that system  :D

I'm getting it done by someone with a cuttting plotter (https://youtu.be/r2iEn_U5pks?t=51). He will plot the design on masking foil.

ahh makes sense 

That's how the waterblock for the 390 Nitro will look like. Marc from liquidextasy.de sent me the render yesterday. Sadly there isn't enough space to run coolant directly above the VRMs too.

But ultimately I think it will still perform better that the Alphacool GPX block. First because copper is used instead of aluminium and second because the coolant still directly touches the VRM cooling part of copper, which is not the case with the gPX block.

Gpu block

Source: liquidextasy.de

The insufficient space may also be the reason why EK isn't gonna make a fullcover, despite the cards popularity... AFAIK the MSI 390 Gaming gets a fullcover block in february. And if you compare the pcbs of both cards, you can see the Sapphire one is more crowded.

MSI: link to image   Sapphire: link to image

In terms of the lighting, I made some progress :D . It's not the prettiest UI and more of a beta right now, but for the moment it should work.

Hope I can upload a quick demo video at the weekend ;) .

rgbcommander

In terms of the lighting, I made some progress :D . It's not the prettiest UI and more of a beta right now, but for the moment it should work.

Hope I can upload a quick demo video at the weekend ;) .

Did you make that?

Yes, it's programmed in C#.

ooo lala

Here is a small demo:

Love the program! Are you going to make it available for others to use? 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Love the program! Are you going to make it available for others to use? 

Thanks  :). Yes, eventually. But there is still some stuff to do, better exception handling to make it more robust and stable, adding more features like saving settings to the arduino, also reworking the UI with WPF together with material design to make it more visually pleasing.

Here is a small demo:

The music was ass but other than that it's awesome ;D

The music was ass but other than that it's awesome ;D

I think it's a good chillstep song, but hey everyone has a different taste  ;)

I think it's a good chillstep song, but hey everyone has a different taste  ;)

The song wasn't bad, but definitely didn't match the vid or anything

The song wasn't bad, but definitely didn't match the vid or anything

Yeah, didn't know what would have suited the vid, so I just picked something I liked  :P. But if you got any tips let me hear  :)