What brands do you consider premium? Multi choice.

KarateHottie93

I put galax and sapphire only for those reasons :)

the only company I will say is shit is GB...

Fuck yeah bro. The only two GPU brands I have NEVER had any bad experiences with whatsoever. Even their customer support is amazing!

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Fuck yeah bro. The only two GPU brands I have NEVER had any bad experiences with whatsoever. Even their customer support is amazing!

Sapphire is so and so with support but their products are solid and look great.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Sapphire is so and so with support but their products are solid and look great.

I've only had to RMA a Sapphire card once but they handled it with the most ease possible. I rank them so high on CS cause that and the fact that they always respond within the hour(when open) from my experiences.

Finally somebody who knows my pain lol.

It sucks but I have faith that one day MSI will love us like they do everyone else alive :P

I just couldn't believe it.... freaking insane, I could use basically random ram slots on each one to get it to post, but I could never get quad channel (or dual channel for that matter) to post on the boards which really really irked me (seeing as its x99 man, gotta go quad channel). However a little bit of troubles I have had with my cpu and trying to even get xmp working (which I eventually did, but man the stupid ass process I had to take..) suggests to me that it actually is a cpu related issue, but that the msi boards seemed to be more sensitive to it for whatever reason. I would have considered rma'ing the cpu, but it hits 4.5 Ghz at 1.25 V so yea... (although it can't hit 4.6 even at 1.45 V so again some weird ass shit going on with my cpu.)

But hey, my msi 980 ti is only 68% ASIC and yet still hits 1507-1514 on air cooling, stock bios.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I've only had to RMA a Sapphire card once but they handled it with the most ease possible. I rank them so high on CS cause that and the fact that they always respond within the hour(when open) from my experiences.

Took them a week to tell me no if you take off the cooler and weeks later a mosfet lights on fire your not covered... but I have heard so much good stuff about it I can only assume I got a fluke.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I'd probably vote Gigabyte as well.....if I hadn't done 5 RMA and gotten my original and still faulty card back.

Which is where "you consider" comes in.

yeah it took me 3 times to get a new card, and after my 5th i still have a card that has semi broken fans but is stable

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

It's not on the list, but I've never had a RMA process as smooth as when I had to return a crucial (micron) product. The guy was super considerate, helpful, and not condescending like so many times I've had with ASUS. Plus I had the new product in my computer 3 days later up and running like a charm (although I did put in a HUGE deposit to allow them to ship immediately as I shipped mine out the same day, but the debit transaction wasn't processed before the original arrived so it never counted against me.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I just couldn't believe it.... freaking insane, I could use basically random ram slots on each one to get it to post, but I could never get quad channel (or dual channel for that matter) to post on the boards which really really irked me (seeing as its x99 man, gotta go quad channel). However a little bit of troubles I have had with my cpu and trying to even get xmp working (which I eventually did, but man the stupid ass process I had to take..) suggests to me that it actually is a cpu related issue, but that the msi boards seemed to be more sensitive to it for whatever reason. I would have considered rma'ing the cpu, but it hits 4.5 Ghz at 1.25 V so yea... (although it can't hit 4.6 even at 1.45 V so again some weird ass shit going on with my cpu.)

But hey, my msi 980 ti is only 68% ASIC and yet still hits 1507-1514 on air cooling, stock bios.

Haha at least you've had an MSI product that was good. Even the only mobo I've ever killed was MSI lol. Kinda my fault for saying I don't believe in anti-static bands...but still lol, I've touched over 50 mobo's in my life and it was the only one. It was a fucking $300 dual opteron board too so it was even harder to accept.

Took them a week to tell me no if you take off the cooler and weeks later a mosfet lights on fire your not covered... but I have heard so much good stuff about it I can only assume I got a fluke.

Yup lol, sounds like you have my MSI luck but with Sapphire :(

It's not on the list, but I've never had a RMA process as smooth as when I had to return a crucial (micron) product. The guy was super considerate, helpful, and not condescending like so many times I've had with ASUS. Plus I had the new product in my computer 3 days later up and running like a charm (although I did put in a HUGE deposit to allow them to ship immediately as I shipped mine out the same day, but the debit transaction wasn't processed before the original arrived so it never counted against me.)

Oh yeah, Asus is the fucking worst! I buy their mobo's cause they are great but I hear horror stories about their RMA. I had to RMA a DOA RoG laptop a few years back and they walked me through countless fucking powercycles.

Evga for the graphics

Asus for the mobo and monitor

Corsair dominator platinum or G skill for the ram

Evga/superflower for the psu

Samsung for SSD

Intel for the cpu

Well thats it for me those brands havent let me down yet. Your milage may vary though. I could give more detail but im off to work and on my phone so....

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Yup lol, sounds like you have my MSI luck but with Sapphire :(

It takes alot of heat to melt a PCB...

It takes alot of heat to melt a PCB...

Haha that sounds fucking scary!

HIS will stay to the bottom of the list. Or at least should. My brother owned an HD 6870 and the stock cooler was a MASSIVE POS. I replaced the thermal compound with arctic silver 5 and ran the fan on full speed (its a friggin insanely noisy fan at 100%) and gaming temps were usually in the 90's at stock clock

Haha that sounds fucking scary!

you should have seen me man..

you should have seen me man..

Haha or I could haved watched that card melt instead...sounds like a real sight.

The PCB didnt melt, it carbonized. I have done successful repairs on this kind of failure. Not easy, but I havent had any of my repairs fail me yet.

I garuntee it melted. Something like 1300w went through that card... The card deformed..

Edit: and no heatsink

I garuntee it melted. Something like 1300w went through that card... The card deformed..

Edit: and no heatsink

"The basis of textile-grade glass fibers is silica, SiO2. In its pure form it exists as a polymer, (SiO2)n. It has no true melting point but softens up to 1200 °C, where it starts to degrade. At 1713 °C, most of the molecules can move about freely."

Stolen from Wikipedia.

Solder melts at a much lower point than fiberglass so parts would have fallen off. and the fiberglass that the board is made of has several layers of copper running through it. Copper melts at 1,085°C. If it got hot enough to melt the copper and fiberglass, I will seriously pay 50 bucks plus shipping to own whats left of the card.

"The basis of textile-grade glass fibers is silica, SiO2. In its pure form it exists as a polymer, (SiO2)n. It has no true melting point but softens up to 1200 °C, where it starts to degrade. At 1713 °C, most of the molecules can move about freely."

Stolen from Wikipedia.

Solder melts at a much lower point than fiberglass so parts would have fallen off. and the fiberglass that the board is made of has several layers of copper running through it. Copper melts at 1,085°C. If it got hot enough to melt the copper and fiberglass, I will seriously pay 50 bucks plus shipping to own whats left of the card.

your making me doubt my own eyes now..... I threw out the physical card out in rage. (At that point I had been trying to get it to work for 4 months and I had just finished dealing replacing my motherboard and CPU due to a bent pin that was totally avoidable which ended up costing me hundreds (and saving my friends hundreds because I now know a guy that can you CPUs for $100 off BNIB with a warranty who I referred to many times..) So now I only have the cooler. And 2 days ago I sold my gtx 650 so I can upgrade again and I have been surviving on a gt520 + igpu until someone replies to my ad on kijiji or the forums. But yea ref 290x heatsink and dead 6870 (courtesy of aniallation) in my closet now) and a dedicated GPU that is less powerful than integrated graphics.

Msi, Evga, Galax(y), Sapphire, and Asus.

It's not so much as the brand as it is individual releases from these companies.

Take Msi gaming 4g, a really nice card but not premium... The lightning cards though...

Same with the Kingpins, HoF, Vapour-x, and Matrix Platinum/Posieden/Ares 

Tl;DR- I'm indecisive point out obvious fact that's obvious

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

You missed Palit, although they certainly aren't premium.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

WHAT ARE YOU ALL SAYING ABOUT MY REFERENCE HIS 290 ?!??!?!??!?!?!?

/criesincorner

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Well, I particularly prefer Elsa Gladiac.

Can confirm Powercolor is not premium.

Fuck powercolor.

Fuck them.

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

None and all.

Most all of them have normal consumer models and more expensive "premium" models.