Google accidentally launches Climate Change

jos

Personally, I just want the smugness to end. I want us to acknowledge that we need to switch to nuclear power plants over coal or whatever, until we have a viable alternative.

If people knew how safe and how much better than coal nuclear power is, but people hear "nuclear" and go ape-shit and try to stop it.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Umm, you do realize that if you eliminate all coastal cities from the face of the earth the entire world economy would just collapse and you'd be trapped in a technological and economical dark age....but to be fair to your point completely dry.

But that means we'd have to go back to riding horses....

FOR THE HORSES 

bugs-bunny-cutting-florida-state-off-gif

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Yes In 70+ years I'm in my 20's and realize that we can solve this if push comes to shove via sulfur pollution, plus odds are I will be dead before then either naturally or through thermal nuclear war, as the doomsday clock is currently set to 11:57 or three minutes till midnight, for reference that is only beaten by 1953, and midnight signifies nuclear war

Oh the holy doomsday clock. A bunch of bullshit with a coat of science if you ask me. Nobody can predict a thing such as war.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

If only California would be submerged in the ocean. Hippies, the whole lot of 'em. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Most Tech genius' are hippies. A lot of their creative ideas stem from their idealistic views and wanting to make the world a better place. The Conservatives were represented by Big Blue (IBM). Steve Jobs, Wosniak and many others were like rebels fighting against a large empire.

1DAE5pQ.jpg

That's Steve Jobs both in the image above and below

j6T3shY.jpg

Microsoft's Staff

2hMNt73.jpg

The reason you have a desktop PC, in the first place, is because of hippies.

http://www.wired.com/insights/2014/09/sputnik-hippies-silicon-valley/

http://www.thankahippie.com/technology-and-the-hippies-overview/

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2005/may/13/doweoweital

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

I think there might be a lot of overly conflating geeks and hippies going on in the industry right now. Not sure if its just hipsterish self-aggrandizement or what. There was some overlap, but the industry as a whole was built a lot more on geekery and home workshop industriousness than flower-child idealism. I'd give more points to entrepreneurial spunk than idealism, the tech revolution provided something the market was actually waiting for, on multiple fronts in multiple facets, for DECADES. IF you are wanting to pull the tech industry back through time and credit the roots with movements like hippies, you kind of have to follow it further back through fairchild, raytheon, and World War II, from the great depression, to the war, to the cold war, people had been waiting on the revolution technology was supposed to usher in. Heck we have to start leashing ourselves pretty hard and not forget the massive impact India, Korea, Taiwan, and Japan have had on this very same industry, both from within and without, post-war. 

I'll give the Steves credit as being out there beyond mere geekery,  I'd point to GNU as a far hippier institution through time. And I'd say the tech industry was far more entrepreneur and geek based than hippie based, at least as it pertains to the explosion of the industry and corporate culture, if not the grandest of the iconoclasts. The Steves not being the only or necessarily the oddest of said people.

If I was gonna credit any collective projection of a population it would be the nascent geeks and lay-people who were willing to take the early plunge with PCs, as consumers. Before computers were mainstream it was very much a foreboding priesthood, getting into computers was not the easy leap it is now, and even more of an achievement was getting the industries and professionals to jump aboard, where the real push for development and improvement initially launched.

oh the humanity!! nuclear isnt the best option.  they get subsidized by the government to make the true cost of providing that electricity.  at least with residental solar i get the subsidy.  but it doesnt matter cuz i read the worlds end is coming cuz of the blood moon at the end of this month.

oh the humanity!! nuclear isnt the best option.  they get subsidized by the government to make the true cost of providing that electricity.  at least with residental solar i get the subsidy.  but it doesnt matter cuz i read the worlds end is coming cuz of the blood moon at the end of this month.

Everyone is "subsidized" by the government, either directly with funds or indirectly through regulation.

Nuclear, if the government would get out of the way, can and could be completely privately funded and instituted nigh immediately. And with the scale and saturation available, were the government to get out of the way, there is no inherent cost increase to worry about. The market unleashed could provide quite the boost.

Climate change is a constant cycle-people might accelerate it slightly-but its going to happen one way or another.

This is what i've been trying to tell anyone who comes up with this bullshit. Yes we probably dont make it better, but guess what.. You are not changing the cycle by hundred thousands of years, by doing whatever you are doing now. Further more this ''go green'' stuff, is something the industry have come up with to improve profits. Seriously, in Denmark they keep adding taxes ''to make the world greener'', road taxes, insurance taxes, gas taxes.. I recall hearing that even if we removed near to all of the gas price, it would still cost $1/pint.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

I'm from Cali and I say why not. I want to beach closer to my house.

Location, location, location, no matter how close the ocean gets to you, you will always have to pay to enjoy it ;)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Yes In 70+ years I'm in my 20's and realize that we can solve this if push comes to shove via sulfur pollution, plus odds are I will be dead before then either naturally or through thermal nuclear war, as the doomsday clock is currently set to 11:57 or three minutes till midnight, for reference that is only beaten by 1953, and midnight signifies nuclear war

so you dont care about making things better for later generations as long as you are not alive to witness it?

This is what i've been trying to tell anyone who comes up with this bullshit. Yes we probably dont make it better, but guess what.. You are not changing the cycle by hundred thousands of years, by doing whatever you are doing now. Further more this ''go green'' stuff, is something the industry have come up with to improve profits. Seriously, in Denmark they keep adding taxes ''to make the world greener'', road taxes, insurance taxes, gas taxes.. I recall hearing that even if we removed near to all of the gas price, it would still cost $1/pint.

except 97% of climate scientist agree that climate change is real and is human made. and think about it where is the money? its not with green companies its with the oil companies

except 97% of climate scientist agree that climate change is real and is human made. and think about it where is the money? its not with green companies its with the oil companies

You think petrochemical companies don't have a stake in green companies? solar? wind? Nuclear? Every one of those mega-corps took their largess during the salad days and planned for rainy days. Including a day when oil became untenable, or profits were to be made in competing industries.

You think petrochemical companies don't have a stake in green companies? solar? wind? Nuclear? Every one of those mega-corps took their largess during the salad days and planned for rainy days. Including a day when oil became untenable, or profits were to be made in competing industries.

judging by their public statements it doesnt seem like they want to give up their oil market just yet. and oil is more profitable to them. and if most scientists can be bought there wouldn't be the movement against tobacco and harmful pesticides

If only California would be submerged in the ocean. Hippies, the whole lot of 'em. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Much love

System: Thinkpad T460

Science is arguing that the amount of carbon being expelled into our atmosphere is not a "natural" occurrence, or part of any natural warming/cooling cycle of the earth.  See what they are using to create this argument is science... evidence supported with math.

If this earth can tolerate/compensate for a set amount of carbon introduction, any extra carbon being thrown up there... stays there.  If we contribute 4% extra carbon emissions into the atmosphere, that adds up... day after day, year after year, decade after decade.  The science was in decades ago.

Keep arguing moot points.  "AMD CPUS are great for budget gaming" anyone??

judging by their public statements it doesnt seem like they want to give up their oil market just yet. and oil is more profitable to them. and if most scientists can be bought there wouldn't be the movement against tobacco and harmful pesticides

There's money on both sides of all those issues. ESPECIALLY if you work for or alongside the government.

Science is arguing that the amount of carbon being expelled into our atmosphere is not a "natural" occurrence, or part of any natural warming/cooling cycle of the earth.  See what they are using to create this argument is science... evidence supported with math.

If this earth can tolerate/compensate for a set amount of carbon introduction, any extra carbon being thrown up there... stays there.  If we contribute 4% extra carbon emissions into the atmosphere, that adds up... day after day, year after year, decade after decade.  The science was in decades ago.

Keep arguing moot points.  "AMD CPUS are great for budget gaming" anyone??

Like volcanoes that can eject more CO2 in hours than we do in decades?

Like volcanoes that can eject more CO2 in hours than we do in decades?

Wow, you're right. 

:mellow: 

Most Tech genius' are hippies. A lot of their creative ideas stem from their idealistic views and wanting to make the world a better place. The Conservatives were represented by Big Blue (IBM). Steve Jobs, Wosniak and many others were like rebels fighting against a large empire.

That's Steve Jobs both in the image above and below

Microsoft's Staff

The reason you have a desktop PC, in the first place, is because of hippies.

http://www.wired.com/insights/2014/09/sputnik-hippies-silicon-valley/

http://www.thankahippie.com/technology-and-the-hippies-overview/

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2005/may/13/doweoweital

I don't care, they're all still hippies. :angry:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I can't believe that there are people who are fooled by the global warming hoax. Then again people fall for the nigerian lottery scam and "you won't get pregnant if we do it standing up"

That's actually kind of hilarious.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/volcanowatch/archive/2007/07_02_15.html that claim is false volcanos release 200 million tonnes of co2 annually while in 2003 we crossed 26.8 billion tonnes its not even close

1) I'm not just talking about current

2) Those estimates presume currently active vulcanism and extrapolate from established activity the activity of unobserved volcanoes, which may not be accurate, even the USGS and European geologists have estimates that differ by as much as 140%

3) That does not include cyclic volcano activity, pinatubo, krakatoa, large scale eruptions over longer periods of time.

THe more illustrative history is a bit further back.

http://www.futurity.org/big-volcanoes-doubled-co2-level/

Atmospheric CO2 skyrocketed to over 4000 PPM and the world survived. It took over a quarter million years for that level to work its way back down, while vulcanism was still accelerated.

Although its only a small piece of a far larger mechanism, other greenhouse gases, other thermal transfer avenues, and CO2 release from ocean waters, water vapor in the atmosphere, desertification, radiative budget, etc.

THe primary problem with AGCC is that for it to be valid both the models need to be accurate and the effect needs to encompass the entirety of the environment. THe problem is the models were not accurate, either in premise or results, the effects were not pervasive, atmospheric changes were nigh non-existent, and daytime temps did not rise like night time temps did, and the radiative solar budget is massively higher than the models allowed for. The "oh God oh God we're all going to die" levels they predicted are BELOW the natural average. We should have burned to a cinder eons ago.

CO2 is a problem, but not nearly as big a problem as pollution, poisoning the water and soil, international conflict, resources, over population, deforestation, desertification, etc.

http://www.ted.com/talks/allan_savory_how_to_green_the_world_s_deserts_and_reverse_climate_change?language=en

ftp://ftp.cira.colostate.edu/ftp/Raschke/Book/Kidder/BOOK-CSU/Chapter%2010%20-%20Radiation-Budget/ERBE-Lit/Chen-Sci02-TropCirc.pdf

http://eastfire.gmu.edu/Course/EOS759_08/readings/Wielicki2001.pdf