Google accidentally launches Climate Change

jos

Careful, might upset their closed off universe where "facts" and reality have nothing to do with one another.

Yeah....try looking at some actual scientific evidence

800px-EPICA_temperature_plot.svg.png

800px-Five_Myr_Climate_Change.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_record

*plot twist* NOTHING IN THE UNIVERSE REMAINS THE SAME. Looking at only the past 100 years or so is the only way to support that idea that "global warming" is entirely man made.

There was also the debacle with scientists caught falsifying their results: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/11395516/The-fiddling-with-temperature-data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/02/scientists-falsifying-data-to-pander-global-warming/

Take your own advice.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Umm, you do realize that if you eliminate all coastal cities from the face of the earth the entire world economy would just collapse and you'd be trapped in a technological and economical dark age....but to be fair to your point completely dry.

I wouldn't call it a dark age, I would call it a reset.

the bigger problem is maintaining our own history throughout that period in time. That way we can avoid the mistakes of the past. (you know, like currencies based on absolutely nothing of value, new jersey, etc.)

What's that? Surely "scientists" wouldn't be caught falsify records because their "evidence" of global warming would be profitable to anyone who invested in the green technology industry......kind of like falsifying reports of WMD's to serve the oil industry, or how every single toothpaste out there is recommended by 9/10 dentists....

Surely that couldn't happen.

Surely everything that we see and hear on the news isn't pure marketing.....Oh wait.

Don't get me wrong, the climate is changing, but saying that it's all mankinds fault just simply isn't true. Climates change. Planets end eventually. Which is why we need to focus on space exploration and colonization instead of worrying about some fucking polar bears.

The only thing that doesn't EVER seem to change or end, is this equation.

Money + Media + Politicians = A giant shit sandwich

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wouldn't call it a dark age, I would call it a reset.

the bigger problem is maintaining our own history throughout that period in time. That way we can avoid the mistakes of the past. (you know, like currencies based on absolutely nothing of value, new jersey, etc.)

What's that? Surely "scientists" wouldn't be caught falsify records because their "evidence" of global warming would be profitable to anyone who invested in the green technology industry......kind of like falsifying reports of WMD's to serve the oil industry, or how every single toothpaste out there is recommended by 9/10 dentists....

Surely that couldn't happen.

Surely everything that we see and hear on the news isn't pure marketing.....Oh wait.

Don't get me wrong, the climate is changing, but saying that it's all mankinds fault just simply isn't true. Climates change. Planets end eventually. Which is why we need to focus on space exploration and colonization instead of worrying about some fucking polar bears.

The only thing that doesn't EVER seem to change or end, is this equation.

Money + Media + Politicians = A giant shit sandwich

Also taxes, don't forget the taxes. (Such as the carbon tax-which seemed to vanish once paid).

PMSL

Is Fox news going to cover this?

Considering the effects of Global Warming

Humans are a cause of it, but not entirely 

We didn't start it, we just made it faster and more apparent 

Also taxes, don't forget the taxes. (Such as the carbon tax-which seemed to vanish once paid).

I think that would be included under Money.

Looks like scientists, my favorite ones, are agreeing with your statement

I think that would be included under Money.

Money and screwing people over aren't the same thing (most of the time......)

PMSL

Gives me reason to be excited about the next 15-20 years of physics outside of the LHC!

Yep!  Exciting times!

On that note-Still waiting for the first Halcyon class cruiser to be built. Though I might have to pull a fifth element to get on board.....

PMSL

-snip

What, that space colonization and exploration are mankind's only hope? I agree to that. I just don't like Bill Nye because he's a paid shill for "global warming".

I'm above any potential flood zone so I really don't care, I care about renewable energy from an economic perspective not a moral one and unless improvements come about once subsidies end it isn't a great market due to the unpredictability of weather(this is in regards to solar and wind) nuclear seems like a likely winner in the short term to me, oh and google has invested in the solar industry so I will take their information with a small grain of salt as fear mongering benefits them.

Yes In 70+ years I'm in my 20's and realize that we can solve this if push comes to shove via sulfur pollution, plus odds are I will be dead before then either naturally or through thermal nuclear war, as the doomsday clock is currently set to 11:57 or three minutes till midnight, for reference that is only beaten by 1953, and midnight signifies nuclear war

what you just said is "I'm self-centered and don't care if my actions contribute to destroying the world as I know it, because by the time it comes to pass, I'll have kicked the bucket."

fuck you. The ignorance of climate deniers isn't the real problem, it's the utter apathy and disgustingly egotistical nature of people like that is. To believe yourself better than the billions that will have their lives ruined or uprooted, or the inevitable millions who will die is so greedy and self-centered it escapes my ability to describe it with words.

If I met you in public, and heard you say that, I'd spit on you. You're not worth the space you occupy.

I realize this will likely get removed. Doesn't matter, it needs to be said. People like this shouldn't be tolerated.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

what you just said is "I'm self-centered and don't care if my actions contribute to destroying the world as I know it, because by the time it comes to pass, I'll have kicked the bucket."

fuck you. The ignorance of climate deniers isn't the real problem, it's the utter apathy and disgustingly egotistical nature of people like that is. To believe yourself better than the billions that will have their lives ruined or uprooted, or the inevitable millions who will die is so greedy and self-centered it escapes my ability to describe it with words.

If I met you in public, and heard you say that, I'd spit on you. You're not worth the space you occupy.

I realize this will likely get removed. Doesn't matter, it needs to be said. People like this shouldn't be tolerated.

Private messages....private messages.

PMSL

If only California would be submerged in the ocean. Hippies, the whole lot of 'em. :angry: :angry: :angry:

reminds me of:

cartman_hippies.jpg

"When you're in high school you should be doing things, about which you could never tell your parents!"

Private messages....private messages.

I actually like that he said it out loud It made me laugh.

It's not like I didn't give a solution to the problem I clearly said nuclear is the only viable option for now, you didn't contribute anything all you did is yell at me for being apathetic at least I'm honest with how I think, being apathetic is just how I am

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Why does the climate change? Stuff in the atmosphere.
What are we putting in the atmosphere? Stuff.

Its ok though, claims of conspiracy are much more valid than scientific models and fairly rudimentary physics. Evil bastards want to make the world a better place for the coming generations of Humans and other life... How dare they!

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

What do you propose we use during the night when there is no wind, hydroelectric can't be implemented everywhere

Wait what? Where do you live? It's not always calm in the night.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Wait what? Where do you live? It's not always calm in the night.

Yes but some nights it is calm and when that happens no one will have power, wind in my perspective is the least efficient renewable and its space requirements are immense

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Why does the climate change? Stuff in the atmosphere.

What are we putting in the atmosphere? Stuff.

Its ok though, claims of conspiracy are much more valid than scientific models and fairly rudimentary physics. Evil bastards want to make the world a better place for the coming generations of Humans and other life... How dare they!

I don't think anyone is claiming that we don't have an effect on the environment. I think the bigger issue is that some people are claiming it's all our fault, rather than acknowledging we are simply making a natural occurrence happen faster. (causation versus contribution. We contribute to climate change, we didn't cause it outright)

Personally, I just want the smugness to end. I want us to acknowledge that we need to switch to nuclear power plants over coal or whatever, until we have a viable alternative. And again,

stop being so smug about "helping the environment". Especially when it comes to driving an electric car or a hybrid. Go research the amount of pollution created in manufacturing the batteries for those things, then tell me how environmentally friendly they are.

Billboard.jpg

My parents generation used motor oil for weed abatement. Worked quite well too from what I've heard. 

:wacko:  :blink:

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

My parents generation used motor oil for weed abatement. Worked quite well too from what I've heard. 

:wacko:  :blink:

It works quite well if you don't want to cut the grass either.

Yes In 70+ years I'm in my 20's and realize that we can solve this if push comes to shove via sulfur pollution, plus odds are I will be dead before then either naturally or through thermal nuclear war, as the doomsday clock is currently set to 11:57 or three minutes till midnight, for reference that is only beaten by 1953, and midnight signifies nuclear war

You know one of the reasons the doomsday clock is so high is unchecked climate change right? It's actually the very first thing they mention and gets an entire sentence of its own on the justification of the new status.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

What do you propose we use during the night when there is no wind, hydroelectric can't be implemented everywhere

You clearly do not understand clean energy solutions. You're not the first person to think "oh well what happens when there is no sun or wind", trust me. We have this amazing technology called batteries. Don't be arrogant :/

You clearly do not understand clean energy solutions. You're not the first person to think "oh well what happens when there is no sun or wind", trust me. We have this amazing technology called batteries. Don't be arrogant :/

Batteries, no that won't work at least not on a large enough scale (batteries might be viable for a small town off the main grid but not a state or city), there are ways to implement large scale power regulation to account for these off hours and inconsistencies (such as massive flywheels) but these solutions are extremely costly which is why I mentioned thorium reactors as they are like a regular nuclear plant without the risk of  meltdown, in other words why push a more expensive option when another solution is staring us in the face. Either way I am done talking about this topic, if people want green energy they can buy and maintain their own solar panels.

Yes but some nights it is calm and when that happens no one will have power, wind in my perspective is the least efficient renewable and its space requirements are immense

And its calm as the Sun isn't heating the Earth and creating convection currents. Technically Wind power is Solar power as with out sunlight its not as effective (of course there are exceptions).

PMSL