Need for Speed (2015!?) just got delayed for PC

zMeul

source: http://www.needforspeed.com/en_GB/news/nfs-update

At Ghost, we’re united by one common passion... to deliver the best Need for Speed™ experience possible. And at every step of the development process we're guided by our community. Whether that’s reading your comments on Facebook or Twitter, watching your videos on YouTube, or joining in with the discussion on Reddit, the conversation we've been having as fans of Need for Speed is enormously important and we’re working to reflect it in the game we're building.

Part of the conversation includes hearing from our PC community that an unlocked frame rate in Need for Speed is a massive priority for you, and we fully agree. To deliver this, we’ve made the decision to move the PC release date to Spring 2016. Our PlayStation 4 and Xbox One release dates will remain the same, starting November 3, 2015 in North America and November 5 worldwide.

This decision on PC gives us the necessary development time to increase the visuals that we can deliver on PC. We will also include content updates that will have been released on console up to that time, making them available to all PC players from day one.

---

there are two sides of this

on the good side, it's quite awesome that they actually listened to what people want

on the bad side, how on earth haven't they learned anything from the past? it's not the 1st and quite possibly not the last game released on PC with capped frame-rate - that's the whole effin' point of buying it for the PC

and isn't like it happened to a different series !! just 2 years ago:

nice proof that the game is a port

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

well if they dont screw up the port then ill buy it regardless of when it comes up, if they screw up the port then it doesnt matter when it comes out, i will not buy it

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

on the bad side, how on earth haven't they learned anything from the past? it's not the 1st and quite possibly not the last game released on PC with capped frame-rate - that's the whole effin' point of buying it for the PC

Uh.

In your own post, they literally said "Part of the conversation includes hearing from our PC community that an unlocked frame rate in Need for Speed is a massive priority for you, and we fully agree. To deliver this, we’ve made the decision to move the PC release date to Spring 2016."

That means that they're listening.

So, community has to think for them?

Are they braindead or something?

Also, who the hell likes the driving physics, its like web browser flash game. Yes, it looks fine, nice cars and customization. But if you pul e-brake and it turns 90 degrees instantly and drifts with same speed in corner, who gonna buy this apart from hyped people?

Also delay is just EA all over again, same with console exclusivity.

Vote with your money and dont buy it.

There's enough races out recently right now for me to go meh. All I want is an HD remake of NFSU 2 anyway really.

still drives better

Ahh i was pumped for this in november :( its good that it wont be locked but really they need how many months to fix it :(

you've been developing this game since 2 years on an old Dice engine, you delayed because those console corporates pressured you aka microsoft.admit it /s  :ph34r:
 and come on it's EA, they've been known to release on PC on the same date as others, if you've seen the trailers, you know it's all PC footage. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

48 fps locked for cinematic Hobbit experience.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Do they also understand that not having "always online" is another massive priority for our PC community?

They've been developing games since 90's

And what's up with the massive delay?

Spring of 2016??? Are they waiting for their lead developer to graduate bachelors on physics so that they can have at least one person on team that knows how to write a physics engine that is not bound to discrete space-time ???

EDIT: Lead PC Port Developer

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I'd rather have a delayed game that works on launch than a game released at the same time as console and be unplayable anyway.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

This is far better that getting another rivals, the game was ok but the PC issues, ugh.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Do they also understand that not having "always online" is another massive priority for our PC community?

That will solely depend on the game mechanics, if its MMO like and online adds a good gameplay layer it cold be fine, if its gimmick crap like just a shared free roam similar to rivals and the criterion most wanted, sure cut that crappy requirement, its just a DRM layer at this point.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

That will solely depend on the game mechanics, if its MMO like and online adds a good gameplay layer it cold be fine, if its gimmick crap like just a shared free roam similar to rivals and the criterion most wanted, sure cut that crappy requirement, its just a DRM layer at this point.

Anyone remember NFS: World???

I do... that was an NFS MMO and it didn't add any value to gameplay, 30 minute queues for a race, cheaters, fuel and N2O you have to buy for in-game currency and cars that you have to buy for $$$

There we people litterally spending thousands on the in-game cars, some cars in-game cost as much as real cars in life,

one guy was estimated to have spent over 500k $

It all ended with them being unable to deal with cheaters and closing down servers a couple of months later with huge lawsuits from people investing a ton of money.

I'm sorry for my colorful language, but in all hosty frak that kind of gameplay layer

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

Exacrly as OP said !

They learnt nothing from over 10years of experience with NFS franchise alone.

They are just trying to hide how much little shit they give about pc.

Im sure even kids these days know how 60fps is bare minimum for PC.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Am I the only one that finds it weird that the game is a reboot of a reboot?

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Am I the only one that finds it weird that the game is a reboot of a reboot?

I see it as very promising comeback of NFS:U2

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Anyone remember NFS: World???

I do... that was an NFS MMO and it didn't add any value to gameplay, 30 minute queues for a race, cheaters, fuel and N2O you have to buy for in-game currency and cars that you have to buy for $$$

There we people litterally spending thousands on the in-game cars, some cars in-game cost as much as real cars in life,

one guy was estimated to have spent over 500k $

It all ended with them being unable to deal with cheaters and closing down servers a couple of months later with huge lawsuits from people investing a ton of money.

I'm sorry for my colorful language, but in all hosty frak that kind of gameplay layer

I know that game, didn't spend more that an hour playing it, it was just a massive cash cow with the nfs name slapped on it, hell the bloody map was carbon and og most wanted stitched together, the most obvious sing it was a shitty project just to milk people.

The big difference with this game is that is a buy first, EA has at least some sense of mild decency with paid games, especially when the previous games of a series was utter crap or poorly received (like DA2 to DA:I) i'm not saying this game will be the greatest ever, but i at least want to see if the always online requirement adds something worth it before calling bull. Also now that the game is delayed for PC we now know if the gameplay its good or not before having the chance of buying it.

I don't mind this if it means it'll look better, run better and have good controls. I haven't enjoyed a NFS game since undercover, and haven't gone back looking for more since NFSU2, so they've got to get it better than the rest of the crap they brought out.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I see it as very promising comeback of NFS:U2

they promise us NFS:U2 comeback on every iteration since Undercover

I can only see pisitives on tgis. Companies actually care enough to listen to what the end users want? Yes please. Shame it took batman to reach this point. But it is good to see the increasing attention pc gamers are getting. Kudos developers.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

I know that game, didn't spend more that an hour playing it, it was just a massive cash cow with the nfs name slapped on it, hell the bloody map was carbon and og most wanted stitched together, the most obvious sing it was a shitty project just to milk people.

The big difference with this game is that is a buy first, EA has at least some sense of mild decency with paid games, especially when the previous games of a series was utter crap or poorly received (like DA2 to DA:I) i'm not saying this game will be the greatest ever, but i at least want to see if the always online requirement adds something worth it before calling bull. Also now that the game is delayed for PC we now know if the gameplay its good or not before having the chance of buying it.

doesn't prevent them from releasing payed DLC, like they did with 60$ Battlefield iteration where they put new skins on characters to resemble policemen and criminals with only two maps

My only hope for a Racing game will either be a successful and amazingly executed NFS U2 remake

or they finally make Forza available for the damn PC