Can someone explain Volts, Amps and Watt's like I'm five?

EIijah

Could you have 10 amps, 100 volts and 20 amps, 50 volts powering the same thing? I ask this because once I said that my charger was slow because it was only 5 volts not 10, and someone said that's no why it's because it's only .5 amps not 1 and I didn't really think much of it at the time

No, it would probably blow up or break, it would use the same amount of power, but some stuff is not prepared to receive that amount volts or amps,normal chargers USB's use 5V-850mA(0.85A), others, charge  faster using more amps, but are said to damage the battery's lifespan, for example, the 12W Powerbrick that generally comes with the ipads, use 5V-2.4A.

I actually correct myself, W=V*A(watts equals volts time the amps)

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

No, it would probably blow up or break, it would use the same amount of power, but some stuff is not prepared to receive that amount volts or amps,normal chargers USB's use 5V-850mA(0.85A), others, charge  faster using more amps, but are said to damage the battery's lifespan, for example, the 12W Powerbrick that generally comes with the ipads, use 5V-2.4A.

I actually correct myself, W=V*A(watts equals volts time the amps)

Technically, you could use a power supply that can work with multiple voltages ;)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Ah shit i had to learn that shit last year, guess i forgot it

ah i know it, but translating to english from slovene is kinda hard for me

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Electricity is the movement of charges (ie electrons) around a circuit. Current (amps) is a measure of how many electrons are moving around the circuit every second. Volts are a measure of how much energy each electron has. Power (watts) is the combination of both of these -- it is the energy transferred every second.