Fake Friend Advice (Not your average white girl convo)

_JohnB330ci

Right, in real life I have a friend (YES I KNOW, ITS WEIRD) and his name is Jordan, he does a lot of covers on soundcloud and I believed that they were his as I know

he has no reason to steal them as I've seen him play in real life, but then. He said he could play dragon force songs such as Through The fire and the flames and

Heroes of our time so I became cautious of his "covers". Then shortly after I had a friend around and we was listening to a few of his older covers that he had done, of which

one was Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson, then Max pointed out that he doesn't think that Jordan can play that fast so I YouTubed covers of the song and found one pretty much

identical, but I ended up just leaving it as a coincidence. But recently, he has been rubbing in my face about me not being allowed to play certain shows at the school, due to

them not needed drumming there (I am a drummer) and it has just been annoying the hell out of me, so I was tempted to bring up what I had found out. But tonight, I decided

to listen to his cover of "Layla" By Eric Clapton and then I realised. I've fucking heard this cover before, so I bought up the covers and recorded them both, and put them into

audacity, after lowering the amplitude by -2DB (It was a rough guess) I ended up with this result: - Now what should I do, I don't know whether to confront him about it, or to

just leave it as I'm 99% sure he didn't do any of his covers.

KUTcmZy.png

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Why did you center align this?

Looks neater in my opinion. I shall change it.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

I feel like this is an ad....

Why?

Why did you center align this?

Best question 11/10 would read again.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

links so we can listen?, unless i missed them?

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

Why?

It was all center aligned so it looked like one of those bots that post ads on LTT.

https://soundcloud.com/11lynnj/eric-clapton-layla

It was all center aligned so it looked like one of those bots that post ads on LTT.

Agh right.

This.  I'd like to listen too.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

That's not how sound works.

I can play a cover of any song and my sound mix will look similar to the original one.

When you record an instrument for a basic cover, you're (supposed to be) playing every note the same as the original, whenever it's played. It's going to look like the original when you bring it up in that format.

That's not how sound works.

I can play a cover of any song and my sound mix will look similar to the original one.

When you record an instrument for a basic cover, you're (supposed to be) playing every note the same as the original, whenever it's played. It's going to look like the original when you bring it up in that format.

Yes but conventional covers of Layla don't include the extension on the end, and he never normally does longer versions, they're practically identical, its harder to hear it in the sound of it due to him knowing how to actual use audio editing software and slightly changing the pitch, more bass, and amplifying it.

Just watching the first ten seconds of that, he's actually playing it.

What's the issue?

That's not my friend. That's the cover I think he stole.

He must be really good at timing the guitar movements if he's not actually performing.

He must be really good at timing the guitar movements if he's not actually performing.

Just watching the first ten seconds of that, he's actually playing it.

What's the issue?

That's not the issue, the issue is that he's ripping YouTube covers and then uploading them to SoundCloud as his own.  The video is the original, the SoundCloud is the version in question.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

That's not my friend. That's the cover I think he stole.

so the soundcloud one is the one your friend is saying that's his?

Yeah it's definitely copy and paste. You don't even need to look at the sound waves to see that.

so the soundcloud one is the one your friend is saying that's his?

Yeah it's definitely copy and paste. You don't even need to look at the sound waves to see that.

What should I do about it then?

What should I do about it then?

Call him out on it in a text message and then post it to /r/quityourbullshit and rake in that karma.

Looks neater in my opinion. I shall change it.

Neater and impossible to read.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Neater and impossible to read.

Noted.

tbh, for someone who is doing their "own" covers, the audio volumes, quality of the tracks and style of playing seems all over the place, seems fishy to me =/ 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

I don't know much about guitars and stuff but saw this Youtube comment on the video: ''LOVE the improv riff from

-
'' and if it really is improv it's kinda dodgy that your friend makes the exact same improv at 1:12 -->  :D

| CPU: i5-4460 | GPU: GTX 750Ti Twin Frozr | Motherboard: Asus H97M-Plus | Ram: 2x4gb Kinkston ValueRam | CPU Cooler: Rajintek Aidos | PSU: Corsair VS550 | Storage: Kingston SSDNOW V300 120gb & 1TB WD Blue | Case: Sharkoon T28 Red | Case coolers: 3 Cooler Master SickleFlow Red Led | 

| HP ProBook 650 G1 | i5-4200M | Ram: 4gb | 500gb HDD |

Okay so I noticed something in the cover that was uploaded, in the comments someone said that the riff @ 1:12 is improvised.  I listened to the original, as I'm not much of a Clapton fan, and found that that lick is not in the original song.  So I decided to listen to your friend's cover, and sure enough there it was! This is a rip, plain and simple.  Your friend is a bad liar, if anyone would like me to isolate the three songs I would be more than happy to to prove a point for the OP.