School took my phone... AFTER giving me permission to use it.

Jack.EXE

Again, I'd bet all the money in my checking account against a box of donuts that he or his parents signed a form after being presented with a packet of school rules and protocols, essentially a ToS.

More like go into a student activity fund. That $10 will buy the paint for the homecoming banners.

This is the United States, not Norway. Check my previous post in this topic about guardianship

No matter what his parents signed or agreed to, they still gave him permission to use his phone only to then take it off him and request $10 for it back... Regardless of what the rules say, if they gave him permission to use his phone, and as a result waving that rule away for that instance, they should not have then taken it from him only to extort money from him.

No matter what his parents signed or agreed to, they still gave him permission to use his phone only to then take it off him and request $10 for it back... Regardless of what the rules say, if they gave him permission to use his phone, and as a result waving that rule away for that instance, they should not have then taken it from him only to extort money from him.

Just based off the OP, they game him permission to call his dad, and that's all we know. If the question was "Can I use my personal cell phone to call my dad," that's one thing, but we don't know. We just have this:

I asked "Can I go call my dad?"

the office told me that I could

Again, I'd bet all the money in my checking account against a box of donuts that he or his parents signed a form after being presented with a packet of school rules and protocols, essentially a ToS.

More like go into a student activity fund. That $10 will buy the paint for the homecoming banners.

This is the United States, not Norway. Check my previous post in this topic about guardianship

If you guys can't tell, I'm 100% on the side of school here. My mother is a public school teacher, my father was a public school teacher for a bit, I worked for a public school before I took a job at a private school. It's a different world altogether on the other side of the fence.

You can't sign away your rights, state and federal laws supersede shitty school "waivers".

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Just based off the OP, they game him permission to call his dad, and that's all we know. If the question was "Can I use my personal cell phone to call my dad," that's one thing, but we don't know. We just have this:

That's true... 

Still don't think it's fair; what's the difference between him using a school phone to call his dad, and just using his cell phone to call his dad? Not like he was using it in class or anything 

It doesn't matter. They shouldn't be taking the phone in the first place. No one takes my phone, I would expect no less from my child.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If you guys can't tell, I'm 100% on the side of school here. My mother is a public school teacher, my father was a public school teacher for a bit, I worked for a public school before I took a job at a private school. It's a different world altogether on the other side of the fence.

Roast...that was something called sarcasm....I understand it's not taught in schools its a natural thing you pick up first of all.  Second of all you don't know where that money will end up.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

If you did try to sue them at least in the UK it would be throne straight out of the court.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

At Deerfield where I go to school are asses would be whupped but I'm also on sick leave :(  I really wanted to go to World History today and study Roman Politics

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

School sucks. It is an institute to establish a mentality easy enough to crack later on for world domination and sheep herding. That said, I wouldn't pay it and I would steal it back or record them extorting you, and then use it to sue the school and stuff. Roll in that cash. Or I don't know...I'd do something but pay them.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If you did try to sue them at least in the UK it would be throne straight out of the court.

xD is that a pun?  Like throne instead of thrown because you guys have a Monarchy?

School sucks. It is an institute to establish a mentality easy enough to crack later on for world domination and sheep herding. That said, I wouldn't pay it and I would steal it back or record them extorting you, and then use it to sue the school and stuff. Roll in that cash. Or I don't know...I'd do something but pay them.

*Note to self* Don't get to close to albatross...

Wow ... You should tell your parents or try telling whoever took your phone that it's illegal.

Break fire alarm, go steal the phone while everyone is in panic

Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg

and this too

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

xD is that a pun?  Like throne instead of thrown because you guys have a Monarchy?

No I just forgot how to spell thrown properly.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

You can't sign away your rights, state and federal laws supersede shitty school "waivers".

You can provide consent to certain disciplinary practices, like detention (which would otherwise violate due process protections), searches of lockers/vehicles without warrants, etc. This has been upheld in multiple court rulings.

That's true... 

Still don't think it's fair; what's the difference between him using a school phone to call his dad, and just using his cell phone to call his dad? Not like he was using it in class or anything

It's a safety issue. Outside of education, a school's #1 priority is student safety. They need students to use the landline in the office in case something happens right after the student leaves campus. Say he calls someone on his cell phone, gets picked up, and is never seen again? It's difficult to get the phone records of who he called to pick him up. This is an extreme scenario, but one school systems have to address

No I just forgot how to spell thrown properly.

Aw, that would have been a great pun tho!

Nope. My kid uses the phone I gave them. The school can eat a dick. They don't have to like it. I am responsible for the safety of my kids. I know exactly how much of a let down schools are, I don't trust them as far as I can throw the lunchlady.

Break fire alarm, go steal the phone while everyone is in panic

Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg

Trolololollolololloloollloooooollll!

Yeah this is probably your best option by far.

*Note to self* Don't get to close to albatross...

Aw, don't worry, you're safe. ;)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Aw, don't worry, you're safe. ;)

That's exactly what he wants you to think....that wink really creeps me out...also that's like a pedo 101 phrase just saying...

That's exactly what he wants you to think....that wink really creeps me out...also that's like a pedo 101 phrase just saying...

Mastermind plan detected. :(

If a teacher tried to take my phone for any reason whatsoever it's not going to happen. Same thing with my laptop or any other personal items I bought.

Also I live next to 3 schools that have had shootings within the past 15 years so everyone's parents freak out if you don't have a phone on you.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

If a teacher tried to take my phone for any reason whatsoever it's not going to happen. Same thing with my laptop or any other personal items I bought.

Also I live next to 3 schools that have had shootings within the past 15 years so everyone's parents freak out if you don't have a phone on you.

Yep, if a student is using his phone in class it should be his own responsibility when he gets bad grades.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yep, if a student is using his phone in class it should be his own responsibility when he gets bad grades.

Perfect way to put it :)

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Issue was resolved... My dad came in and paid the $10, and then gave me a huge lecture later in the car.