UltraWide Festival 2015

Yeah, congrats to everyone that won!

Yeah, congrats to everyone that won!

Yes! Lots of those videos I had not seen even after searching many online.

Okay, even discounting my video existed, like 3 of those videos deserved to win (Vlad, Kacper, and Jason) , most of them are honestly.... "homosexual" as the kids say, im now going to proceed to have a temper tantrum and cry myself to sleep on oxycotton, zolpidem, and atleast 1L of sherry (yes I drink sherry, not everyone has large dispoable incomes) peace, I'm out female dogs.... but like really... congrats to everyone that won.

*sigh*

I have a degree in computer animation, and could have dazzled Linus with something along those lines. I thought that appealing to his dad side with my teaching-centric build was the better way to go, especially given that it took way more effort than an animation or song would have taken for me. I guess it just ended up looking generic or something.

*Iwillnotbeasoreloser**Iwillnotbeasoreloser**Iwillnotbeasoreloser*

On the WAN Show this week, Linus and Luke show mention some of the honorable mentions for the UltraWide Festival Contest.  

Okay, even discounting my video existed, like 3 of those videos deserved to win (Vlad, Kacper, and Jason) , most of them are honestly.... "homosexual" as the kids say, im now going to proceed to have a temper tantrum and cry myself to sleep on oxycotton, zolpidem, and atleast 1L of sherry (yes I drink sherry, not everyone has large dispoable incomes) peace, I'm out female dogs.... but like really... congrats to everyone that won.

I kinda agree , rylandjays video was good too hough

I kinda agree , rylandjays video was good too hough

yeah, you're right, I think I was just numbed to rap videos a lot because I watched all the entries from the start and there was so many rap videos.

What I'm annoyed about, is that Linus said "30 seconds max", yet the other 20 winners videos are all over 1 minute in length, he really should have clarified that it was just his 10 picks that had to be 30s max. 

I cant believe I won!!! I didn't win from Linus' picks, but Jahova picked me for his. Congrats to all the semi finalists! 

*sigh*I have a degree in computer animation, and could have dazzled Linus with something along those lines. I thought that appealing to his dad side with my teaching-centric build was the better way to go, especially given that it took way more effort than an animation or song would have taken for me. I guess it just ended up looking generic or something.*Iwillnotbeasoreloser**Iwillnotbeasoreloser**Iwillnotbeasoreloser*

I was really suprised by not seing your work on the site. Of course, I'm extremely happy that I got in, but still - in my opinion you should have made it too. Especially because of all the good stuff that you do for others.

have any semi finalists received their emails yet? ive gotten the initial confirmation everyone else who entered got, so im not worried if i input my email wrong, but just wondering if theyve been sent out. 

Oh man that is a bummer.  When you think there are 30 chances to win and you still don't make it....

Looking back I wish my daughter and I would have done some things differently.  First, we didn't mention specs in the video really, because her computer was in the shop.  Second we have zero animation/video editing skills.  This was a first video for us and it probably showed.  Third, I was a bit concerned about copyright infringement so I didn't add music or bash Dell (the maker of her laptop). 

Oh well, if there is an Ultrawide Festival 2016 we will certainly try again, and by next year we should have more skills.  It was fun.

On a side note, the first time her Dell was in the shop the HDD died, and the second time the screen died.  Even if we had mentioned specs on her Dell then they would already be different by now.  Dell somehow doesn't have a replacement screen for their laptop (btw it wasn't dropped, no physical damage anywhere, not even scuffs really), so they are sending a different (refurbished) laptop.  I'm not too happy about that, but the specs are slightly better (1TB HD instead of 500GB and an Nvidia 920M instead of Intel HD whatever). 

Here's the video we made:

Oh man that is a bummer.  When you think there are 30 chances to win and you still don't make it....

Looking back I wish my daughter and I would have done some things differently.  First, we didn't mention specs in the video really, because her computer was in the shop.  Second we have zero animation/video editing skills.  This was a first video for us and it probably showed.  Third, I was a bit concerned about copyright infringement so I didn't add music or bash Dell (the maker of her laptop). 

Oh well, if there is an Ultrawide Festival 2016 we will certainly try again, and by next year we should have more skills.  It was fun.

On a side note, the first time her Dell was in the shop the HDD died, and the second time the screen died.  Even if we had mentioned specs on her Dell then they would already be different by now.  Dell somehow doesn't have a replacement screen for their laptop (btw it wasn't dropped, no physical damage anywhere, not even scuffs really), so they are sending a different (refurbished) laptop.  I'm not too happy about that, but the specs are slightly better (1TB HD instead of 500GB and an Nvidia 920M instead of Intel HD whatever). 

Wait have the winners been announced?

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Well new here but, I didnt win (little let down but still was fun to participate!).

Here was mine:

Congrats to the winners!

I saw a video that I thought was really good but then I was not able to ever find it again.  It was a guy showing his system (obviously) but then was asking Linus for help with a problem that happens when rendering.  As he panned the camera across his GPU's caught fire, his monitor caught fire, and then his fan caught fire.  If anyone finds that one then I think it is also worth an honorable mention at least.

I saw a video that I thought was really good but then I was not able to ever find it again.  It was a guy showing his system (obviously) but then was asking Linus for help with a problem that happens when rendering.  As he panned the camera across his GPU's caught fire, his monitor caught fire, and then his fan caught fire.  If anyone finds that one then I think it is also worth an honorable mention at least.

:( thanks for the link I haven't been able to follow the forum much since I entered the competition my motherboards power delivery to the cpu had a fault and was pushing 1.48 volts through my cpu only just got the board replacement but well done to all the winners  

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Well... that's it for me. :) the last time I ever try for a contest (too many to count). With what little hardware (phone basically) and a borrowed pc i have atm. I thought I'd have a decent shot of at least placing. I've tried content creation for around a year now. Music, digital art, game deving, and videos. I just don't have what it takes apparently... haha...:/ I don't think pc is for me anymore. Oh well toodles all. :)

I'm very sad now because I didn't win. I watched all the semi-finalists videos and I think only the videos that Linus picked are worth. The others are... meh.

My video consisted of a cardboard crafted pc that seems to work but actually the monitor is connected to my laptop, which is displaying a video. Then the PC crashes and it catches fire.

I spent a lot of time into making the PC case and the video didn't turned out to be the idea I had in mind. It was OK, but not great.

Now I really don't want to watch any more videos.

arghhhhh.. Well better luck next time I guess...

Congrats to the winners. I am curious what specific criteria they each had when reviewing and judging. I found several videos that I thought would win and were better than mine, yet didn't. So I'm curious how certain videos won over others.

Several of the winners' videos are 1:25 to 4:00+ long.  So, only Linus required them to be 0:30?