UltraWide Festival 2015

This answers some questions!

@LinusTech Are you tired of watching all of the Ultrawide Fest videos?

@BlkMtnLights no I'm doing it this weekend.

This tells me there is a high chance that Linus hasn't looked at any entries and was saving it for this weekend for a great big binge watch for his pick of 10. Also, even though we have to wait till the 7th for the official announcement, last I checked there wasn't anything in the email that implicated that none of us could get the 'you're a chosen winner' email between now and then.

I was worried about this too, but linus responded to a tweet yesterday saying that he's reviewing the submissions this weekend. 

You ninja'd me! lol

I applied in time and even got a confirmation email, but I didn't get the email regarding Oct. 7, and now I'm freaking out :D Does anyone have the same issue?

I have it to...

Oh yea, after I made the post, I looked a page back and saw his tweet. This is good to know.

I hate to be the bear of bad news, but I fear for our chances.

On october 2nd, I was expecting an email saying if we won or not. So I kept checking my email on my phone. When I finally got the email from Ultrawide, my heart rate skyrocketed. I read the first few words that say "Thank you..." then my heart sank and I was terrified. I was expecting it to say, "Thank you, but you didn't make it" or something. It didn't, and I was so relieved. But it said we would have to wait till October 7th. All this waiting is killing me! At least from the looks of it, there is a glimmer of hope for all of us.

But, on the official website, it says "Semi Finalists selection process will be completed by October 2nd, and the semi finalists will be notified of their selection via e-mail addressed they submitted on their application. If a selected person does not reply our notice e-mail within 7 days after the issue of the e-mail, subsequent nominees will replace the person's status as Semi Finalist."

It says it will be finished by Oct 2. So now I am afraid that while we all got the email saying winners announced on Oct 7th, there are 30 people out there that got the "You've won" email. LG is just hoping they will reply before Oct 7th so LG can put their name on the website. SOMEONE PROVE ME WRONG!

Glad to see someone who did a horror theme too!!!!!! 

︻デ┳═ー - - - - === = -٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Is this the original email or the one that came though yesterday?

I have not received any email from LG or Ultrawide....   Is there any way I can check to see if my Submission went through or not?

I think they have postponed the announcement date to 7th OCT. cause there were too many videos to watch or they didn't have the time to review them.

Just think about it: If there are 1000 videos they will have to watch 8.3 hours of videos!

Glad to see someone who did a horror theme too!!!!!! 

Oh yea. You're the one with the video with the group worshiping the PC? It was very well executed. You must have put in a lot of time and effort in making it happen.

I think mine was poorly executed with the limited time and resources. Haha I am not a good actor.

I think they have postponed the announcement date to 7th OCT. cause there were too many videos to watch or they didn't have the time to review them.

Just think about it: If there are 1000 videos they will have to watch 8.3 hours of videos!

You do make a really good point. I thought the same thing too, but I didn't think about the time it would take to watch it all. 8.3 hours is a lot. GL to the sponsers.

Thanks! Yeah i was trying to mimic that iconic scene from 2001 space odyssey. At least linus & lewis prbly have some help going through the videos. Imagine poor jahova. I think he is a one man operation. I think he is married, so he might get some help in that there, but these guys are all going to be a little salty after watching 10+ hours of these. :) 

Thanks! Yeah i was trying to mimic that iconic scene from 2001 space odyssey. At least linus & lewis prbly have some help going through the videos. Imagine poor jahova. I think he is a one man operation. I think he is married, so he might get some help in that there, but these guys are all going to be a little salty after watching 10+ hours of these. :)

And lucky for linus he stipulated a max time of 30 seconds the others have unlimited time.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

And lucky for linus he stipulated a max time of 30 seconds the others have unlimited time.

I saw a lot of videos that were a few seconds over, so he will probably be able to eliminate those without watching them, which will help a little.

I saw a lot of videos that were a few seconds over, so he will probably be able to eliminate those without watching them, which will help a little.

A few seconds over, sure. I doubt he'll eliminate videos that display as being 31 or 32 seconds long, though. YouTube tends to be somewhat inaccurate with exact timecodes. For example, my actual video file is one frame short of being 30 seconds long, but depending on the device on which I view the YouTube version (as well as the alignment of the stars, how many Cheetos I've eaten, and the quantum fluctuation of my mother's maiden name) it jumps between 31, 29, and 30 seconds long for the displayed length of the video. I think a +/- 2 seconds leeway would be fair for judging.

I dont get it how Youtube says that your videos have different lenght. I made mine in vegas pro, and it was excatly 29:980. Youtube always says that its 30 seconds, no matter the device. However I agree that 1 or 2 seconds more shoudnt make a differance.

I dont get it how Youtube says that your videos have different lenght. I made mine in vegas pro, and it was excatly 29:980. Youtube always says that its 30 seconds, no matter the device. However I agree that 1 or 2 seconds more shoudnt make a differance.

I've seen it happen on other's videos, and I've seen lots of other people complain about the same thing that happened to mine. I really don't know what caused it, but my video was 29 seconds and 59 frames (out of 60) exported from Premiere Pro CC 2015 with all the right settings for YouTube (12Mbps h.264 with an MP4 container, etc.) and that's what it does for mine.

Vegas pro master race xD. Just kidding. Vegas pro is s**t :/. But its waaay cheaper. At least it was when I was buying it few years back. What I meant was that Im just curious why it happens to your video. I honestly thought that my video would have similar behaviour.

Vegas pro master race xD. Just kidding. Vegas pro is s**t :/. But its waaay cheaper. At least it was when I was buying it few years back. What I meant was that Im just curious why it happens to your video. I honestly thought that my video would have similar behaviour.

How come everyone has expensive editing softwares and I am stuck here with hitfilm 3 express?

Will trade a bacon sandwich for anything from LinusTechTips

How come everyone has expensive editing softwares and I am stuck here with hitfilm 3 express?

In my case - I run a small home studio and a YouTube channel. I do have a job and spend all my money for a gear instead of for example a car which I dream about... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/KacperZygowski

In my case - I run a small home studio and a YouTube channel. I do have a job and spend all my money for a gear instead of for example a car which I dream about... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/KacperZygowski

Ditto. I am SO broke because of my stupid computer projects. The software comes relatively cheap for me, though. Since I'm a teacher, I get the entire Adobe Creative Suite for the price an average person would pay for one piece of Adobe software, normally. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/adahop

Ditto. I am SO broke because of my stupid computer projects. The software comes relatively cheap for me, though. Since I'm a teacher, I get the entire Adobe Creative Suite for the price an average person would pay for one piece of Adobe software, normally. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/adahop

lucky, i just have to use whatever free software i can find lying around on the shady parts of the internet (not pirated though)

Two more days until we know... I wonder what time Wednesday the site will show the winners.

Two more days until we know... I wonder what time Wednesday the site will show the winners.

I've got a feeling that people who are chosen know already. But...hopefully you're right :)

I've got a feeling that people who are chosen know already. But...hopefully you're right :)

we can all still hope that we have a chance of winning

if they did, then they are not talking about it. been monitoring social media hashtags, and so far no one has said anything. tagboard.com 

Please don't say that haha, I hate to sound arrogant but I feel I have a good chance, the suspense is already killing me. :(

Im not being humble here but i think so too about my work ^^. Cmon, show yours :).