UltraWide Festival 2015

So tomorrow is the day

yes it is. I hope the winners are good ones so that i dont feel that i shouldv'e beaten them

Will trade a bacon sandwich for anything from LinusTechTips

yes it is. I hope the winners are good ones so that i dont feel that i shouldv'e beaten them

Yeah

Because first time this is the talent based giveaway

I hope winners will good ones

Yeah

Because first time this is the talent based giveaway

I hope winners will good ones

Yeah...'cause....you know. It's a contest, not a giveaway ^^. The point of giveaway is the fact that it's not talent based :P

Yeah...'cause....you know. It's a contest, not a giveaway ^^. The point of giveaway is the fact that it's not talent based :P

Yeah i Know it's a contest not a giveaway but linus used the world "giveaway"

Just in case anyone was curious, Linus tweeted a few hours ago that he was just now reviewing the videos.

Just in case anyone was curious, Linus tweeted a few hours ago that he was just now reviewing the videos.

I saw that... He also says 31 seconds is fine. Guess we will see in the morning unless they delay it further. Still excited.

Same here! Where I'm at it just turned 11PM, Time difference means for Linus it'd be 8pm. So anyone looking to stay up till the last second to see who wins (if the announcement + update to contest page is done at midnight), you'll have to wait another 4 hours or so. As for me, I'm heading to bed, lol. Gotta get up early for work. Cheers peeps, and good luck to all!

Oh boy, 
"love this entry but ive got to be pretty discriminating at this point & it doesnt show the current rig.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMNjosq6fyE "

I hope mine doesn't get cut. It only shows my "rig" (a laptop) for 1 second at the end of my video. This is making me soo nervous!

Oh boy, 
"love this entry but ive got to be pretty discriminating at this point & it doesnt show the current rig.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMNjosq6fyE "

I hope mine doesn't get cut. It only shows my "rig" (a laptop) for 1 second at the end of my video. This is making me soo nervous!

I'm out! Sucks for many that made great animations too.

Oh boy, 

My rig is in the first 5 seconds (with specs at the bottom of the description) and the rest of the video is about a secondary rig I made for my students. I hope that doesn't ax mine.

you guys think that your video is out, i bet mine didn't even get a glance. i'll be honest, i wasn't even creative and the video was done at the last moment of the deadline.

I Hope he doesnt ax reposts or people hwho tweeted him more than once.

My goodness it's been the 7th in America for 20 minutes by now and it's 4:20pm here in LG's country Korea. How much more of being the 7th does it have to be before they will announce? Jeez lol

Im pretty sure the contest is not made by Korean division but Usa/Canada

oh no :( Mine says all my specs, and you see all my peripherals clearly, but the actual rig is only ever seen on the edge of shots, I hope when he says "show the current rig" he means spec wise, because that's all he said in the original comp video.

assuming that they have not contacted winners and given them some sort of nda already, i would say sometime in the next five hours or so. it is like midnight over there in 5 hours or so i think. they said that winners would know by friday.

12:00 AM Friday, in South Korea is

8:00 AM Thursday, Pacific Time (PT)

If you read this from the Ultra-wide Festival 2015 ->

If a selected person does not reply our notice e-mail within 7 days after the issue of the e-mail, subsequent nominees will replace the person's status as Semi Finalist.

There maybe no announcement for atleast another few days.

If a winner does not receive, or notice that email or worse doesn't reply. The decision could extend until Christmas... maybe!

Good luck everyone

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

<snip>

Yes, but right above that it says "UltraWide Festival 2015 application has ended. The selected works of 30 semifinalists will be posted on our website on October 7th, 2015. Selected semifinalists will be notified individually via e-mail."

That tells me that they'll post the winners and email them around the same time. They'll just pick someone else if one of the first 30 semifinalists has their head in the sand or something.

I wonder what time will the emails are going to be sent.

Last email I believe was sent around 12pm Eastern time. So I'm assuming around then.

oh no :( Mine says all my specs, and you see all my peripherals clearly, but the actual rig is only ever seen on the edge of shots, I hope when he says "show the current rig" he means spec wise, because that's all he said in the original comp video.

lol i was worried about this too, but thankfully i had time to actually post the "Obligatory Setup Photo" as well as tag specs within the video in a few seconds of a shot that actually contained my setup in it. WHEW. hope it's enough.