UltraWide Festival 2015

I was one of the people who never received a confirmation email, but I did just receive this from the festival:

Thank you very much for applying in UltraWide Festival. With the participation by many talented tech enthusiasts, application period has ended successfully.

Your submitted work along with other applicants’ is now being reviewed by Linus, Lewis, and Jahova, the Inspirers of UltraWide Festival.

The selected works of 30 semifinalists will be posted on our website on October 7th, 2015. Selected semifinalists will be notified individually via e-mail.

Got it too.. Lame. 5 more days of waiting :D

I know right? Don't think I was the only one thinking that we'd know if we won by today lol.

i recieved a conformation e-mail from them on Sept. 25, when i first submitted my application and now i just recieved another saying they'll announce the winners by Oct. 7. in any case people, hope everyone gets some nice sleep until Oct. 7, i know i didn't. :lol:

i recieved a conformation e-mail from them on Sept. 25, when i first submitted my application and now i just recieved another saying they'll announce the winners by Oct. 7. in any case people, hope everyone gets some nice sleep until Oct. 7, i know i didn't. :lol:

ha beat me by a minute :)

3DMark Firestrike 21228 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1922242

Lol. Just got a confirmation email that the mentors will now review the videos and the winner will be picked in 7 days. And i deleted my video an hour ago...

Why would you do that O.o.

Anyway, suriosly...? :(. On ultrawidefestival.com is an info that the judging ends today... Ehs.

you could always buy a load of pillows for acoustic reasons.

That's not a bad idea.  If my daughter starts blasting one more Minecraft parody song then I may just need to sound insulate that room.

I believe the winners are going to be announced on Friday the 2nd of October.

Yea, i just saw the email they sent me :)

Magical Pineapples

I believe the winners are going to be announced on Friday the 2nd of October.

Magical Pineapples

Hey all,

For the past 3 years I have desperately wanted a good PC to enter into the computer world. Half price laptops are the only thing keeping me going. I have a dream of an old-themed setup, complete to my own specifications. I love my desk and went as far as to build a replica setup out of cardboard. This is as close as i can get to the real thing, and really enjoyed making the setup. I made a youtube video and the camera quality is meh, but I tried my best to represent my Dream Setup. Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q86vmIbBRb4

21909209861_79f8787ca2_b.jpg

21711473470_946c499888_k.jpg

21711469290_fbbf39f209_k.jpg

You mean the email that said they'll announce the winners on Oct. 7 or something else?

I applied in time and even got a confirmation email, but I didn't get the email regarding Oct. 7, and now I'm freaking out :D Does anyone have the same issue?

I applied in time and even got a confirmation email, but I didn't get the email regarding Oct. 7, and now I'm freaking out :D Does anyone have the same issue?

So far you are the first person who has mentioned this problem. 

Will trade a bacon sandwich for anything from LinusTechTips

So far you are the first person who has mentioned this problem.

Thank you for responding, do you have any idea what I need to do now? I don't want to lose the chance of winning after creating a video just due to an error in the system...

Thank you for responding, do you have any idea what I need to do now? I don't want to lose the chance of winning after creating a video just due to an error in the system...

I guess all you can do is wait. You could try emailing LG or someone but I'm not sure how effective that would be.

I guess all you can do is wait. You could try emailing LG or someone but I'm not sure how effective that would be.

You're right, I emailed LG via the contact on ultrawidefestival.com. I'll let you know once I hear anything. Thank you!

I emailed lg yesterday with the question about semifinalists selection process (mail sais it ends 7th, but on the site it clearly says the 2nd). So far no answer.

No problem about the replying as well. I always try to reply if I can. It would appear that I'm the most senior member around here at the moment anyway so that's always fun.

HELP!!!!! I did not get a confirmation email when i submitted my post.......  And i double and tripple checked my email that I put in before I submittted it.   Did anyone else have this issue?

HELP!!!!! I did not get a confirmation email when i submitted my post.......  And i double and tripple checked my email that I put in before I submittted it.   Did anyone else have this issue?

Is this the original email or the one that came though yesterday?

I hate to be the bear of bad news, but I fear for our chances.

On october 2nd, I was expecting an email saying if we won or not. So I kept checking my email on my phone. When I finally got the email from Ultrawide, my heart rate skyrocketed. I read the first few words that say "Thank you..." then my heart sank and I was terrified. I was expecting it to say, "Thank you, but you didn't make it" or something. It didn't, and I was so relieved. But it said we would have to wait till October 7th. All this waiting is killing me! At least from the looks of it, there is a glimmer of hope for all of us.

But, on the official website, it says "Semi Finalists selection process will be completed by October 2nd, and the semi finalists will be notified of their selection via e-mail addressed they submitted on their application. If a selected person does not reply our notice e-mail within 7 days after the issue of the e-mail, subsequent nominees will replace the person's status as Semi Finalist."

It says it will be finished by Oct 2. So now I am afraid that while we all got the email saying winners announced on Oct 7th, there are 30 people out there that got the "You've won" email. LG is just hoping they will reply before Oct 7th so LG can put their name on the website. SOMEONE PROVE ME WRONG!

I hate to be the bear of bad news, but I fear for our chances.

On october 2nd, I was expecting an email saying if we won or not. So I kept checking my email on my phone. When I finally got the email from Ultrawide, my heart rate skyrocketed. I read the first few words that say "Thank you..." then my heart sank and I was terrified. I was expecting it to say, "Thank you, but you didn't make it" or something. It didn't, and I was so relieved. But it said we would have to wait till October 7th. All this waiting is killing me! At least from the looks of it, there is a glimmer of hope for all of us.

But, on the official website, it says "Semi Finalists selection process will be completed by October 2nd, and the semi finalists will be notified of their selection via e-mail addressed they submitted on their application. If a selected person does not reply our notice e-mail within 7 days after the issue of the e-mail, subsequent nominees will replace the person's status as Semi Finalist."

It says it will be finished by Oct 2. So now I am afraid that while we all got the email saying winners announced on Oct 7th, there are 30 people out there that got the "You've won" email. LG is just hoping they will reply before Oct 7th so LG can put their name on the website. SOMEONE PROVE ME WRONG!

I was worried about this too, but linus responded to a tweet yesterday saying that he's reviewing the submissions this weekend.