Can a bullet scatter to small pieces?

Recon97

This guy is really scaring me....He's gonna be a terrorist that shoots people with bullets from a frying pan...the NSA would code name him Pot-Head

LoL. I did that way back the. When I was a kid. You can't accuse me of being a terrorist now,ha!

But the real question is that why I was not hurt by it. I was standing like 2 foots away and I think I got lucky in a very good way. Just before the bullet was to explode I changed its direction to the wall otherwise that day it would be a headshot!

The powder in the cartridge will ignite, but the bullet will have next to no velocity because it has no barrel to compress it. The actual bullet will not shatter into servral pieces, even if it hits something. The bullet is traveling so slowly it will not do anything majorly harmful, but still, be careful

LoL. I did that way back the. When I was a kid. You can't accuse me of being a terrorist now,ha!

Omg...he used to be a terrorist....NSA if you're watching this, firstly hi!  Secondly don't question how many times I fap a day. Thirdly how's your day going?  Fourthly profile this guy because he's got me piss scared now.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

It seems I am no longer the resident gun "expert" anymore. lol

There are many of us now.. 

bad idea.

I want to echo this. 

So what you are all saying is I should get a handful of these and throw them in a campfire?

Precisely.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Think of a bullet in terms of a fire cracker.

If it "explodes" while sitting on a flat surface it's fragments are going to expand in a dome shape, and much like a fire cracker there won't be much left.

However if you place it inside something then it can do some serious damage unless the released energy is channeled safely.  A gun is designed to channel that energy down the barrel allowing you to control where the object hits.

Just a word of note do not try and set them off like fire crackers as the shrapnel will still harm you if you get hit.