Adblock Plus launches Android and IOS browser

CaptainGazzz

While Apple gears up for iOS 9 and media speculate on some apps in private beta, we’ve gone ahead and launched. That’s right, starting right now you can download Adblock Browser from the App Store for your Apple devices and from the Google Play Store for your Android ones. Adblock Browser blocks annoying ads right out of the box, all in one app.

I probably won't switch to this new browser, but I actually want to try it out. I honestly don't think that I will notice the absence of ads when I'm not paying attention to it. On the other hand, the claims that they have made are quite attractive; less malware, since the pages that advertise it don't show up, and up to 20% less battery consumption and of course less data consumption. The last one is probably the most attractive to most people. What do you think of the launch?

Source: link

'Make sure to wear a wool sweater and to stand on a carpet while working on PC's' -Linus 2015

Don't really visit too many websites when I'm on my phone, LTT and that's about it.... no ads on the mobile version of the forum. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Ads are a terrible source of revenue, if a site is popular enough it should have sponsored ads which will not be blocked by adblockers. 

The thing is though, it's a browser, and I see no reason as to why you'd watch Youtube videos through your browser when there's a Youtube app

Adblock in general.

The thing is though, it's a browser, and I see no reason as to why you'd watch Youtube videos through your browser when there's a Youtube app

Because there's a exploit to where you can have tabs opened in the background and play youtube music while surfing the web.

Ads are a terrible source of revenue, if a site is popular enough it should have sponsored ads which will not be blocked by adblockers. 

If this was true then there would be no ads. And besides, you're forgetting about new websites that still need some money. 

If this was true then there would be no ads. And besides, you're forgetting about new websites that still need some money. 

Just because it's a bad source of money doesn't mean it's not viable, you will of course make money, probably even enough to pay for your site, however, if you were using sponsored ads you would be making at the very least double. Not to mention the fact that a lot of people that specifically pay you for ads will have a decent product as opposed to the terrible things adsense displays (even after tweaking the settings).

I will be checking this out, but also don't do a lot of browsing on my phone.  So I don't see it being overly useful, but I was trying to look something up at the store the other day, and the first few sites I went to were basically worthless because I couldn't get past the ads.  So, if it helps there, than I may use it more often.

I personally have Adaway on my Galaxy S4, which is universal (that is, it works on all apps).

Adblock's solution just seems dumb to me, especially since most big websites/services have their own apps, which likely have ads in them.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

It's less of an issue on my new phone, but I often did watch YT on Chrome app instead of YT app. Main issue was, for no discernible reason, videos loaded slower on the YT app. Beats me...

Anyway, I'm definitely going to give this new browser a shot. The only good ad is no ad.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

They probably did it because it's rumored that Apple is going to introduce Ad block for iOS.

If sites had ads like lmg i would be so happy.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

And then people start crying when Youtube becomes a subscription service.

I'm prepared to pay as long as I don't get ads and I get other benefits (music streaming, LET SET THE QUALITY IN MOBILE DATA FOR GOD SAKE, perhaps some shows and movies?)

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Don't really visit too many websites when I'm on my phone, LTT and that's about it.... no ads on the mobile version of the forum.

Except annoying taptalk takong the whole screen forcing you to react...

I heard its just a BETA version though. Nlt sure how true that is but i surely will wait a month to see what happens to people who do use it.

If it turns out to be safe to use then im in.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Well if you root your phone like every android user should, you can use AdAway...

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I have my tablet rooted and I just use an adblocking app, I think it's called AdAway but IDR.

There are some mobile sites that are literally unusable because of the amount of ads placed on the pages.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089