Beyerdynamic.

Merc.

I've been thinking about purchasing the DX 160 ie. Is it good? What about the sound quality? Durable? Isolation? I haven't seen anyone speaking about them. At least too much... So is it a good headphone?

King of Off Topic.

"meh"

Can you recommend better in ear in the same price range then? (Momentum in-ears look too boring so not buying that)

King of Off Topic.

I've been thinking about purchasing the DX 160 ie. Is it good? What about the sound quality? Durable? Isolation? I haven't seen anyone speaking about them. At least too much... So is it a good headphone?

How much are Shure SE-215 where you're located?

They are an extremely well reviewed & recommended IEM, loads of people really like em.

Also maybe Fostex IE-05 are similarly priced there too?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

They are an extremely well reviewed & recommended IEM, loads of people really like em.

SE215 is about 100€ but I don't like the looks and I've heard the cable is horrible.

King of Off Topic.

I have the SE215 and I really like it, is very comfortable and isolate the outside noise very well. And sound really good too.  The cable is not so bad, it only a little heavy. Keep it in mind, though, I only have them for some months. 

If you want a IEM in this price range, check Dmitri`s comparison between SE215 and Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear on HardwareCanucks (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRfcuSjurvo&list=PLknCNmc8uMa7qMMQGdoV-n2vWoxBhtiK3&index=13). 

MEElectronics M6 Pros are rather well liked on /r/headphones. Never had a pair myself though.

SE215 is about 100€ but I don't like the looks and I've heard the cable is horrible.

Have a look at the se215 blue. They have a little more bass, and they look far more interesting than the normal ones.

Also, it's an in ear, so why are you worried about looks? It literally sits in your ears where very few people will see...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Why do looks matter to you?

I see where he comes from I think, the over ear thing makes you look like a dork walking around, but too each his own.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I see where he comes from I think, the over ear thing makes you look like a dork walking around, but too each his own.

I know looks do tend to matter. Its like the plating on a cullinary dish. If its plated real nice, it could taste a bit subpar, but the plating will atleast convince them to take that first bite. That said, in-ears are in the ear. Not like anyone would notice unless it has a weird shell.

I know looks do tend to matter. Its like the plating on a cullinary dish. If its plated real nice, it could taste a bit subpar, but the plating will atleast convince them to take that first bite. That said, in-ears are in the ear. Not like anyone would notice unless it has a weird shell.

It's not about the shell I think he's talking about the way it goes over your ear and makes it look different then a regular earbud or iem that does not go over your ear, that's the reason I bought the momentums instead of the se215 when I was looking for a new iem.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

It's not about the shell I think he's talking about the way it goes over your ear and makes it look different then a regular earbud or iem that does not go over your ear, that's the reason I bought the momentums instead of the se215 when I was looking for a new iem.

Fair enough.

So should I buy the dx 160 ie? Is it worth it? Thats what I want to know.

King of Off Topic.

How does thin air talk... if u get it

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

So should I buy the dx 160 ie? Is it worth it? Thats what I want to know.

Go and test before buying, ur taste for music is the biggest factor,beyers have a great reputation for their headphones,i use the C.O.P and its epic.so i wont expect bad from their earphone line.

Go and try out the earphones if u can, give shure,audiotechnica,seinheiser and sony a chance.

Build quality shouldnt be a problem.

Shure se 215

Seinheiser momentum in ear

Seinheiser cx series

Audio tech im50

Sony xba

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

Go and test before buying, ur taste for music is the biggest factor,beyers have a great reputation for their headphones,i use the C.O.P and its epic.so i wont expect bad from their earphone line.

Go and try out the earphones if u can, give shure,audiotechnica,seinheiser and sony a chance.

Build quality shouldnt be a problem.

Shure se 215

Seinheiser momentum in ear

Seinheiser cx series

Audio tech im50

Sony xba

I can't test iems at the stores...

King of Off Topic.

I can't test iems at the stores...

what country are u in?

what country are u in?

I live in a cold and dark country called Finland.

King of Off Topic.