EasyUS OS Cloning Not Working

JakeMnz

I just got an SSD and I want to move my OS (Win10) from my HDD to that SSD. Everywhere I looked said the best way (other than a clean install) is to use EasyUS and clone the HDD over to the SSD. I backed up the HDD and wiped it clean of everything but the OS and some programs then cloned it over to the SSD. Well all of the files for Windows transferred over to it, but my computer isn't able to find Windows on it. If I disable my HDD and boot into my SSD I'll get a message saying that I need to put bootable media onto the device, even though Windows is supposed to be on it.

Can anyone help me out?

should have used clonezilla

Did you follow the steps on how to clone from hdd to ssd?

And can you make a Linux USB? If so, do so and load into the LiveDesktop and navigate to your SSD and see if  you can see the content on the drive. If so, you might only have to rebuild the boot loader.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

if you have nothing but your OS on that HDD why are you cloning...

you should not clone from a HDD to an SSD

take the time to do a proper clean install, it will help you avoid a lot of issues in the future

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

if you have nothing but your OS on that HDD why are you cloning...

you should not clone from a HDD to an SSD

take the time to do a proper clean install, it will help you avoid a lot of issues in the future

Already tried a clean install, it won't allow me. That's why I'm stuck with cloning.

Already tried a clean install, it won't allow me. That's why I'm stuck with cloning.

However do you mean?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

However do you mean?

No matter what I do the drive is always formatted wrong according to the installer. I've tried every logical format, none are working. I had the same problem when I originally installed Win10 on my HDD. I don't know how I fixed it because quite frankly, I did nothing different in all my installation attempts. A few other people I talked to said they had a similar bug/experience.

No matter what I do the drive is always formatted wrong according to the installer. I've tried every logical format, none are working. I had the same problem when I originally installed Win10 on my HDD. I don't know how I fixed it because quite frankly, I did nothing different in all my installation attempts. A few other people I talked to said they had a similar bug/experience.

Ah, I had that problem before. All I did was install Ubuntu over the drive for maximum laziness and then install Windows directly over the Ubuntu install. However, if you format the drive to NTFS (not sure how you exactly do that for SSD, as I heard the normal method kills them or something?) you can then install Windows 10 fresh.

It might help you to read this link:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Ah, I had that problem before. All I did was install Ubuntu over the drive for maximum laziness and then install Windows directly over the Ubuntu install. However, if you format the drive to NTFS (not sure how you exactly do that for SSD, as I heard the normal method kills them or something?) you can then install Windows 10 fresh.

It might help you to read this link:

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

It's been a long day...

I formatted once again, repeated everything I did the first time around and the Win10 installer recognized my SSD. I got it to work miraculously, once again. Thanks for the help, I'll bookmark this in case I ever need to use Linux to fix God know what with Win10.

Backup and Clone is different, did you make a backup and make the backup image on ssd directly? it is not clone, you may need restore the imageon ssd through a boot disk, then restart it.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/explain-difference-between-cloning-hard-drive-backing-up.249580/

http://kb.easeus.com/art.php?id=10006