Minecraft Server help. Not Eula related.

liilMatt

I could use some help with setting up my minecraft server again. Looks like since I switched to windows 10, I can't get my old server to run.

So instead of fiddling with what I did before (which was mess around with things until it worked), figured I'd re-download it and see if it works. It.... it did not.

So maybe now is a good time to work through how to do it proper and actually know what I am doing.

If you have a moment to spare, I promise I will be quick on the response.

The problem I face is the same issue with Eula (changing it to true). Before you agree to Eula, and try and start it server it opens and closes quickly. I have changed Eula, and am still having the issue. Guesses?

use no-ip

you can get a free domain name

and there is a small piece of software you keep on your PC that will update the domain name every time your IP changes

this way you dont need to worry about your ip changing because the domain name will always point to your PC :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

use no-ip

and there is a small piece of software you keep on your PC that will update the domain name every time your IP changes

this way you dont need to worry about your ip changing because the domain name will always point to your PC :)

I will look into that. Thanks!

I will look into that. Thanks!

Youre welcome :D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

use no-ip

Only thing he has to worry about then is setting his PC to use a static IP instead of dynamic, that way he doesn't have to keep port-forwarding for different local IPs :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Youre welcome :D

Just out of curiosity, do you why when I host, and anyone joins (including myself), why we don't spawn at the intended sapwn point. Is the a server property i should change, where is it? Thanks!

Only thing he has to worry about then is setting his PC to use a static IP instead of dynamic, that way he doesn't have to keep port-forwarding for different local IPs :P

Control over static vs Dynamic IP isn't something I can do over my PC specifically is it? I would have to change it over the router wouldn't I?

Control over static vs Dynamic IP isn't something I can do over my PC specifically is it? I would have to change it over the router wouldn't I?

Its something you set in your router's settings yes.

As long as the nic you're using to connect to the router remains the same, your local IP will stay the same. (Assuming that you set a static IP for the NIC's MAC address)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just out of curiosity, do you why when I host, and anyone joins (including myself), why we don't spawn at the intended sapwn point. Is the a server property i should change, where is it? Thanks!

you can OP yourself and do /setworldspawn

that will set the spawn point where your player is

so you can move it wherever you want

Spoiler

you can OP yourself and do /setworldspawn

that will set the spawn point where your player is

so you can move it wherever you want

Is there a way of doing this before the map loads though, I hate trying to find the intended spawn locations on prebuilt maps. And google is useless for this stuff.

Is there a way of doing this before the map loads though, I hate trying to find the intended spawn locations on prebuilt maps. And google is useless for this stuff.

oh, not that I know of

prebuilt maps should have the world spawn point set correctly...idk why it wouldnt put you there

Spoiler

oh, not that I know of

prebuilt maps should have the world spawn point set correctly...idk why it wouldnt put you there

I've also been having and error with "Unable to load sign [location]" that causes things to get messed up on prebuilt maps. Guesses on that?

I've also been having and error with "Unable to load sign [location]" that causes things to get messed up on prebuilt maps. Guesses on that?

no idea, never heard of that bug before

Spoiler