Konami fucking up news?

SImoHayha

I thought everyone was joining the "discs are obsolete" bandwagon. But now people are saying they want their games on a disc?

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Man, working for big game publishers these days must be a good way to literally die of shame.

I might get out of gaming just because I'm sick as shit of hearing of all the literal depths of intentional retardation explored every day in the field.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

they should release a tool to put an encrypted version (so strangers don't put anything nasty into the files) of the installer to a flashdrive or external hardrive so people with slow internet or data caps could go and get in from their friends or libraries or even from gamestop from a small $1-3 fee, and go home activate the key and download the encryption key.

I guess if consoles go digital only as well a solution like this would be inevitable, since internet infrastructure doesn't seem to be improving in a fast enough rate.

Haha! #Don'tPreorder

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Well, another company I'm adding to my "NEVER AGAIN" list. Konami's been doing some shady shizz lately and they're using my trust even moar these days

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

This is exactly what happened to me with Skyrim. I went to the midnight release and was super pumped to play it when I got home. Steam installer. Fuck you Bethesda.

Skyrim did have the files on the disc, it just preferentially downloaded from Steam for some godawful reason. I was having internet issues at the time, and I did manage to force it to install from disc.

BTW, @Ramamataz just use who, not whom, when you don't know the difference.

I buy games in box just for the Steam key, but I agree that having the option of a disc is nice

Well, another company I'm adding to my "NEVER AGAIN" list. Konami's been doing some shady shizz lately and they're using my trust even moar these days

You on your 15th page of that list?

Haha! #Don'tPreorder

#Dontusehashtags

#Apostrophesdontcountinhashtagstheybreakthem

I thought everyone was joining the "discs are obsolete" bandwagon. But now people are saying they want their games on a disc?

It's like the whole W10 and DX12 thing. PC gamers are being twats and aren't making up their fucking mind,

LOL what's the point of even selling a physical copy then? Seems like a waste of optical discs and store space

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What are u talking about? that installer almost fills my HDD:

look_back.jpg

from 1980....

I raise you this glorious 5 MB beast

article_img.jpg

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

so basically Batman Arkham Knight all over again, only worse 

1 - if you don't have the physical version of the game, stay the hell off this thread and don't make a snarky comments or random meme. 
2 - the game is still on sale for the rest of the world, raising questions regarding did WB really suspend PC sales. : http://www.flipkart.com/batman-arkham-knight/p/itmdu94fcqjtzn6g?q=Batman+Arkham+Knight
3 - Everyone is saying the game only installs 7 GB from 5 DVD's of 37GB game, so what's the deal with it ?

complains that steam is going to dowload the rest of the 30 GB making the DVD pointless as they were printed before the game went gold as Steam replaces the entire 30 GB of the game all over. 

so, i'm asking do anyof you have the physical version? is this true ? 

ZTu54ww.png

Mfl43s8.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I'm afraid this is a sign of the times and things to come. Personally I quite like the fact that discs are disappearing. I haven't bought a physical game since leaving consoles last generation. The amount of extra room I have from not having tons of DVD cases littered around everywhere is amazing.

Personally I cannot see the next generation of consoles having any form of physical media unless they move games onto SD cards. Physical media isn't just disappearing from gaming, but Netflix has almost done away with the need to buy physical media for a lot of people.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

I'm afraid this is a sign of the times and things to come. Personally I quite like the fact that discs are disappearing. I haven't bought a physical game since leaving consoles last generation. The amount of extra room I have from not having tons of DVD cases littered around everywhere is amazing.

Personally I cannot see the next generation of consoles having any form of physical media unless they move games onto SD cards. Physical media isn't just disappearing from gaming, but Netflix has almost done away with the need to buy physical media for a lot of people.

well their loss, i'm not gonna buy any game that's on a disk as i have the most terrible internet . all my games are on physical DVD's

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Now am pretty pissed off actually if this is true. What about PC users whom don't have a fast internet connection ? At least GTA V offered a physical DISCS sure it was nearly 7 discs but still it was better then nothing. It took me three days to download GTAV and not to mention the infamous files being corrupted which also required 4 additional hours to re-download the broken files.

I didn't get it until this weekend when my buddy decided to drive to gamestop to buy gta5 because he has bandwidth limits. This sucks for people like him.

This is exactly what happened to me with Skyrim. I went to the midnight release and was super pumped to play it when I got home. Steam installer. Fuck you Bethesda.

This is entirely different to the skyrim launch.. 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

No, there's a world of difference between discs being obsolete for most people to a company selling a disc version of a game which includes no game. People who buy games on disc do so for a specific reason, exactly because they cannot download lots of files for whatever reason. Said people will buy the retail edition only to find out they still have to download the files anyway. At best that's false advertising, at worst its mis-selling or even anti consumer selling.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

and I provide you with a 8.79MB file

7zip ftw

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You on your 15th page of that list?

19th, actually. 100/page.

Not even joking. I have a list

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Nope, there's just different groups of people who want different things.

Given that its only a single disc, no surprise. A single DVD wouldn't hold the entire game, but maybe a blue ray would. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR