Why is the i3 4160 the best i3 CPU?

It's not.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

4130 is the best imo - best price:performance.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Explain your reason why the 4160 is the best of the i3's.

Best priced and has a high frequency. There are faster models, so it's not the "best". But the faster models are so close to the i5-4460 it's not worth it.

Especially since the faster models are only a few % faster.

Core i3-4370 is the best Core i3 mate

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

4370 is best, not regarding price.

But it's very good price to performance

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Where'd you get the idea that it was the best?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Pretty much every i3 on Haswell and Haswell refreshed CPUs are same.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Lol I think it's funny how everyone just responded with "it's not"

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Pretty much every i3 on Haswell and Haswell refreshed CPUs are same.

If they were the same they wouldn't be called different things... bold statement lol

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Where'd you get the idea that it was the best?

Read through the posts around here. Look at the best rated i3's on Newegg or pcpartpicker, they always have it rated highest. I don't know that it is the best, I want to know why everyone else think its the best. 

If they were the same they wouldn't be called different things... bold statement lol

Forgot to put "performs"

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Read through the posts around here. Look at the best rated i3's on Newegg or pcpartpicker, they always have it rated highest. I don't know that it is the best, I want to know why everyone else think its the best. 

Ratings from sites like pcpartpicker are a better reflection of customer satisfaction than a measure of which is the best. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Lol I think it's funny how everyone just responded with "it's not"

Hilarious! I don't think its the best. I want to find out why it has so much hype. Guess this is the best way for me to choose an i3 and apparently its not the 4160.

Ratings from sites like pcpartpicker are a better reflection of customer satisfaction than a measure of which is the best. 

It also means a shit load of people have purchased it and spent time leaving a review. I am not saying it is the best but it shows its popular. I want to know why it is so popular. 

It's not the "best," but all i3-4xxx's will perform very similarly. And since most people buying an i3 are doing so because their budget didn't allow for an i5, the 4160 is a really good value and a smart choice.

Core i3-4370 is the best Core i3 mate

20 dollars for .2GHz more

yeah no. 4170 is the best price/performance. if you get a 4370 you might as well get a 4440  

It also means a shit load of people have purchased it and spent time leaving a review. I am not saying it is the best but it shows its popular. I want to know why it is so popular. 

It's the cheapest Haswell i3. 

Why do you think its best? The 4170 is better.

I personally don't know. The 4170 seems to be the same price. Could be a winner. 

Why do you like the 4460?

20 dollars for .2GHz more

yeah no. 4170 is the best price/performance. if you get a 4370 you might as well get a 4440  

Nothing was mentioned regarding price, just the best Core i3 and the 4370 is the best now if you want best i3 for the money then obviously the 4370 won't be the best.

I stand by what I posted.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Good price compared to 4370 and better than 1st gen Haswell 4130.

I have used a 4160 and I can say it is good. Possibly not the best of the i3s, but the most popular. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Nothing was mentioned regarding price, just the best Core i3 and the 4370 is the best now if you want best i3 for the money then obviously the 4370 won't be the best.

I stand by what I posted.

You shouldn't stand by what you posted, because you never ever considered price to performance, no matter what we're talking about, Price to Performance is  always a factor. Besides, you can adjust the BUS speed. In reality, you forget too much that you should consider.And I can tell you this right here, right now no one will spend the extra money for .1GHz And again, you shouldn't even get an i3, you should just get the Anniversary Pentium and it will match any i3 because of its overclockablity.