Assassin's Creed Syndicate recommended system requirements will target 1080p 30 FPS on PC

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

-snip-

The only relevant one before Unity would be Black Flag - http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/11846/?p=r since it was on both current and previous-gen

Unity is an exception due to being completely PS4/XB1. Rogue is previous-gen and it runs silky smooth on PC.

Unity is a bad example to use even if it's the only example we have. Unity also runs well enough on their recommended hardware, but the CPU draw call limitations is what ended up killing it. And it's also a brand new engine made for PS4/XB1. 

Note that "low" is subjective now. 2 years ago, Black Flag's requirements were low for the time. Today, a 500-600 series GPU or AMD equivalent would be considered low-midrange. Keep that in mind. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

The only relevant one before Unity would be Black Flag - http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag/11846/?p=r since it was on both current and previous-gen

Unity is an exception due to being completely PS4/XB1. Rogue is previous-gen and it runs silky smooth on PC.

Unity is a bad example to use even if it's the only example we have. Unity also runs well enough on their recommended hardware, but the CPU draw call limitations is what ended up killing it. And it's also a brand new engine made for PS4/XB1. 

Note that "low" is subjective now. 2 years ago, Black Flag's requirements were low for the time. Today, a 500-600 series GPU or AMD equivalent would be considered low-midrange. Keep that in mind. 

what was your point actually ? dont take it the wrong way. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

what was your point actually ? dont take it the wrong way. 

Black Flag's requirements (the game before Unity) is the only realistic example of what would be considered "low" recommended requirements. Unity is a bad example (since the requirements you posted are for Unity). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I would be ok with that as long as stable and barley is delicious...

I'm used to it and find it hard to tell the difference. All I ask is to not have random chugging...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Black Flag's requirements (the game before Unity) is the only realistic example of what would be considered "low" recommended requirements. Unity is a bad example (since the requirements you posted are for Unity). 

just take a look at the last 3 AAA games from ubisoft and compare their recommended specs. that's all i can say. if this years specs are anywhere lower then what was last year, i told you in the comment earlier, you can quote me on it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

so you would be ok if it barely reaches 45 and runs 30 FPS butter smooth ?

Stable 30 FPS I'm fine with.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Stable 30 FPS I'm fine with.

because you are used to playing it on 30 FPS on PS4, i'll never be on a mouse and key where turning the camera in 30 FPS is turning it all the way around 2 times when you are used to 60 FPS, i'm glad you are ok, no one who plays it on PC doens't but as soon as i say that, you are gonna say "you do", at the end if they day, no one in the sane mind who plays it on PC can bare 30 FPS when you are used to 60 FPS.

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

There won't be any difference in performance if in recommended spec it's written 680 or 980. I though we are done with "system requirement" bullshit. It's always wrong, I have no idea why people made such a huge fuss from this.
GTA:V reccomended system spec: GTX 660. You think it runs 1080p max details 60fps? HELL NO, why no one was complaining about it?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

because you are used to playing it on 30 FPS on PS4, i'll never be on a mouse and key where turning the camera in 30 FPS is turning it all the way around 2 times when you are used to 60 FPS, i'm glad you are ok, no one who plays it on PC doens't but as soon as i say that, you are gonna say "you do", at the end if they day, no one in the sane mind who plays it on PC can bare 30 FPS when you are used to 60 FPS.

What ? Me playing on PS4 has nothing to do with this , I know 60 FPS is better ( I prefer it ) but if I can get smooth/consistent 30 FPS I'm good. And it depends on the game it self as in CSGO if it isn't 60 FPS it just feels laggy and horrible but games like Dying Light, Metro 2033, AC Rouge I'm tottaly fine with it.

And what do you mean by turning it around 2 times when you are used to 60 FPS.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What ? Me playing on PS4 has nothing to do with this , I know 60 FPS is better ( I prefer it ) but if I can get smooth/consistent 30 FPS I'm good. And it depends on the game it self as in CSGO if it isn't 60 FPS it just feels laggy and horrible but games like Dying Light, Metro 2033, AC Rouge I'm tottaly fine with it.

And what do you mean by turning it around 2 times when you are used to 60 FPS.

when you turn you camera in 3rd person game in 60 fps, you move you mouse to do so, the same movement when you do in a 30 FPS game, you are over doing it, because your hand has been trained to move it exactly to 60 fps when you turn back you turn back, in 30 fps , you do that same movement, you are Turing twice, if you can understand what i'm saying i can't help.

and as i said, ppl will always defend 30 FPS constant only when they own a console, i'll be amazed of a person who plays on PC and doesn't have a console say that to me. any more discussion to this will be derailing the thread so i'll not be responding to anymore to this topic. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Don't sysreqs always do this? Even if they target 1080p 60fps it won't mean much to a lot of this forum who use 1440p, 4K, ultrawide, or Surround anyway.

System Requirements are vaguely interesting if you find it requiring a 4790k and a 980 just to run because that usually means its a shit port, but otherwise just turn the graphics down until it runs on whatever you have to your satisfaction.

Hell high system requirements don't even mean it actually needs that hardware to run.

The requirements are whatever they tested the game with.  If they didn't have weaker hardware on hand and they were lazy, then they usually get inflated.  This is incidentally why so many games use ivy bridge i7's in their recommend requirements lately.  It's what the devs had on hand while developing the game.  (And usually they just pull the AMD equivalent out of their ass.)

and as i said, ppl will always defend 30 FPS constant only when they own a console, i'll be amazed of a person who plays on PC and doesn't have a console say that to me. any more discussion to this will be derailing the thread so i'll not be responding to anymore to this topic. 

Grew up playing games at sub-30 FPS on a shitheap computer.  Even when I bought my first gaming PC it was only capable of ~30 FPS. (was running a radeon 4850 at 1920x1200...)  I can do much, much more than that now, but I'd still maintain that a constant 30 FPS is a perfectly fine experience.  60 is better of course, but honestly if a game is fun to play even a little bit of slowdown isn't a huge deal.  It's a far cry from the stuttering mess people pretend that it is.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

-snip-

Did you even read it?

The team in Kiev is working to accommodate the myriad PC setups as they optimize the game. Kovalev tells us that PC requirements are still being finalized, and said that there will be no locks on the game as far as framerate and resolution goes. The recommended system requirements will target 1080p and 30 FPS.

Basically they are saying that the system requirements will be a system that can handle the game at 1080p 30fps. They no way stated that the final game will be locked, but in fact was quite the opposite, they stated that with the release of the game there will be no locks in place.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

when you turn you camera in 3rd person game in 60 fps, you move you mouse to do so, the same movement when you do in a 30 FPS game, you are over doing it, because your hand has been trained to move it exactly to 60 fps when you turn back you turn back, in 30 fps , you do that same movement, you are Turing twice, if you can understand what i'm saying i can't help.

You got anything to back this up ? Cause I don't think it's true as it's the same resolution. If you move your mouse an inch it will be the same in 30 or 60 FPS ( if it has the same resolution, DPI, sensitivity )

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Grew up playing games at sub-30 FPS on a shitheap computer.  Even when I bought my first gaming PC it was only capable of ~30 FPS. (was running a radeon 4850 at 1920x1200...)  I can do much, much more than that now, but I'd still maintain that a constant 30 FPS is a perfectly fine experience.  60 is better of course, but honestly if a game is fun to play even a little bit of slowdown isn't a huge deal.  It's a far cry from the stuttering mess people pretend that it is.

i grew up with my PC having a GT 7700, i know what it feels like to play at 30 FPS and played it until 3-4 years ago, i can never go back to 30 after playing at 60, it's just too much workaround to get my mind adjusted to 30 when all your movements are based on 60. and are we really supporting game devs to start optimizing games for 30 here in 2015? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

i grew up with my PC having a GT 7700, i know what it feels like to play at 30 FPS and played it until 3-4 years ago, i can never go back to 30 after playing at 60, it's just too much workaround to get my mind adjusted to 30 when all your movements are based on 60. and are we really supporting game devs to start optimizing games for 30 here in 2015?

I call b.s. on movment part. Anyway I will go testing and then report back.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I call b.s. on movment part. Anyway I will go testing and then report back.

maybe go test it before you call it BS next time ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

They said they'd do better this time, honest! I really hope they don't **** it up.

If they ruin my franchise, I'll wring their lying, thieving, necks.

You have to remember this is the company that backed statements like, "30fps is just cinematic, and more pleasing to watch" and "The human brain can't perceive more than 24hz in an image"

They already ruined the franchise by refusing to adapt and add new meaningful features. The only AS game in the last half-decade that comes to mind as being out of the blue, and a welcomed change, and received high reviews because of it, was Black Flag, and that's just because you could forgo the ground all-together and be a pirate on the high seas. That was by far, imo the best assassins creed game they've ever made. The story was piss poor, the combat was the same weak combat, but the single-play was made amazing by the pirate battles. Now they just need to add co-op multiplayer piracy, that would be amazing.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

maybe go test it before you call it BS next time ?

Sure thing but I don't need to when it logically doesn't even make sense.

I've done my testing in CSGO. I went in offline mode in De_Dust2 and used a deagle. I aligned myself in a position then moved my mouse from the edge on the left to the edge on the right then fired a shot. I did it 5 times. I did it first in 60 FPS then in 30 FPS result ? same bloody thing as expected.

If you want to do your own testing feel free.

p.s. I used Rivatuner Statistics Server to limit the FPS.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I recommend they stop releasing PC ports, specially uninspired, tired and awful fucking Assassin Creed games already. It's like shut the fuck up Ubi, by shut up I mean stop making games for PC.

I still want them to do Far Cry games though. Not that FC4 was such a great port (not smooth at all, the anti-GTAV), but at least the game was fun.

Sure thing but I don't need to when it logically doesn't even make sense.

I've done my testing in CSGO. I went in offline mode in De_Dust2 and used a deagle. I aligned myself in a position then moved my mouse from the edge on the left to the edge on the right then fired a shot. I did it 5 times. I did it first in 60 FPS then in 30 FPS result ? same bloody thing as expected.

If you want to do your own testing feel free.

p.s. I used Rivatuner Statistics Server to limit the FPS.

there's a reason i said try a 3rd person game, not FPS. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Lolwut 30fps on pc? What do they test these games on, a toaster?

What do you think? Most used graphic cards on steamWEg2YiL.png

What do you think? Most used graphic cards on steamWEg2YiL.png

Think about how many people buy OEM PC/laptops. Okay now think about how many have relatively expensive dGPU installed. There is your answer as to why there are so many Intel iGPU on the list.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If they are aiming for 1080i (1920x1080 30FPS), they know that it will struggle to run at 1080p (1920x1080 60FPS).

the gtx 980 doesnt even make up 1% of the market. You might be an enthusiast but that doesnt make up the bulk of the steam community. a 760 gets under 60 fps on Assassin's Creed 3, according to Nvidia's site. How the hell do you think it's going to perform, not on AC4, Unity but on Syndicate, aka AC6?

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-760/performance

Think about how many people buy OEM PC/laptops. Okay now think about how many have relatively expensive dGPU installed. There is your answer as to why there are so many Intel iGPU on the list.

So? You're like agreeing with my point while trying to make a counter-point. The vast majority of people dont use a triple sli 980 TI. Fuck the 980 TI isnt even statistically relevant enough to make the list, think about this. Think about this, that means it's not even 0.31% of directx11 GPUs used on steam.

There won't be any difference in performance if in recommended spec it's written 680 or 980. I though we are done with "system requirement" bullshit. It's always wrong, I have no idea why people made such a huge fuss from this.

GTA:V reccomended system spec: GTX 660. You think it runs 1080p max details 60fps? HELL NO, why no one was complaining about it?

Except rockstar wasn't stupid enough to say they were "targetting" 30 FPS, and Rockstar doesn't has a record of being extremely condescending and insulting to PC gamers and gamers in general with the entire 30 FPS bullshit along with gimped fucking releases and intentionally crippled pc games.

So in that context and coming from Ubi: Fuck them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

O look, Ubisoft wants us to pirate their game? Well no problem! /S

But seriously, when will people stop with the 60FPS circlejerk? You don't need 60FPS for a third person game.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU