VR - can people blind in one eye take advantage of the experience?

Toddskins

Pretty much, if a person is blind, or legally blind, in one eye, will he still be able to enjoy VR, or not?

If a weak eye can see light and objects, but not clearly, is that going to ruin VR for such person?

Wth does legally blind mean? If you're literally blind on one eye, like no vision at all, you wont get the amazing 3D that everyone else gets, but then again you're used to this. As for having a weak eye, depending on your situation, I bet you that you could work around this with a combination of hardware and software to give you the opportunity to see a bright, vibrant 3D world which would be absolutely amazing.

Wth does legally blind mean? If you're literally blind on one eye, like no vision at all, you wont get the amazing 3D that everyone else gets, but then again you're used to this. As for having a weak eye, depending on your situation, I bet you that you could work around this with a combination of hardware and software to give you the opportunity to see a bright, vibrant 3D world which would be absolutely amazing.

Legally blind means while you can see something, not just blackness, it's so little that they consider you "Legally blind"

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

Good question man. As far as I know, typical VR headset consist of two separate displays, each meant for each one of the eyes, trying to simulate the reality.

I believe, a person, with a vision misfunction will see just the way they would see reality. Not as good as us. So it will feel extra real for them =/.

from my experience with google cardbox, its no different than regular video with single eye, so no I dont think so.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

from my experience with google cardbox, its no different than regular video with single eye, so no I dont think so.

Its 3D, so you will lose all of the depth perception, and you wont really benefit from using VR

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Good question man. As far as I know, typical VR headset consist of two separate displays, each meant for each one of the eyes, trying to simulate the reality.

I believe, a person, with a vision misfunction will see just the way they would see reality. Not as good as us. So it will feel extra real for them =/.

Surely you could work around this though, exactly because you have two separate displays. :) Make one output significantly more light etc to offset for the vision disability.

Surely you could work around this though, exactly because you have two separate displays. :) Make one output significantly more light etc to offset for the vision disability.

that wont work, its like a layer of translucent blackness or blur. even if you do that all you would see is a huge light source besides than the objects displayed.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

that wont work, its like a layer of translucent blackness or blur. even if you do that all you would see is a huge light source besides than the objects displayed.

Saying it wont work already would be stupid honestly. We've been doing amazing things with tech lately that ten years ago you wouldn't believe would ever be possible. :)

Legally blind is having vision in one eye that without correction is 20/200 or worse.

Its 3D, so you will lose all of the depth perception, and you wont really benefit from using VR

I just read a response from another site, who gave me this link:  http://kotaku.com/playing-occulus-rift-with-only-one-eye-1074765790

As I read through it, it seems as though you CAN still get the benefit of full immersion, and while reading another comment on that link, another person wrote that he had just studied in one of his science classes, how amazing the human body is and that a single eye is still able to take note of visual cues for depth perception, alone, so there was a lot of optimism produced on that link.

Assuming that 3D is the only feature of VR and not the field of view, immersion or ability to control the game through movement.

Assuming that 3D is the only feature of VR and not the field of view, immersion or ability to control the game through movement.

Very true, I should have made it clear that I meant the 3d visual aspect

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

In a sense, yes; you'll still get all of the immersion. You'll just be missing on the 3d. Of course depending on the exact problem you have you may experience nausea though.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

In a sense, yes; you'll still get all of the immersion. You'll just be missing on the 3d. Of course depending on the exact problem you have you may experience nausea though.

But you miss 3d IRL too so it's no different

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

But you miss 3d IRL too so it's no different

yup

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I guess it'll be oke

"Just go Android (Glorious Android Masterrace)"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB

PC "SkyT": Radeon 390, i5 6600K, NZXT H440 Razer 

Pretty much, if a person is blind, or legally blind, in one eye, will he still be able to enjoy VR, or not?

If a weak eye can see light and objects, but not clearly, is that going to ruin VR for such person?

Hey i've tried the DK2 a store local to me an I have a lazy eye so my strong eye makes up for my weak eye an i managed to use the DK2 

There would have to be a specific profile for people with visual impairment, however the technology doesn't actually provide enough sensory detail in my opinion to give the full experience to anyone with a sensory impairment.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL