What's the cheapest GPU that can stay at 1080p 60fps in Team Fortress 2? (What about Mass Effect 3?)

Vozella

What's the cheapest GPU that can stay at 1080p 60fps in Team Fortress 2? I was going to get a GTX 970, but now I'm thinking of a GTX 960.

All the benchmarks for the GPUs are for the graphically intense games, but I just want to play games that don't focus on graphics.

Edit: Okay. What about Mass Effect 3? I just thought of it now, but I do want to play that game.

Edited by Vozella

probably the 750 or 260 whatever is cheaper

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

You might be fine with integrated graphics, but I would get a 750Ti because it's only $150ish.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

You really don't need much of a GPU to run the source engine.

GMOD.

Gaming PC: CPU: i7 4770k@4.2GHz w/ CM Nepton 140xl, GPU: Gigabyte 1070 @2050, RAM: ADATA XPG V1 16GB@2133MHz, Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 7, Case: Corsair NZXT S340.

I have Intel Integrated graphics and I run TF2 at 1080p 60+ fps. You really don't need much of a GPU to run the source engine.

Wtf. I also have integrated graphics and I barely hit 40 fps. I'm used to playing at 24 fps now.

Wtf. I also have integrated graphics and I barely hit 40 fps. I'm used to playing at 24 fps now.

It all depends on game modes/maps/specs on Source games for FPS, i can get like 15FPS on CS:GO in Zombie Escape/Mode. 

What's the cheapest GPU that can stay at 1080p 60fps in Team Fortress 2? I was going to get a GTX 970, but now I'm thinking of a GTX 960.

All the benchmarks for the GPUs are for the graphically intense games, but I just want to play games that don't focus on graphics.

Edit: Okay. What about Mass Effect 3? I just thought of it now, but I do want to play that game.

I have a 7770 Ghz and get 120 FPS at 1080p with all the filters cranked...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

For Mass Effect 3 it looks like the GTX 460, which is in between the R7 250x and R7 260x.

me3%201920.png

It looks like CPU doesn't matter at all.

me3%20proz.png

And TF2 is from like 2008, anything remotely recent should max that easily.

I'd personally go with a GTX 750 Ti in your situation. Here's one for $113 shipped with no rebates:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500327

The R7 260x is about the same price but is a weaker performer. The GTX 960 is ridiculous overkill if you're just looking to play TF2 and Mass Effect 3. The 750 Ti is a little overkill too, but drop any lower than GTX 750 Ti or R7 260x and you're paying just a little less for way less performance.

This 750 Ti doesn't look to need PCIE power either.

Integrated broadwell graphics would be pretty good for your case.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900