is Jarvis within reach?

ddbtkd456

Do you think you could make one?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

You trolling??

55071714.jpg

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

We are nowhere near having Jarvis.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Jarvis wishes we had him..

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You trolling??

55071714.jpg

No it's a realistic question. I saw an article a while back about a kid that made one to help him with his migraines and it would sense who's in his house and if he got a migraine it would turn down lights and shit. Now with Windows 10 cornana or whatever I tonight it would be legit to ask this.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I don't think most people on this forum are capable of making him however we're getting closer and closer every day to creating AI that learns about the world around them.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

No it's a realistic question. I saw an article a while back about a kid that made one to help him with his migraines and it would sense who's in his house and if he got a migraine it would turn down lights and shit. Now with Windows 10 cornana or whatever I tonight it would be legit to ask this.

Jarvis is basically a human in the Iron Man movies, can't really argue about that, we are a long way off.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I don't think most people on this forum are capable of making him however we're getting closer and closer every day to creating AI that learns about the world around them.

To back it up we have Amazon echo which registers to your voice like "okay Google" does and essentially I bet you could figure how to make it heard in each room, and control lights and stuff. Take it one step further. Nest is a automated home temp controller. And it wouldn't be that hard to make it voice activated.

Jarvis is basically a human in the Iron Man movies, can't really argue about that, we are a long way off.

No I was just talking about the automated home part. Not so much his interface like personality wise.

inb4 bad ingress jokes

What are you talking about, I've already got 2..

jNf3l.png

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

its called Cortana

closest thing we've got.

And TBH its more or less like every time Intel releases a chip with more cores and faster cores because you'd need some insane CPU to run an Artificial Intelligence. Also, you'd need like a lot of SSD's and HDD"s to store that much Data, Even if they where stored somewhere.

No.

But it would be awesome to be able too.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Do you think you could make one?

We are nowhere near close to that. Right now all AI systems are limited to very specific domains (eg something to search the web, something to control lights and stuff in houses etc). An AI which can actually understand people the way people understand people and learn through explanation is far far away. Any Jarvis-like system which would be build now would probably say "I don't understand" or "please enter a different input" on the vast majority of things you'd ask or tell it.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Just no. At most we have a computer as intelligent as a mouse, some argue a insect. To get to the intelligence equal to Jarvis we need a a good few years yet, and an incredible increase in computing power

Just no. At most we have a computer as intelligent as a mouse, some argue a insect. To get to the intelligence equal to Jarvis we need a a good few years yet, and an incredible increase in computing power

Yea I'm just talking about controlling stuff around the house. Play x song, open x application. Basic stuff. Turn down temperature in house. Not really the interface part of it if you will.

Yea I'm just talking about controlling stuff around the house. Play x song, open x application. Basic stuff. Turn down temperature in house. Not really the interface part of it if you will.

For doing mindless tasks we are already there with Google Now, Cortana and Siri, but for programs that can put some actual thought into your request we are unfortunately are nowhere near. (Hopefully in my lifetime though, that would be nice)

It's coming. I'm not sure in my lifetime but certainly in the average LTT member's lifetime. Linus has talked about the iHome from Apple. It's certainly a logical progression. Getting enough of a personality to respond intelligently? Maybe.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!