How to Stop Procrastination? LinusLifeTips

Arty

Sop i have 15 days to finish my mathhomework

its ~35 pages

its not hard and

I love math

but i would rather watch paint dry.....

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

that ^ xD

sausage-v.SM.jpg

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Like convice yourself it's better to do it and finish it faster and if you finish it faster you will just feel comfy and no pressure.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Hire a prostitute, and let her take something off every 5 pages or something, and she will take care of some firework if you are done, if you know what i mean :3

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

music helps. or get some lube and jerk the ol sasuage

this helps u concentrate ;)

Probably not the type of thing he's trying to concentrate on, if you know what I mean xD

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Stop being a child?

I don't know, i never understood the procrastination thing.

Wait until tomorrow, then do it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

-too big putin cookie picture-

YES! Finally someone that appreciates my genuisness! :D Now gimme cookies damned! This made my day, thank you sir!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just know that it's gotta be done... And so no matter how long you put if off, you're gonna have to sit and do it at one point. 

Plus, getting it over and done with, you can enjoy the rest of your time without knowing you still have it to do. 

Stop being a child?

I think it happens when you just aren't responsible or can't like force yourself to focus on something.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I think it happens when you just aren't responsible or can't like force yourself to focus on something.

Pretty much. I didn't have the problem when i was in highschool. My parents were very strict though, like asian mom and black dad, i didn't dare do stupid shit like bad grades. I smoked a lot of weed though.

like my brain and i want to do it, but my body is like fuck you, no you aren't 

Pretty much. I didn't have the problem when i was in highschool. My parents were very strict though, like asian mom and black dad, i didn't dare do stupid shit like bad grades. I smoked a lot of weed though.

For me it's not about my parents it's about my future, if I get bad grades I just have no future ( at least a decent one ).

like my brain and i want to do it, but my body is like fuck you, no you aren't

xD that sounds like me in elementary.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Set up a time when you're going to start working, then try to avoid stimuli for about 30-60 minutes before the time you set. Work out, take a walk, listen to some music, anything that doesn't get you fired up or leaves you craving for more.

It should be easier to start and concentrate, if you're already stimulated then it's pretty likely that you want more of it thus making non-stimulating work harder to do.

I'm not going to say I know shit about the subject, but I've heard it works for some people.

Stop being a child?

Remember that the human brain doesn't function exactly the same for every person. Some people naturally crave more stimuli than others, it's not something you can just grow out of, although you can condition yourself.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

For me it's not about my parents it's about my future, if I get bad grades I just have no future ( at least a decent one ).

xD that sounds like me in elementary.

I got my future beat into me lmao

I'm currently taking classes while working a job that is paying extremely well. I won't be making much more once i get my degree. I mean i share an apartment with an old friend but have a condo on the water for my boat. I could work this job for the rest of my life but i'm getting the degree for easier hours and more cash.

I got my future beat into me lmao

I'm currently taking classes while working a job that is paying extremely well. I won't be making much more once i get my degree. I mean i share an apartment with an old friend but have a condo on the water for my boat. I could work this job for the rest of my life but i'm getting the degree for easier hours and more cash.

How did it beat into you ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Set up a time when you're going to start working, then try to avoid stimuli for about 30-60 minutes before the time you set. Work out, take a walk, listen to some music, anything that doesn't get you fired up or leaves you craving for more.

It should be easier to start and concentrate, if you're already stimulated then it's pretty likely that you want more of it thus making non-stimulating work harder to do.

I'm not going to say I know shit about the subject, but I've heard it works for some people.

Remember that the human brain doesn't function exactly the same for every person. Some people naturally crave more stimuli than others, it's not something you can just grow out of, although you can condition yourself.

Sounds like lack of discipline to me. If something is important you should do it. I was just saying i don't understand why its a huge problem. I'm sure if you have like adhd it could be a problem. Most of the time its just the kid being irresponsible, like most kids, but w,e.

How did it beat into you ?

My parents whooped my ass. lol